Logitech - G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

I bought mine back in July for $140 and believe its worth every cent. It made me a fan of Cherry MX Browns when I thought I was a Blue guy for life. The software is very good and totally transparent now and free of the bugs that it used to have. The on the fly macro recording is very nice and the ability to change the brightness of the WASD keys independently of the others is a nice feature as well. Love the volume roller and mute button and its very well built plus Logitech customer service FTW! I say this is a great deal at $110.

Mac is it possible to bind keys to open certain programs/apps in windows? The current keyboard I have allows you to bind keys to open programs in the quick launch on windows is that possible with thsi keyboard?

I don't know honestly. I haven't gotten that far in the LGS options. I just set up the couple features I wanted and haven't delved in any further. I would be surprised if you couldn't tho because the options in there are extensive.

It will be 99.99 at newegg in a couple hours so I would wait. Also depending on your state you may skip tax, and most likely amazon will match everything LOL>

$99.99 at newegg right now...probably the best you are going to do for a while unless you find a refurb

Can anyone confirm if is it possible to bind keys to open any programs/apps in windows?
Also what's better for gaming blue or Brown?

Can anyone confirm if is it possible to bind keys to open any programs/apps in windows?

I think the general consensus is

Blue best for typing
Red best for gaming
Brown somewhere in the middle.

I think that's all probably over hyped and it is really just a personal preference though. I have blue switches at work so this will be my first time trying the browns.

I think the general consensus is

Blue best for typing
Red best for gaming
Brown somewhere in the middle.

I think that's all probably over hyped and it is really just a personal preference though. I have blue switches at work so this will be my first time trying the browns.

and your co-workers haven't killed you yet? that is impressive. Don't get me wrong i love blues, but god damn they are loud. My blue Filco's are hidden underneath my bed until a rainy day.

Different people will tell you different things as far as the switches go. It's more of a preference thing. They both have a tactile bump at the activation point though browns lack that "click" that blues have at that point. Browns also have a lower actuation force than blues.

and your co-workers haven't killed you yet? that is impressive. Don't get me wrong i love blues, but god damn they are loud. My blue Filco's are hidden underneath my bed until a rainy day.

Haha I am a developer and the 6 other guys that sit in the same section of the office with me all have the same keyboard. Its pretty loud in there.

Can someone confirm whether there are programmable keys to open programs in windows? Its all thats holding me back on ordering.

Just an FYI from a G710+ owner, I do not recommend the keyboard overall. It is not bad, but the keys have quickly worn off the lettering. The palm rest has developed a smoothed sheen where my palm rests and it simply cannot be cleaned off. The keys are glossy and seem to absorb the oils from my fingers at a quick rate.

I regret not waiting for a Corsair K70 (yes, even with its flaws) or a higher quality mechanical board. A friend of mine gave me his old Corsair K70 in black and I enjoy this board a lot more. aesthetically it is much more pleasing.

Overall the color scheme and quality are just not awesome on the G710+ in my opinion. I think a matte wrist wrest would do wonders with some type of change to the key caps as well. Outside of that the switches and functionality of the keyboard was decent.

dsmwookie what keyboard would you recommend that has programmable keys & media keys that is mechanical?

The G710 with cherry mx blue switches is $90 right now, I like the sound of the tactile click and checked out my bro's G710+ and wasn't super impressed with the cushioned landing on them.

I would check out Corsair but I already have all Logitech stuff including the software so I figured I'd check out the blue and see if I like it. My G110 has been pretty good, but I dislike the looseness of the keycaps and overall typing is inconsistent feeling.

chizowI also went with the blues for 89 bux cheap for a keyboard with programmable buttons, blacklit, and mechanical...I felt like the browns didnt feel mechanical and almost felt like what im using now (non)mechanical..I just got the log 502proteus core mouse too!! These two will match nicely!
BTW does anyone know the difference between the 710PLus and regular 710?

chizowI also went with the blues for 89 bux cheap for a keyboard with programmable buttons, blacklit, and mechanical...I felt like the browns didnt feel mechanical and almost felt like what im using now (non)mechanical..I just got the log 502proteus core mouse too!! These two will match nicely!
BTW does anyone know the difference between the 710PLus and regular 710?

I think the only difference is the G710+ is brown switches and the regular is blue.

Ok good this is my first mechanical kb hope I like it lol
Is blue bad for gaming? I Need a kb for both gaming & typing...?
Is it possible to have the F keys on a keyboard open certain progrmas?

Last edited:
You will like it man don't worry. I don't see why gaming on blues would be a problem if you like them.

Well I've never even used a mechanical in general. I've been using an old Microsoft digital pro media keyboard that cost $30 for longer than a decade lol. I tried the Brown switch 710 at best buy but didn't like how it felt a bit mushy and not clicky at all. I did like the razor at best buy and I believe it had blue switches so I'm hoping this Logitech is similar

Well I've never even used a mechanical in general. I've been using an old Microsoft digital pro media keyboard that cost $30 for longer than a decade lol. I tried the Brown switch 710 at best buy but didn't like how it felt a bit mushy and not clicky at all. I did like the razor at best buy and I believe it had blue switches so I'm hoping this Logitech is similar

Was it the blackwidow? The non stealth version of that does have blue switches.

You will like the blues. I am kind of worried I won't like the browns that I ordered cause I love the blues so much but I wanted to try them.

The razerzone thread I started. Had better deals... Could be sold out by now.

Yes I'm not sure if it's green switches. It's very clicky. Well I really needed a new kb but saw bb had the Logitech I was eyeing and I went to check it out. The Brown feels like my non mechanical keyboard. What's the point of spending 90 bux if it feels the same? I hope the feel has a better clicky feel or I might just stick with the decade old kb only two keys are worn lol

Yes I'm not sure if it's green switches. It's very clicky. Well I really needed a new kb but saw bb had the Logitech I was eyeing and I went to check it out. The Brown feels like my non mechanical keyboard. What's the point of spending 90 bux if it feels the same? I hope the feel has a better clicky feel or I might just stick with the decade old kb only two keys are worn lol

Blues are very clicky.

Just an FYI from a G710+ owner, I do not recommend the keyboard overall.
I regret not waiting for a Corsair K70 (yes, even with its flaws) or a higher quality mechanical board. A friend of mine gave me his old Corsair K70 in black and I enjoy this board a lot more.

How loud is the K70 (which switch-type?) compared to the G710+ ?

And what are the K70's flaws? The back-lighting failures on the non-RGB models?

My friend has the k70 (mx browns, red backlight) and he really likes it.

I like that the keys are not embedded in a trough, instead they are mounted on top of a flat surface so debris won't build up under there. Cleaning becomes easy.

It'd be nice if they'd come out with a "K75" with:

- mx browns for me + O-ring dampeners if it's too loud.
- A column of 5 macro keys to the left, and maybe a few up-top like the g710+
- 1 or 2 macro keys below the spacebar, for the left thumb. Some keyboards have this.
- A full set of media / internet convenience keys
- Simple low-bloat software (Razer's LED control is much simpler, I'm told)
- $130 or less. Lose the RGB if that's what it takes...

i doubt that will ever happen...most of the newer keyboards coming out are all priced at 150 and above...

Can anyone comment on the blue 710?

I cannot comment on this specific board but I can say that if you work around other people or use VOIP you should avoid blues. The extra noise is just going to bother other people even if it doesn't bother you.

That is the whole point of cherry browns to give you some of the tactile feel of a blue without as much noise.

Back