Logitech G5 'Dented box' 33 shipped or 2 for 54.

Thank you for ordering from Logitech United States on 03/20/09 20:26:36. Please use this e-mail as your proof of purchase. Your credit card statement will show DRI*Logitech.

Orders are subject to order processing times. In stock orders will typically ship within 3 business days. Items may be shipped from a variety of carriers, including UPS and FedEx. After a product has shipped, the order cannot be canceled, however we do offer a 30-day money back guarantee on all our products. You will receive an e-mail when your product has shipped.

Order Date: Mar 20, 2009 8:26:36 PM

When I searched their website I got this;

Order Date: 03/20/09 20:26:36
Order Status: Order in Process

Same here.

Mine has not shipped yet. WTF. We borked their system royally it seems and now they've run out.

They have people working day and night denting new boxes to meet demand. :D

Just send me new ones and I'll dent the boxes.

Makes you wonder why Logitech doesn't just put the mice into new boxes. The mice are supposed to be in pristine condition, right?

Just send me new ones and I'll dent the boxes.

Makes you wonder why Logitech doesn't just put the mice into new boxes. The mice are supposed to be in pristine condition, right?

because technically it would no longer be a new product it would a refurbished product and I believe it would be illegal / false advertising to sell a returned device as a new device.

I didn't get a chance to read the whole thread full of replies, but something tells me this is a refurbished/returned item. Just a thought.

I didn't get a chance to read the whole thread full of replies, but something tells me this is a refurbished/returned item. Just a thought.

I don't think so. There was no mention of returned or refurbished. Part of the description mentioned full warranty and other stuff. I wouldn't have ordered any if it specifically said they were returned or refurbished. I was under the impression that the mice themselves were in brand new condition.

The website clearly stated the product was new and was coverered by the regular warranty that they are covered under just that the boxes were dented. Its hard for an online company to sell dented boxes w/o giving discounts.....

No what I meant was the very act of putting it in a new box may cause it to be reclassified as a refurb.. hence they are doing a dented box special instead.

edit: fixed quote

Thank you for your purchase. We are pleased to notify you that your product(s) has shipped. Allow 3-6 business days for standard shipping.

I bet they got hammered, I saw this deal on a lot of sites. Probably just working through processing them.

and yes, they were Brand New, just dented boxes. I have actually worked for companies that have done the same, usually they are refusals from retailers where a shipment had dented/broken packaging and thus the retailer does not want to display it on the shelves. The product itself is usually perfect, just the visual aspect of the packaging is not.

Logitech is really mis-handeling this situation.

Just spoke with a CSR who 'informed' me of a pricing issue with this item and how they are working through it and it should be released in a week.
Yes, a week.

That means from the day I ordered it until the day they ship it will be 2 weeks.

Comeon now. We all know whats going on. Once again a company underestimated the power of the intarwebs and got hammered on an offer.

Their system did not have the ability to cut off ordered after they ran out of dented boxes. They now have to start either filling orders with pristine boxes or cancel orders.

Logitech you will be going the way of Creative and their overpriced soundcards if you keep this up.

FAIL

Who really cares if you have to wait a week more. You got a item on the cheap, be happy if you even get it

My issue is that if they are going to hold me up than I can jump on the deal for the G9 instead.

It's the not knowing part that is not cool.

You got a item on the cheap, be happy if you even get it

This is the kind of attitude the causes business to go out of business.

I have to agree with him. If you got 2 for 54 just sit tight. When you get such an amazing deal on a item which is sort after or at least very popular its best to give it some time to see if it actually pans out. Calling in and causing ruckus can kill these deals and get orders canceled. Don't light the pitch forks just yet.

I have to agree with him. If you got 2 for 54 just sit tight. When you get such an amazing deal on a item which is sort after or at least very popular its best to give it some time to see if it actually pans out. Calling in and causing ruckus can kill these deals and get orders canceled. Don't light the pitch forks just yet.

Thats why I'm keeping my mouth shut for the time being.

I think logitech might be backed up right now or something. No shipping info yet on the G5 deal, and I am doing an RMA on a G7 right now and have yet to hear anything (called in last week about it and faxed my stuff in right away).

Anyone else get theirs? Mine arrived today out of the blue. I didn't even get an email update. Also no dents and the package looks new so they might have received a lot of orders and filled some with new ones. I'm throwing them in the closet until I need them so I hope there is nothing wrong with them. Thanks for posting this OP as I saw this deal no where else.

Mine came today out of the blue as well. No shipping notifcation, and the website says my order is still in process. What's even crazier is that I called Logitech's billing department yesterday and asked about the status. The guy said nothing about it having already shipped. He said the usual stuff about not being able to give an ETA, and he basically said the orders would go out as they had enough product to fulfill orders.

No dents or damage that I can see. The packing slip doesn't even mention "dented box" or anything out of the ordinary.

Thumbs up for Logitech!

Now to convince them to update the MX Elite keyboard.

Got mine today at the same time I got the stuff i ordered from new egg. was quite a suprise. Mine also were NOT dented in any way. they are brand spanking new.

Got mine today at the same time I got the stuff i ordered from new egg. was quite a suprise. Mine also were NOT dented in any way. they are brand spanking new.

man I wish I had jumped on this :( Guess I'll settle for a G9 when I have some spare funds.

Have not gotten anything yet, still "in process".

No rush, just hope I get it eventually.

O, and Logitech is nothing like creative. Logitech actually supports their products ;)

got mine today :D

ps ordered when it was oos

:( I ordered when it was in stock and still have not gotten mine.

Hopefully it is in transit...even though I have not gotten any shipment info.

:( I ordered when it was in stock and still have not gotten mine.

Hopefully it is in transit...even though I have not gotten any shipment info.

I didn't get any either. I just checked my order status and it's still in process. I wonder when it'll change. I don't seem to have been billed yet either.

Me too - came in yesterday out of the blue. I also order while the were OOS "out of stock" but the coupon was still working. Brand spanking new perfect condition boxes and using one now. :D Sweetness. Major props to Logitech for fulfilling the orders that went though after the stock was out. They could have easily and reasonably just canceled the excess orders. I honestly expected that would be the outcome.

Anyone else get theirs? Mine arrived today out of the blue. I didn't even get an email update. Also no dents and the package looks new so they might have received a lot of orders and filled some with new ones. I'm throwing them in the closet until I need them so I hope there is nothing wrong with them. Thanks for posting this OP as I saw this deal no where else.

Me too - came in yesterday out of the blue. I also order while the were OOS "out of stock" but the coupon was still working. Brand spanking new perfect condition boxes and using one now. :D Sweetness. Major props to Logitech for fulfilling the orders that went though after the stock was out. They could have easily and reasonably just canceled the excess orders. I honestly expected that would be the outcome.

I just hope they fullfill the orders that were placed while they were IN stock like mine :eek:

Back