Logitech G600 MMO mouse - $22.99 @ Amazon/Newegg and others.

viivo

[H]ard|Gawd
Amazon
Newegg

Not a bad price if you're looking for a mouse with a lot of assignable buttons. The build quality is excellent and, unlike the Naga, profiles with custom binds are saved to internal memory, so there's no need for bloated software to run in the background.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I only recently bought the G600 but put it away because the weight was far more than I've become used to. Today, however, I decided to change the cord to a non-braided one in hopes of alleviating the "dragged down" feeling caused by the stiff braided one. Was I surprised when I saw these weights fastened to the upper shell.

20191210_163724.jpg

Now that these are out of the way, I think I can finally use this mouse.

In for one, not for MMO, but CAD work. Wish they made a trackball version.

-Mike

I got this when it first came out to play Guild Wars 2. The mouse function just fine but the additional height started giving me tendonitis so I sadly returned it.

I've been using one of these for a while. Great mouse. Use it for WoW and for Fortnite with the kids.

I bought one about 4 years ago. It started to have a double click problem (well, more of a let go of what I was dragging and grab something else problem). Logitech replaced it and told me to dispose of the old one as I saw fit. So I gave it to my one of my sons, and he’s using it to this day.

The replacement is starting to drop things on me now, but at this price, I might just have to pick up a couple more.

The new ones of these are a lot less stiff to press than the original ones too which is nice.

I like this mouse because it is the closest thing available that is basically a continuation of the old Logitech Wingman layout, with 3 real mouse buttons (no, being able to click the scroll wheel doesn't count).

Logitech Wingman (old ball mouse):
wingman.jpg

After that I used a Creative Fatal1ty 2020 mouse for a long time:
2020mouse.jpg

Now finally the Logitech G600:
G600.jpg

I've gotten way too used to it and now I just can't stand gaming with a mouse that doesn't have a real clickable ring-finger button. I have a spare now just in case they discontinue it. I couldn't care less about all the thumb buttons; I only have one of them assigned. I agree that the mouse is better once the weights are removed. Extra weight just makes it harder to move the mouse quickly. The only purpose the weights serve IMO is that a heavy mouse might give the impression that it is high-quality whereas a light mouse might give the impression that it is cheap plastic junk.

Last edited:
Reactions: blkt
like this
Back