Logitech G604 for $39.99 at Amazon and Best Buy

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
Logitech G604 is down to $39.99 again. I have a few of these mice and really like them. I use them for desktop and gaming use.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/logite...dpi-hero-sensor-black/6372599.p?skuId=6372599
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-LIGHTSPEED-programmable-connectivity-hyper-fast/dp/B07QN369XX

1669544319429.png

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm seeing reviews about the mouse registering double clicks after a couple months, can you talk about that? I need to replace my G500 as I worn it all out, and this looks like a good replacement.

I'm seeing reviews about the mouse registering double clicks after a couple months, can you talk about that? I need to replace my G500 as I worn it all out, and this looks like a good replacement.
I had that happen on the first one I bought when it was released. The replacement has been working fine for the past 1-2 years now, and the second one I bought has been working fine for the past year.

That’s pretty much any mouse nowadays, some are supposedly better than others and some allow you to swap out the switches but it’s pretty much par for the course for something mechanical getting switched literally tens of thousands of times.

It’s annoying but Logitech is pretty good about replacing them within warranty, after that treat them like disposable goods.

My G903 lasted 4 years and recently started failing with leftclick not holding (annoying for charge up weapons), it’s out of warranty but I did have a G900 on my wife’s PC that failed during warranty and they upgraded it to G903 for free, so I count that as a wash.

Personally saw and wanted the G502 X Plus that just released but of course it’s the one mouse that isn’t heavily discounted, like 10% or so max with Zip or Bestbuy sale pricing. Mainly missing the Powerplay feature of the Logitech mice with my mouse mat, cable charging is tedious even if it’s only once every few days.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Ended up giving this mouse to my son, who insists it's an amazing mouse because of all the extra buttons he can bind.

I liked it, wireless was nice. Bought a 4 pack of rechargeable AA's and a charger. So battery issue will never be a problem.
Logitech GHUB app is fairly accurate when telling you battery is getting low. Takes 20 seconds to swap out for a new one.

Also to mention this has the hyperscroll feature too, which is a must for me on all mice I use. Ultimately, I'm back using my G502 as I game just so much better on it.

$40 is a solid price.

I had the mouse for a couple of years now, no issues with double clicks. I do get time to time issues with the middle click not registering, might be not pressing on top directly tho.
Only thing I don't like about the mouse is the rubber top.
I like I can easily switch between BT and the WIFi dongle from the top button if I'm using another device at the same time, shame it's not a 3-way like newer mice.
Nice being able to use AA batteries, and I use rechargeables.

Paid ATM 70usd on sale from 100 on Amazon, 40usd a nice deal, but F Amazon! I'm taking my business back to Newegg. Might pay a little more but their CS isn't woke.

Last edited:
Great mouse, been using it for quite awhile now. Decent replacement for the G700.

I had the mouse for a couple of years now, no issues with double clicks. I do get time to time issues with the middle click not registering, might be not pressing on top directly tho.
Only thing I don't like about the mouse is the rubber top.
I like I can easily switch between BT and the WIFi dongle from the top button if I'm using another device at the same time, shame it's not a 3-way like newer mice.
Nice being able to use AA batteries, and I use rechargeables.

Paid ATM 70usd on sale from 100 on Amazon, 40usd a nice deal, but F Amazon! I'm taking my business back to Newegg. Might pay a little more but their CS isn't woke.
I have never had a Logitech mouse make it more than a year without double clicking. What I do now is buy another one and put the old one back in the box and return it as defective so it goes back to Logitech. I am sick of companies that cant make reliable products and I should not have to keep wasting my money.

I have never had a Logitech mouse make it more than a year without double clicking. What I do now is buy another one and put the old one back in the box and return it as defective so it goes back to Logitech. I am sick of companies that cant make reliable products and I should not have to keep wasting my money.
They always replace them for free for me. I just ask, no need to be sneaky.

The g502 has optical switches so that won't happen. It's what they will put in all their future high end models.

The g502 has optical switches so that won't happen. It's what they will put in all their future high end models.
Yes the new version does but the G502 is just a little too big for me but hopefully they will revise the G305 at some point with those. I like the Razer Viper Mini but I need wireless and for some reason they refuse to make one even though it would be quite popular.

Outside of warranty? The last time I had double click issues even within warranty it was a huge PITA, I had to go to some click registering website and record a video and upload it to YouTube I believe. They did end up replacing the mouse but certainly more effort than just asking.

Outside of warranty? The last time I had double click issues even within warranty it was a huge PITA, I had to go to some click registering website and record a video and upload it to YouTube I believe. They did end up replacing the mouse but certainly more effort than just asking.
I can't recall ever having an issue with Logitech's RMA service. Either call or email and explain the issue and give them the serial number of the device and they send a replacement.
I only had to send in the defective device a few times, a Performance MX Mouse, the OG G15 for the paint issue with the keys, and a G910.
All of the other keyboards and mice they replaced they just told me to dispose of the defective ones myself.

One day I'll get around to fixing the 5 defective mice I have here, the G700, 3 G602's and a G604.
Oh, and they used to have 3 year warranty on their higher tier items but now it's 2 years.
IMG_1924.JPEG

I can't recall ever having an issue with Logitech's RMA service. Either call or email and explain the issue and give them the serial number of the device and they send a replacement.
I only had to send in the defective device a few times, a Performance MX Mouse, the OG G15 for the paint issue with the keys, and a G910.
All of the other keyboards and mice they replaced they just told me to dispose of the defective ones myself.

One day I'll get around to fixing the 5 defective mice I have here, the G700, 3 G602's and a G604.
Oh, and they used to have 3 year warranty on their higher tier items but now it's 2 years.
View attachment 530200
I haven’t either, as long as the product was within warranty. I just want clarification so I’m not wasting my time or the CS reps time if they’re just going to tell me what I already know, it’s out of warranty. The other poster sounded as if it was just a courtesy they would do regardless of warranty status.

But yeah I’ve literally worn the feet off of some of my older Logitech mice or gotten stuff replaced back when they had a 5 year warranty, but that was for their older stuff like MX700, G7, G9, G700, G15 etc that were built like tanks but that all changed a few years ago when they went to omron switches and those thin plastic buttons that rested open ended on the switches. I just buy them on heavy discount now and treat them like disposable devices once they’re outside of warranty. Given how much Logitech has shortened the warranty over the years I’m guessing they have a pretty good idea of when these things start to fail as well.

Maybe these new optical switches are more durable but I’m certainly not in a hurry to pay $150 or so just to have to deal with similar failure issues I’ve seen on the last few gens of mice.

Last edited:
I've never tried outside of warrenty. It's always been painless for me. Back a long time ago I would call in and they would just say ok and send me a new one without having to send the old ones. Then I would fix the the broken mice by bending the metal back on the switches. They've since changed it to where you fill some stuff out online or email them and that has been quick and painless too. They sent me a new keyboard when some of the LEDs died.

I doubt there will be any problems with the optical switches because the mechanical failure point isn't there anymore, but who knows, they haven't been around that long. And yeah, it's very expensive.
I'll probably end up with a new mouse in 3 years anyways because I'm like that.

I haven’t either, as long as the product was within warranty. I just want clarification so I’m not wasting my time or the CS reps time if they’re just going to tell me what I already know, it’s out of warranty. The other poster sounded as if it was just a courtesy they would do regardless of warranty status.

But yeah I’ve literally worn the feet off of some of my older Logitech mice or gotten stuff replaced back when they had a 5 year warranty, but that was for their older stuff like MX700, G7, G9, G700, G15 etc that were built like tanks but that all changed a few years ago when they went to omron switches and those thin plastic buttons that rested open ended on the switches. I just buy them on heavy discount now and treat them like disposable devices once they’re outside of warranty. Given how much Logitech has shortened the warranty over the years I’m guessing they have a pretty good idea of when these things start to fail as well.

Maybe these new optical switches are more durable but I’m certainly not in a hurry to pay $150 or so just to have to deal with similar failure issues I’ve seen on the last few gens of mice.

I've never tried outside of warrenty. It's always been painless for me. Back a long time ago I would call in and they would just say ok and send me a new one without having to send the old ones. Then I would fix the the broken mice by bending the metal back on the switches. They've since changed it to where you fill some stuff out online or email them and that has been quick and painless too. They sent me a new keyboard when some of the LEDs died.

I doubt there will be any problems with the optical switches because the mechanical failure point isn't there anymore, but who knows, they haven't been around that long. And yeah, it's very expensive.
I'll probably end up with a new mouse in 3 years anyways because I'm like that.

I did inquire about my MX Revolution that was 1-2 years out of warranty just to see what would happen and they said that they couldn't do a replacement since it was out of warranty, but they did offer me 50% off any mouse, so I bought the Performance MX for $50.
Customer service like that goes a long way and I have bought Logitech Mice and Keyboards ever since.

Owned a MX and VX Revolution, 2 G700, and the G604. Only double click I had was on the VX, never bothered with the warranty, just gave it away.

Logitech shits gold when it came to customer service for me. My 1st G700 had the latch on the battery door break off, so I visited their website to see if I could order a new door but they don't sell them, just other parts for the mouse which was strange. I asked their CS department if it was possible to just buy the door, but they couldn't, so they sent me a new G700. IIRC it was still selling for 100usd and they said to keep the old mouse. That right there is excellent CS!

I wonder if it might be possible to swap out the switches in my G604 for opticals. :sneaky:
I did inquire about my MX Revolution that was 1-2 years out of warranty just to see what would happen and they said that they couldn't do a replacement since it was out of warranty, but they did offer me 50% off any mouse, so I bought the Performance MX for $50.
Customer service like that goes a long way and I have bought Logitech Mice and Keyboards ever since.
Shh, if Amazon hears you, they might restrict your account because your selling reviews for compensation. lol

Great mouse, been using it for quite awhile now. Decent replacement for the G700.
I miss the 3 index buttons which I mapped to volume up/mute/down, the whole plastic body, and the grip strip on the wheel.
The G604's magnetic door is a huge improvement because the G700's door latch had an issue of breaking off.

I miss the 3 index buttons which I mapped to volume up/mute/down, the whole plastic body, and the grip strip on the wheel.
The G604's magnetic door is a huge improvement because the G700's door latch had an issue of breaking off.
Oh, I didn't even realize it was a magnetic door, I just thought I was lining it up with clips perfectly when I was closing it, lol.

I had two that ended up in the trash because of this.

I love the feel and ergonomics of the mouse, and even better for using AA batteries (they last a year plus where I replace AAA batteries in other mice every few months), but their buttons just can't handle the beating.

That G-Hub thing is the worst piece of software I've ever had on any PC. It killed Logitech for me. I'll never guy them again.

If you have big hands at all I wouldn't recommend these mice. I can't stand the buttons on the side my fat ass thumbs rub against them constantly. I've got some mitts on me though (or at least that's what i'm told, my coworker always jokes about it).

I had two that ended up in the trash because of this.

I love the feel and ergonomics of the mouse, and even better for using AA batteries (they last a year plus where I replace AAA batteries in other mice every few months), but their buttons just can't handle the beating.
You could always mail them to me, I'll fix them, no problem at all. ;)

You could always mail them to me, I'll fix them, no problem at all. ;)
I think this one requires you to take the entire mouse completely apart to get to the switches.
would you replace the switches or re-tension the spring?

I hear about double click issues all of the time, but I've had a G903 SE for 4 years now as my daily driver still good. I did however, buy an MX keys keyboard a month ago and the damn enter key is sticking all of the time.

G502 X Plus is back in stock at Newegg with a $20 promo, or $24 off if you want to mess with Affirm 15% off. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it. We'll see if the new hybrid optical switches are any more durable than previous mechanical Omron switches. The build quality on the G502 X Plus is awesome though, same claw design as the original but with various improvements and fewer "rough edges". Also get USB-C connectivity which isn't as big a deal on Logitech mice if you have the PowerPlay mat, but its still nice to see they are FINALLY putting USB-C on all their new peripherals while the competition from Corsair, Steelseries, Razer etc. have been doing so for years.

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16826197558?Item=N82E16826197558

G502 X Plus is back in stock at Newegg with a $20 promo, or $24 off if you want to mess with Affirm 15% off. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it. We'll see if the new hybrid optical switches are any more durable than previous mechanical Omron switches. The build quality on the G502 X Plus is awesome though, same claw design as the original but with various improvements and fewer "rough edges". Also get USB-C connectivity which isn't as big a deal on Logitech mice if you have the PowerPlay mat, but its still nice to see they are FINALLY putting USB-C on all their new peripherals while the competition from Corsair, Steelseries, Razer etc. have been doing so for years.

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16826197558?Item=N82E16826197558
Already showing out of stock for me and the promo code doesn't work on the G502 X Lightspeed (non-RGB blinged) version sadly!

Back