Logitech G330 Headset and Asus Xonar DX

dragonstongue

2[H]4U
I had posted this up on the ASUS main forums, however no reply, do not know if I am wording my questions properly but here goes.

considering my price range the X-Fi xtreme gamer, X-Fi titanium, auzentech bravura, and the xonar DX seem to be the only choices(and would prefer to stick with ASUS shame other cards they offer aren`t lower cost and shielded)Running win 7 64bit with 4gb ram, asus radeon 6870, asus P5Q-E mobo(newest bios)

Now 3 major questions 1)Even without all the fancy stuff that may or may not work(GX) will it still sound good in most any game compared to my soundstorm P5Q-E onboard

2)Does this card generally have excellent sound, i.e good positional effects even from standard headphones

3) I really need this to work well with my 2.1 speakers(which have a headset in) and also need to make very sure that the microphone quality and volume levels are loud enough as it took me awhile to find the G330 which worked well with this board

I would like as straight an answer as possible from members, or ASUS, as I have proudly supported many freinds and family computer builds over the last couple of years using ASUS video cards, motherboards, optical components etc, and if I would have better luck with another product I will choose them, but if this will work fine, then by all means I shall grab one. thanks....

As well was wondering the impediance that is supported for the headset both on back and front inputs, is it also good for microphone use in general and the G330, not many choices for my price range and am trying to get the best available overall for my choices, its not that my P5Q-E onboard works badly for music and gaming is actually pretty good, problem is for games like BFBC2 where you need to hear folks running up on you I only hear them when they are literaly shanking me, or I have to crank it way up and it hurts the ears :p

Anyways thanks for the help...

Last edited:
Back