Logitech G600 MMO Mouse -$34.99

The G600 is the mouse that I've used for a while now. I like the design overall. It's basically the modern evolution of the Logitech Wingman mouse from the late 90's. The defining characteristic being 3 real mouse-buttons, including an actual ring-finger mouse button (as opposed to a tiny side button or trying to use the mouse-wheel as the middle-button).

wingman.jpg

This is great for those of us like me who use a claw-grip, where the palm of your hand almost never actually touches the top of the mouse. A claw-grip simply works better with 3 real mouse buttons (distributes the weight more evenly), leaving your thumb and pinky finger to grip the sides.

All of the side buttons are overkill IMO. I only find about 2-3 of the small side buttons on the bottom/rear of the mouse to be usable without trying to stretch or tweak my thumb in an unnatural way, but maybe if you have bigger thumbs you will have better results with that. Either way, I don't really need more than 2-3, so whatever.

The unfortunate downside is that these mice seem to suffer from some quality-control issues, and it seems to be getting worse over time. After a while, the mouse buttons will begin to develop issues such as double-clicking when you only intend to single-click, or simply start to feel mushy - losing the defined "click" each time you click a button. If you use your mouse a lot like I do, you'll be lucky to get a full year out of it before these issues begin to develop. The latest one that I got had another obnoxious issue where the mouse feet were literally not thick enough. The thin plastic rim surrounding the mouse feet would actually scratch on my mousepad during normal usage. I had to buy a set of 3rd-party mouse-feet on eBay and stack them on-top of the stock mouse feet in order to give it more clearance. These mice also come with metal weights inside that serve zero purpose other than to simply make the mouse feel more heavy. I'm not sure why that would be desirable. The first thing I do every time I buy a new one is to open it up and remove the metal weights.

Although I do like the design overall, buying a new mouse every year is getting very old. I've been considering trying the similar EVGA mouse: https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=904-W1-15BK-KR I'm curious if anyone here has ever had both and actually compared them during real-world usage.

The G600 is the mouse that I've used for a while now. I like the design overall. It's basically the modern evolution of the Logitech Wingman mouse from the late 90's. The defining characteristic being 3 real mouse-buttons, including an actual ring-finger mouse button (as opposed to a tiny side button or trying to use the mouse-wheel as the middle-button).

View attachment 550044

This is great for those of us like me who use a claw-grip, where the palm of your hand almost never actually touches the top of the mouse. A claw-grip simply works better with 3 real mouse buttons (distributes the weight more evenly), leaving your thumb and pinky finger to grip the sides.

All of the side buttons are overkill IMO. I only find about 2-3 of the small side buttons on the bottom/rear of the mouse to be usable without trying to stretch or tweak my thumb in an unnatural way, but maybe if you have bigger thumbs you will have better results with that. Either way, I don't really need more than 2-3, so whatever.

The unfortunate downside is that these mice seem to suffer from some quality-control issues, and it seems to be getting worse over time. After a while, the mouse buttons will begin to develop issues such as double-clicking when you only intend to single-click, or simply start to feel mushy - losing the defined "click" each time you click a button. If you use your mouse a lot like I do, you'll be lucky to get a full year out of it before these issues begin to develop. The latest one that I got had another obnoxious issue where the mouse feet were literally not thick enough. The thin plastic rim surrounding the mouse feet would actually scratch on my mousepad during normal usage. I had to buy a set of 3rd-party mouse-feet on eBay and stack them on-top of the stock mouse feet in order to give it more clearance. These mice also come with metal weights inside that serve zero purpose other than to simply make the mouse feel more heavy. I'm not sure why that would be desirable. The first thing I do every time I buy a new one is to open it up and remove the metal weights.

Although I do like the design overall, buying a new mouse every year is getting very old. I've been considering trying the similar EVGA mouse: https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=904-W1-15BK-KR I'm curious if anyone here has ever had both and actually compared them during real-world usage.
That's old school

Very comfortable mouse with great battery life, but as I've said in other threads where it has come up on sale the main button switches are trash and won't last long. I've been through 2x that I got maybe 9 months before lmb failed or double/ghost clicked regularly.

Very comfortable mouse with great battery life, but as I've said in other threads where it has come up on sale the main button switches are trash and won't last long. I've been through 2x that I got maybe 9 months before lmb failed or double/ghost clicked regularly.

The G600 that this thread is about is a Wired mouse, but it sounds like it uses the same terrible switches that you describe.

Might be bad luck of the draw too.

RTINGS - 9/10 review
How To Geek - top 5 gaming mouse of 2023
PC World - 4.5/5 review

With 6 mostly broken G600 mice sitting in my spare parts bin, I think that it's not so much a matter of "luck" at this point. The mice work great when they are brand new... That's not in dispute. I highly doubt that any of those reviewers are subjecting their mice to heavy usage for 9+ months before giving them a rating. The issue is that the switches wear out way faster than they should. I still have my 20-year-old Logitech MX310 that lasted me through years of LANparties, still fully functional on my work bench. My even older first-gen intellimouse explorer that was also used for years still works fine. There is no excuse to have switches failing after only 9-12 months.

Last edited:
With 6 mostly broken G600 mice sitting in my spare parts bin, I think that it's not so much a matter of "luck" at this point. The mice work great when they are brand new... That's not in dispute. I highly doubt that any of those reviewers are subjecting their mice to heavy usage for 9+ months before giving them a rating. The issue is that the switches wear out way faster than they should. I still have my 20-year-old Logitech MX310 that lasted me through years of LANparties, still fully functional on my work bench. My even older first-gen intellimouse explorer that was also used for years still works fine. There is no excuse to have switches failing after only 9-12 months.
it must have been doing something right if you the mouse six times.. 0_o

The G600 that this thread is about is a Wired mouse, but it sounds like it uses the same terrible switches that you describe.
Ah, got me. I saw g602 in the op and got lost, but yeah, same lineage with the g600 switches. Just not durable at all.

it must have been doing something right if you the mouse six times.. 0_o

Like I mentioned in my earlier post, I have a strong preference for certain types of mice (real ring-finger button), and they aren't really that common. Lucky for Logitech I guess. Prior to that I used a Creative Fatal1ty 2020 Mouse, and I was able to get at least a few years out of each one. But they don't make them anymore and the G600 was the closest thing I could find.

fatal1ty.jpg

I have a G600, I got it when I had injured my left hand and could no longer play any games without use of my left hand for WASD. I reassigned some thumb buttons for WASD plus the other keyboard needs (space, shift) and I was able to play a little.... poorly, FPS games would have been out of the question... but I did play Outer Worlds and it was good enough to maneuver around.

But as soon as my hand was better it went into a desk drawer and haven't touched it since. It's a girthy beast, and I prefer smaller profile mice normally.

Yeah these are basically disposable mice and part of the reason they are so cheap, so people just keep replacing them instead of getting upset or bothering with warranty replacement. My wife has gone through 4-5 of these over the years for her MMOs and she finally ended up getting some fancy Cyborg gaming controller. She really liked the G600s while they worked though. Buttons were a little spongy for my liking and I’ve been cordless for a long time so no go for me.

I’ve gone through a decent number of higher end Logitech mice and a few have failed with the double click or drag issue. Most have been within warranty and I’ve gotten them replaced for free. I bit on the G502 X Plus recently with the hopes the hybrid optical/mechanical switches don’t have the same high fail rate as the traditional mechanical switches.

Back