Logitech G602 - Wireless Gaming Mouse - $54.99 w/FS

Almost pulled the trigger on this, it looks like it has a lot of improvements over my G700, but there were some downgrades that made it a deal-breaker for me.

1) Doesn't seem as if it's rechargeable?
2) No mouse-wheel side scroll buttons.

If it had the mouse-wheel buttons I'd probably take a shot at it as it seems to have a much better thumb button area than the G700.

The mouse works for 250 hours in performance mode and 1440 hours in energy saver (lower polling rate, etc). I'm just going to use eneloops in it and recharge them myself when needed.

No mouse-wheel side scroll buttons is a letdown, but the thumb buttons more than make up for it for me. I'm coming from a G9.

I have a G700 and something tells me that having even more buttons on the left would be overwhelming in a faster paced game. While more buttons are a good thing, I'd love to see them laid out a little better. Maybe some stuff on the right for once?

Does the wheel click as you scroll or is it one of those continuous-scroll abominations?

Does the wheel click as you scroll or is it one of those continuous-scroll abominations?

Good question. With most of the other Logitech mice they have a toggle switch right below the wheel. With this mouse, that's a "game mode" switch instead.
I'd probably look for a Microcenter or Best Buy with one on the shelf before taking this plunge.

Good question. With most of the other Logitech mice they have a toggle switch right below the wheel. With this mouse, that's a "game mode" switch instead.
I'd probably look for a Microcenter or Best Buy with one on the shelf before taking this plunge.

no continuous scroll on this mouse thank god

Yeah if it had a left right scroll click it would be perfect...reading reviews on the G600 some people love it some hate it.....it's 44.00 on amazon now for the black version.

But this mouse looks more attractive if only it had left and right scroll like the G500 and G700.

I like the side button placement on this thing not in the way so you won't be casting spells in the middle of nowhere.

Great mouse. I bought one at Microcenter a week ago to replace my aging MX Revolution.

Got it today. I can't tell the difference between my G700 and G602 in performance (1000hz vs 500hz). I even left it in endurance mode. And with way more battery life and not having to recharge every night, this is better than G700 to me.

I was really considering this mouse when I saw it a month ago, but my MX1000 had finally bit the dust (RIP best mouse ever:(:() so I bought the G700s on sale @ BB for $74...I hated it at first, and actually ended up having an issue with so I exchanged it for another one and have grown to like it..The battery life is INSANELY short, even with the polling rate turned down and set to max battery in the Logitech SW, but I guess it is what it is..

I was hoping that BB had this G602 in stock since I am within the 30 day return and was going to test drive it but their website doesn't show it...

The fact that it doesn't have left/right scroll click on the wheel is what has me considering it. The wheels with only two degrees of freedom require much less force to click than the ones that have 3.

Just got the G602 and I have to say, the layout is perfect and it feels nice (control and the actual mouse itself). The first 4 buttons on the side are layed out the same as on my G700 with 2 additional buttons behind them and the 2 DPI buttons are just enough, even the default layout is better thought through then the G700 with the top three side buttons being 1, 2 and 3 and the bottom being forward, back and battery check. I didn't know how dissatisfied I was with the hard plastic feel of the G700 until I put my hands on the G602.

Says $59 for me as of 2:40 pm central time.

[Edit] They price matched the earlier price. I swore off buying from newegg after the [H] row with them and they added this whole verification thing when I paid with my credit card asking for the last 4 of my SS# with no indication taht you could not complete that portion and your order would still go through. I forgot about that last bit, and now remember why I won't order from newegg anymore after this. It seeks to deliberately mislead consumers into disclosing more personal information than is necessary, and that's BS.

[Edit 2] I received mine today. Holy crap, this mouse is so comfortable! Thanks OP!

Last edited:
Back