Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard $49.99 @Amazon

cageymaru

Fully [H]
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I am a huge fan of browns, they have the tactile bump of blues without the (to me) annoying click. Of course, they'll still be loud if you bottom out the keys, but if you have a hard time noticing the bump and stopping you can always do an o-ring mod to avoid loud bottoming out.

Blacks, like browns, are silent, but they have no "bump" to tell you where the actuation point is (where the click and bump is on your blues) so you have to just know it by muscle memory. If I remember right blacks also have higher spring pressure than browns and reds -- closer to blues. Browns and reds are going to feel softer compared with blacks and blues. Reds are like blacks (no bump, no click), just softer.

In the end it's really all about your personal preference and how you'll be using the board. Doing a lot of typing along with gaming? I'd stick with browns or blues, something with a "bump" to help avoid bottoming out when typing quickly. Almost all gaming, the field opens up quite a bit.

Personally I don't like the look of that Logitech at all and would rather get the Corsair K70 certified refurb they have right now with MX Browns for $75.

If red backlight isn't good enough for you you can even get the K95 RGB for $90. Considering this is normally a nearly $200 board and a year or two ago a single color backlit mechanical board was running near $200 and now you can set each key's lighting color individually, I'd say that's pretty awesome.

I have a K65 RGB and love the look and feel of the board itself, and the customizable backlighting per key is really neat. Sadly the K65 (tenkeyless) is only available with MX Reds, so I still end up using my Leopold TKL with MX Browns a lot. ;)

Last edited:
I own this keyboad and my keys have broke. Logitech has been horrible and been trying to get a replacement for the past 6 months. They keep emailing me after I submit RMA about if I'm still having issue please respond. I've responded to every email and I about to respond again. Well I ended up getting replacement keys from WASD. Because Logitech hasn't been any help.

Both CTRL Keys..Which I don't use as much and my Page Up.

2015_05_05_16_36_14_ProShot.jpg

^^^^

I knew I'd heard something bad about that Logitech board! The keycaps on their mechanical boards are badly made and the stems tend to snap -- another reason to consider the Corsair.

Granted, I've heard stories about the backlight going out on the Corsair boards, so... nothing's safe, I guess? Better buy a Ducky or HHKB. ;)

Honestly though, I've only had my Corsair board for a couple weeks but I'm completely happy with it so far.

Dead already? Showing $103.88 :( ** Now showing $64.99** ;/

I have the G710+ in brown and its great. My son is dying for one now (he currently has a FUNC w/ reds). Would be a good XMas gift.

Dead already? Showing $103.88 :(

I have the G710+ in brown and its great. My son is dying for one now (he currently has a FUNC w/ reds). Would be a good XMas gift.

Tons of better options out there -- check out the Corsairs I linked.

That said, deal seems to be dead for the browns variant, but with blues it's still live.

Ill keep a lookout. If I can find a good deal this weekend on a Corsair w/ browns, I might bite and give him my keyboard. So far its been great though with no issues. It is my first mech. keyboard so I have nothing else to compare it to other than my sons Func w/ reds which I do not like at all.

Ill keep a lookout. If I can find a good deal this weekend on a Corsair w/ browns, I might bite and give him my keyboard. So far its been great though with no issues. It is my first mech. keyboard so I have nothing else to compare it to other than my sons Func w/ reds which I do not like at all.

Doubt you're going to see better than the K70 with browns for $75 certified refurb.

Just to chime in with the opposite I've had three 710+ and still using one - sold others with my systems as I upgraded or changed.

Zero issues and favorite keyboard so far , software is much , much better than corsairs to me.

If you look at reviews on both you'll find most like each with a few with problems but it seems not many at all are a fan of corsairs software even in most positive reviews.

Again personal experience , just was saying the 710+ is an awesome keyboard to me and my friends who bough my systems bought more of the same 710+ for their kids gaming rigs.

Zero issues in over a year with any of them even the kids rigs.

Best Buy has a deal on all the Logitech gaming line including this and the 502 mouse.

I own this keyboad and my keys have broke. Logitech has been horrible and been trying to get a replacement for the past 6 months. They keep emailing me after I submit RMA about if I'm still having issue please respond. I've responded to every email and I about to respond again. Well I ended up getting replacement keys from WASD. Because Logitech hasn't been any help.

Both CTRL Keys..Which I don't use as much and my Page Up.

2015_05_05_16_36_14_ProShot.jpg
Such a shame. I started buying and recommending Logitech because of their awesome service. Oh how the mighty have fallen

Bestbuy is also having a deal on all Logitech KB and mice.

G710 Blue for $50
G710+Brown for $65
G910 for $90

I have the blue and they are definitely loud. Also have the 910 and it is brown similar to the G710+ and I really like it. Wife stole it but I am debating get a 2nd one now at this price, I got it 4-5 months ago when it was on sale for $130ish.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...t=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

I have the G710+ (brown) and love it. One of the best gaming keyboards on the market.

G710 Blue for $50
G710+Brown for $65
G910 for $90

I have the blue and they are definitely loud. Also have the 910 and it is brown similar to the G710+ and I really like it. Wife stole it but I am debating get a 2nd one now at this price, I got it 4-5 months ago when it was on sale for $130ish.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...t=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

One can hope that the sale on the G910 might be because the inevitable (but not yet announced) G910+ is coming out soon-ish. =/

Personally I'd take the Azio since it's not ugly and I don't care about macros. If you're deep in to the "Logitech ecosystem" or really care about macro programming, the G710 would obviously be the better choice.

I'm a Logitech fan. The G710 I'm so disappointed in and even customer service. To be honest this is the first time Logitech hasn't come through like they have done in the past.

I have 3 computers they all have Logitech keyboards and mice. My main machine has Z5500, C920, G700's, G27, and G930..

Would have been in for a $50 Brown but it looks like both deals are dead.

Awesome keyboard, bought mine from Frys Electronics 4 months ago and it's been holding out just fine. Taken a lot of abuse from me! I've always had good luck with Logitech, back in the days they've always taken care of any defects or warranty work.

G710 Blue for $50
G710+Brown for $65
G910 for $90

Thank you! I have a G710+, and I really like it, but I miss the barebones Rosewill MX Blue keyboard I had. I actually still keep it plugged in behind my keyboard to grab for any instance when I need to do heavy typing. I really like blues. Ordered the regular 710, I'll be super happy to have it.

Great keyboard. I've got the one with MX Blues. After installing O rings its a dream to type on, and still fine for games.

Back