Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse

I usually really like Logitech mice, being a current owner of a G9x and MX518. I purchased a G600 off Amazon hoping it would satisfy my need for more mouse buttons. Unfortunately, the mouse has a defect (design intention?) that caused me to return the item after owning it for a single day.

The issue is with the G Shift key breaking right click. <snip>

Hopefully Logitech gets the issue figured out in a later revision, but since the firmware is not upgradeable, I'm not taking a chance.

I've found myself moderately annoyed by this issue, but overall I've been happy enough with the mouse that it hasn't been a dealbreaker for me.

I've gotten in the habit of only putting infrequently used binds and/or binds used when standing still in games on G-shift. Sure, it blunts one of the differentiating features of the mouse, but the build quality, side button design, and overall ergonomics are more than enough to make it worth considering over a Naga.

Been eyeing these for a while and someone sent me an Amazon gift card so I ordered the black one - should be here tomorrow and I'll test it out on GW2...

What sold me is that everyone talked about how big it is and I have huge hands (never yet met anyone with larger hands) also some people said that not using the internal memory gets rid of the movement glitches.

It's not a huge mouse or a small mouse. It's designed to be comfortable with a palm grip rather than a claw grip so that hitting the side keys doesn't make your hand/wrist cramp. The Naga, as with pretty much all Razer mice, seem to favor a claw grip.

My hands are neither huge nor tiny, and it's very comfortable for me, and I would see it being comfortable for an individual with either larger or smaller hands as well.

With sufficiently small hands, comfortably hitting all 12 side buttons without large hand movements might be tricky, but that can probably be addressed with base grip adjustments to some extent.

It is, undeniably, a wide mouse, due to the G-shift key. It takes some getting used to, especially if you're used to more normal Logitech ergonomics, but once you adjust your grip, it's a very comfortable mouse to use.

So...

Been using this thing for about 24 hours.

I'm actually very good at adapting to different devices, but this one is a challenge. As everyone has said, it's meant for palm users and I am a claw user so it's awkward.

1. I was able to make the Gshift key function like a right-click. I tried to change the normal right click but it says I need to reassign right click first (which I did). So it's like having a big ol' giant right button - not a major issue atm.

2. I've tried all sorts of things and you just can't hardly claw this thing without clicking something.

3. I've tried palming it, but palm pressure on the top center / rear makes it try to creep forward and out from under your palm.

4. The overall shape is a challenge because it's so high - I feel an unfamiliar form of discomfort if I use it much - not sure if it is the thing that would lead to tendonitis or just using my hand in a new way.

One of my key gripes with mice in general is that you have to grasp them in a way that the hand does not really enjoy doing for long periods of time. I think mice should, on the sides, sort of wrap around your hand in a way that your hand can rest in it and relax - letting you push against the sides of the mouse to move it around. Think of something just generally like a soap dish in shape - concave, not convex...

Despite all that, it's an interesting mouse and I'm fairly determined to make it work.

The key issue with it and any design like this - if you're a shooter, you'll see it immediately - but the side buttons make you pull to the side when you usually (especially in a game) need to hold your aim.

I think this mouse would be enormously improved by rotating it about 45 degrees to the right - similar to the way the Microsoft Natural Mouse is. This would mean that pushing the buttons would push the mouse more into the desk instead of off to the side and it would put the hand in a more natural position.

For claw users in particular, it needs some long term adaptation and as motivated and adaptable as I am, It's probably 50/50 at best that it will work out for me.

Last edited:
Ok, I just unassigned the Gkey (far right button) so it now does nothing.

This allows me to get a much more claw like grip on the mouse - not quite a real claw, but so much better than before.

I wonder if you guys need to update your software to do this - some reviews I saw had people saying it could not be disabled.

Edit: 9/24/12

I don't think I'll ever be able to precisely push the button I need on the mouse - my fingers are too big and it takes too much time to make sure I'm in the right place.

However, I do think that it's reasonable to use some of the buttons - probably the most forward column and the corner buttons are the easiest to find.

That said, I've been really trying to get used to the feel and button issues aside, it's just not happening. I feel like my fingers are losing some feeling and going somewhat numb - I suspect it's due to the height of the mouse and that it makes my wrist tilt a lot more than the G9 does.

Very disappointing.

Last edited:
Got it yesterday - switched from Naga. Absolutely love this mouse - much bigger and fits my hand more comfortably then Naga. I think the gliding is better too - same Vespula pad, but Logitech drives it perfectly, opposite to Naga.

Then there are the side buttons, that I've finally no problems using, as they are profiled, and your thumb moves without problems on them - can finally use 3rd and 4th row, and I had problems on Naga with that.

Also the "shift" button that suddenly gives you 12 more side buttons... of course you can also switch profiles with touch of thumb, so generally I could bind all important ToR keys to Naga, and am now using keyboard for chat, moving and nothing rest.

Have no problem with "g" key and it does not interfere with right click.

Oh, and the design is beautiful... chose white, it looks stormtrooperish, and with red gow, gives you some StarWars feel :)

All cool and nice, however, considering the fact that you are forced to rest your ring finger on the g-button, (which I find awesome) it means that I am left to use my pinky to lift the mouse off the mousepad in case I play fps games with low sensitivity. Anyone can state how comfortable is to lift the mouse? Please only people that feel that resting their ring finger on the g-shift key is comfortable help me with this question.

That's how I play, cerbul. I have no problems lifting the mouse with my pinky. That is actually the exact reason I bought the mouse. I hated stacking my ring finger on top of my pinky with my G500.

That's how I play, cerbul. I have no problems lifting the mouse with my pinky. That is actually the exact reason I bought the mouse. I hated stacking my ring finger on top of my pinky with my G500.

That is actually the exact same reason I stopped using anything that has the same shape as MX518. However, if the angle of the mouse on the right side of the mouse is not making easy to only use the pinky finger to lift the mouse off the surface, then I got a problem.

I am really happy to see more and more people understand what they need in terms of shape, and what exactly a mouse needs to have in order to be easily palm gripped, and easily lifted. We are on the correct direction in my opinion.

Anyone can state if Microsoft Sidewinder X8 skips when used by gamers that use low sensitivity?
Or I better ask, how hard is to make Sidewinder X8 skip?

I'm surprised people have been calling this a mouse for large hands, it's no larger than something like a venerable G500... In fact, it's actually a little shorter if you're a palm user! A little wider because of the extra button obviously but not any taller either. Is it just a case of claw users or people coming from other brands that are calling it large by comparison? It's not large at all IMO.

I was intrigued by it because of the third button (more so than the thumb cluster) but I actually wish it were larger. The G500 seems more comfortable, though I didn't get a good feel for G600 thru the packaging cutout. I like that third shift button for comfort and functionality reasons but the complaints about it above are a little worrisome too...

Would using it as a dpi switch or talk button interfere with left and right button presses? I imagine in most cases it won't but still, there's games where you have to hold the right mouse button to move the camera or hold a scope, from what was stated above the Shift button would mess with that (at least with the default bind). How easy is it to hit those buttons behind the wheel with the middle of your finger btw?

Last edited:
I read thru the two Logitech forum threads linked above to see if anyone mentioned whether using the shift button as a DPI switcher would also cause LMB and RMB to disengage while held down but didn't see anyone speak to that specific scenario... Did see the workaround of just binding it to standard Shift (as in the keyboard key) but I'm curious whether dpi or other binds would work as well. Did read about a more obscure bug that I'm not even sure I understand... Sounds like a user or software/binding error tho.

very interesting. another part of this same bug is that somehow the DPI shift function is also tied into the G shift function. (not sure if it's even intentional. but the assigned shift DPI shift value is applied when G shift assigned button is pressed ) so... when i hit G shift, the DPI of the mouse is also changed. the problem is with this bug, the DPI stays at the shifted value (200 dpi instead of my normal 3000dpi) and the only way to fix it is to hit my "default DPI" button to bring it out of the shifted value. there is no doubt that LGS still need work. however i'm not entirely sure if this is a software or a firmware problem. eventually they should just make a mouse that takes microSD and allow us to save macros right into the mouse instead of relying on the software driver.

I'm surprised people have been calling this a mouse for large hands, it's no larger than something like a venerable G500... In fact, it's actually a little shorter if you're a palm user! A little wider because of the extra button obviously but not any taller either. Is it just a case of claw users or people coming from other brands that are calling it large by comparison? It's not large at all IMO.

I was intrigued by it because of the third button (more so than the thumb cluster) but I actually wish it were larger. The G500 seems more comfortable, though I didn't get a good feel for G600 thru the packaging cutout. I like that third shift button for comfort and functionality reasons but the complaints about it above are a little worrisome too...

Would using it as a dpi switch or talk button interfere with left and right button presses? I imagine in most cases it won't but still, there's games where you have to hold the right mouse button to move the camera or hold a scope, from what was stated above the Shift button would mess with that (at least with the default bind). How easy is it to hit those buttons behind the wheel with the middle of your finger btw?

I am sorry for not putting the facts into words precise enough, however there are so many mice that have some parts extremely huge, yet they are having some other parts smaller, obviously depending on what type of grip you are using, in which situation the mouse becomes useless for big hands/palm grip users.

I am assuming from the start that people that search for large mice are the people that either have enourmous hands, or the people that look for a comfortable palm grip.
What is extremely disappointing, is that a large mouse means also a wide mouse, and almost all mice out there aren't wide enough to not feel like you grab a pencil instead of a mouse when you try to have a good enough grip to lift the mouse in air. I can give quite a few examples of mice that are tall and long, yet they are too long to be comfortably palm gripped. I don't know what is happening in the mice area, but seems that most companies create mice for young people, and they forget completely about the ex- gamers, that still have a desire for a nice and comfortable mouse..

To give a few examples:
- a mouse that has a long tail, yet you cab't palm it due to being too thin
- a mouse that is taller then you can palm, yet the middle of the mouse is so thin, that you feel like using a pencil
- a mouse that is having a perfectly curved back for a palm grip, yet it doesn't have enough space for fingers?
- a mouse that is having a good shape for gaming and for fingers to rest, yet the position itself it doesn;t offer enough grip for lifting?
and the list of fail mice can continue..

I mean seriously, I really hope that everyone will get one day enough information about this aspect, so that the companies stop selling us what they want, and people actually become aware of what is best for them.

EDIT: Btw, I can't make Microsoft Sidewinder X8 skip.. however, it not as big and comfortable as X5.. :<

Last edited:
The price would be sky high... Keyboards with nothing but topre switches already go for 300+ dollars... And this can never happen since Logitech has to make products that has to sell.

Wouldn't mind a logitech with cherry MX's though.
Why, you do know that mice already use mechanical switches, except the travel distance is alot smaller and the switches are alot flatter. There is no reason to depress so far as keyboard switches.

This new mouse is cute but i'm waiting for something to replace my G9 to which i love the shape, short, wide, not that tall is perfect for my finger tips only sorta grip.

This new mouse is cute but i'm waiting for something to replace my G9 to which i love the shape, short, wide, not that tall is perfect for my finger tips only sorta grip.

I actually just replaced my 5 year old G9 with this mouse. The first few days my hand cramped a little bit after prolonged usage because your palm rests a bit higher than with the G9. However, now that I have gotten past that, there is no way I would go back to the G9. Even though the device software side still seems to be a bit buggy at times (it has crashed a few times), the G600 has been an overall great upgrade from the G9.

Back