Logitech G402 - Finally listening to gamers?

Dekoth-E-

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok so logitech released a new mouse (surprise), but this time it actually looks like they made some positive strides. I wanted to see if anyone here a chance to preview it or has managed to find out more information than the limited review on the uk site.

My background with mice

Logitech G7 for years..One of the best gaming mice I've ever used. Only real fault? could of used 1 more thumb button. Beyond that I would still be using it if the last of my batteries hadn't swelled.

Logitech Performance mouse MX - Solid productivity, but never really had the performance for gaming. Loved the scroll wheel which got me to try the G700.

G700 - good mouse, but not really a great mouse. Battery life is shit, doesn't have the fast swap the G7 did, but can operate with the charger plugged in so not a terrible thing. But the cord isn't particularly gaming friendly. Still never felt as responsive as my G7, even using them side by side it feels sluggish. Couple that with the irritating problem logitech mice have had for years with the left click not recognizing or multiclicking on a single click frequently and it ended up collecting dust rather quick.

Current mouse - Corsair M65. First corded mouse in years and generally fairly solid. Good response, but the cord pretty regularly snags things which annoys me. Also the weight of the cord tends to drag the mouse a bit if i let it go scrolling my screen unless I am extremely careful to pre slack the line. This is a problem I've always had out of corded mice and one of the reasons why I hate them so much. But that said, post G7 it seems almost no one is interested in producing a quality wireless gaming mouse that has the speed and accuracy of corded so it appears to be something I'm stuck with. While I generally like the corsair, especially the aluminium body it has one flaw that i just can't deal with. The shape of the right side of the mouse is such that it causes my pinky to slip off and drag my mouse surface and even to the point where I'm getting real aggressive catch under the mouse. This is a massive irritation to me and slows down response times massively.

So then the G402 and their new fusion engine. The first thing that catches my eye is the price really isn't bad for a new top end mouse. It also appears to have a good number of buttons, though it looks like it doesn't have their hyperscroll wheel that I liked so much on the performance and g700. But that said, I still have multiple mice so honestly I can compromise something like that if the grip/tracking are worth it. So it has me curious, but after the G700 being very lackluster for what it cost and compared to previous mice from logitech, I'm a tad hesitant to run out and grab it, but really tempted because god I need a solid mouse again.

Last edited:
Hmm over 200 views and nothing eh? Guess it is still too new to get any feedback.

Recently bought the g602 and had nothing but problems with the software locking up the mouse while playing games. I even went as far as reformatting my PC with a fresh install of the software and that still didn't fix the issue. I did some research online and this software issue seems to happen with almost all of their mice products. Just a friendly warning :)

Recently bought the g602 and had nothing but problems with the software locking up the mouse while playing games. I even went as far as reformatting my PC with a fresh install of the software and that still didn't fix the issue. I did some research online and this software issue seems to happen with almost all of their mice products. Just a friendly warning :)

Were you using profiles or something? I have had the G602 for about a week now and no locking up with the software. Logitech is pretty decent with their software compared to other companies (razer,steelseries, and roccat). Just wondering.

1. I have never had an issue in the world with Logitech hardware or software.

2. If they were listening they would re-release the G9x or an identical successor. They were lucky that they kept releasing better mice after the first 300 series, with the MX518 then the G9 - so they were able to stop previous versions. They haven't released anything better since the G9 according to many people including me.

Have a look over at OCN. You'll find all the information you'll need on this mouse, and on gaming mice in general for that matter.

Last edited:
Were you using profiles or something? I have had the G602 for about a week now and no locking up with the software. Logitech is pretty decent with their software compared to other companies (razer,steelseries, and roccat). Just wondering.

I tried with and without profiles. It would lock up to the point where the mouse cursor wouldn't move at all for about 3 seconds. This also happened in just normal everyday browsing. I searched around on the logitech forums and it seems the g600 also suffers from the same issue. A lot of people over there were saying it has something to do with the software not mixing well with other programs on your PC but even after a fresh install of windows with nothing but drivers installed it was still acting up for me. I guess it could have been the mouse itself but after my experience I just sent it back and didn't want a replacement mouse.

A bug has been discovered involving the Y-axis at OCN, which required an "unusual" gaming situation, so it might not occur, but I don't like it...

A bug has been discovered involving the Y-axis at OCN, which required an "unusual" gaming situation, so it might not occur, but I don't like it...

Until I see it infringe on someone's gaming, I consider it a non-issue. None of the people who have actually used it in high level gaming have yet to complain.

Until I see it infringe on someone's gaming, I consider it a non-issue. None of the people who have actually used it in high level gaming have yet to complain.
My main issues with the G402 versus the G502 are these:
1. The G402 should exhibit slight "positive acceleration" versus the G502, but it should be consistent, so it could be adaptable.
2. The G502 has an incredible perfect control speed, so under normal gaming, it should never malfunction.
3. The cost and weight determine which mouse would be bought?
4. Can Logitech legally advertise its stated IPS for the G402, when its Y-axis can't deliver it?

You'd need to post a y-axis acceleration of 2.7+ m/s not many games outside of maybe a flight simulator you'd run into that situation. There is a reason mouse pads are much wider than they are tall.

My main issues with the G402 versus the G502 are these:
1. The G402 should exhibit slight "positive acceleration" versus the G502, but it should be consistent, so it could be adaptable.
2. The G502 has an incredible perfect control speed, so under normal gaming, it should never malfunction.
3. The cost and weight determine which mouse would be bought?
4. Can Logitech legally advertise its stated IPS for the G402, when its Y-axis can't deliver it?
1. G402 does exhibit "acceleration" for lack of a better term when tested. But all mice except the G502 exhibit this when tested. Bad acceleration is inconsistent good acceleration is tiny and most importantly predictable. <-- The reason the G502 sensor is so beloved.

3. Weight seems to be a big issue for some and a non issue for others. Frankly i think weight more is a preference than people give it up as. Alot of the weight complaints are people coming from really light mice who refuse to ever adjust.

4. Yes the y-axis is a bug, not intended function so yes you can advertise. To get into legal trouble for false advertisement you really have to f-up.

Back