Logitech G5 Problems?

Ub3rn00b

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been using my logitech G5 for several months. Just recently, I'll be in the middle of using it, and it'll freeze up for about a second, then it'll restart, but the DPI will be back to default (middle..whereas I use the higher setting). This is not a "sleep mode" or anything like that. This freezing will happen while I'm moving the mouse. On web pages, during games, etc. Sometimes it happens once per day. Othertimes it happens over and over again in a few minutes. I plugged in my G7 and I haven't seen the problems. Do you think it's the mouse or some problem in windows? Processes running in the background or anything like that possibly?
I'm not using the logitech setpoint software and I won't be any time soon. Messes with my mojo. I like the G7 since it's wireless, it just feels a little heavy for me. So I like the
G7 without any weights.

I had a buddy that had 2 mice that started like that outta the box, he had to keep returning to bestbuy to get one that finally worked.

Kind of a longshot, but take notice of the time at which these hangups occur, then right-click on 'My Computer' then go to 'Manage' then go to ' Performance Logs and Alerts' and see if there were any flags raised at those points in time and if there are, that could give you a clue as to where the fault is originating.

Back