Logitech G400 randomly disconnecting/reconnecting in W7

Jellylesg

2[H]4U
As it says on the tin. Had the mouse a while now, probably about 18 months. Weirdly doesn't seem to happen in 3D applications, just on the desktop or in browser/video file windows and the like. Makes the USB unplug "dah-dum" noise and the cursor obviously locks up for 2-3 seconds.

Directly into the I/O panel on the back, no hubs. I've done some basic troubleshooting like switching USB ports, with no luck. Not tried reinstalling drivers yet, as it's not pissing me off too entirely so far so I just thought I'd ask quickly if this was a known issue or something anyone had encountered before.

I have that exact mouse, 2 years old and I just had it replaced under warranty last month for the exact same issue. But mine wouldn't disconnect in bios, but would disconnect in windows.

I emailed logitech told them my trouble shooting and they sent me a new mouse. They didn't want the old one back and all they wanted was a receipt. From my searching it seems to be a common problem with the mouse.

I got a g400s as a replacement.

Right, thanks. It turns out it is doing it in games as well, I'd just been lucky so far.

Kind of sounds like it may be caused by "the wire issue" that seems to plague most Logitech corded mice; they don't have any kind of tension-relief system where the cord connects to the mouse which often causes issues for aggressive mousers.

Kind of sounds like it may be caused by "the wire issue" that seems to plague most Logitech corded mice; they don't have any kind of tension-relief system where the cord connects to the mouse which often causes issues for aggressive mousers.
Yeah, I have seen many reports of G400 mouse cords being faulty, so I bet that this is the cause...

Same exact thing happened to my G500 literally 1 or 2 weeks ago. Odd thing is, it works on every other computer and every other mouse works on my computer (so I'm thinking it was a software conflict?) nevertheless Logitech sent me a G500s for free and didn't ask for the wonky g500 back.

Honestly I think Microsoft dropped an update that screwed things up.

Back