Logitech G27 Wheel

Xelation

Weaksauce
Has anyone had any luck getting these wheels from local stores, Amazon.com or Logitech.com? I recently purchased the G27 at Logitech.com, and called them to ask when I would be expecting shipment. They said Around the end of June... I ordered the wheel 1 week ago. This morning I received shipment confirmation. Hopefully it is the real thing.

For those of you that are looking to get your hands on this wheel, is it hard to get a hold of one? Did I get lucky?

They were easy to get when I bought two of them at Amazon last year sometime.
I did have trouble finding a G25 back a few years when I wanted one though. So much so that I stuck with an old R/C car style controller until I picked up a G27.

Excellent wheel by the way. I have been very pleased with mine. You can really feel the road surface in the better games. I actually feels like you are on loose gravel, or hard pack, or pavement. You can feel when your front wheels break loose. One issue I have with mine is that I wish the pedals had more rubber on the base. They move around a bit on my hardwood floor if I don't keep a heel on the bottom pad, or use apeice of wood as a spacer between the front of my desk and the pedals. Another minor complaint is the lack of protective rubber on the parts that clamp to your desk. It is a small thing really, but I use a towel to prevent the things from scratching up my desk. Otherwise great wheel.

Last edited:
i've got one and it broke within 3 months. this happened to a lot of people

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PC-Gaming/G27-wheel-wont-stay-in-allignment/td-p/406468

i now regret buying it
you should at least be aware that sooner or later your wheel is going to have that problem. i used to own a g25 as well and didn't experience this problem.
i hope this helped

I remember a lot of people complaining about G25 problems back in the day as well, though I have one that's lasted 4 years now. That said I wouldn't know about the G27, I dont own one. I've seen them in shops quite often, though haven't been looking recently. Apparently since GT5 they've been hard to find.

that's what i told you the g25 is much more durable. the g27 problem is clear and present though. i've informed the fellow forumers. my job on this thread is done

that's what i told you the g25 is much more durable. the g27 problem is clear and present though. i've informed the fellow forumers. my job on this thread is done

My point was that a lot of people also had issues with the G25. Which one has more issues, I suppose only Logitech would know as they'd be the only ones who would know how many returns of each they've had.

After nearly a year my g27 still has no issues. But something that costs this much should last a few years at least. I guess time will tell me on this one. Are there even any wheels as good with better quality/durability? Outside ripping an arcade machine up, of course.

ordered my wheel on 2/18 and just got it on the 13th of last week. ive got about 10 hours on it so far and no centering issue to speak of.

unless you like to drive hard as shit with the wheel, then i don't see any problems with durability.

I've had mine since december and although i only race probably once a week using my rig, the g27 is still spot on and still like new...

now if only i can start my htpc and hook it up to play some gtr2!

you're naive if you think yours won't lose center. logitech know about this manufacturing flaw but chose to do nothing. it happened to me after 4 months of usage in iracing. i've managed to repair it but i got lucky. you should really study that link i posted above.

im glad i couldnt find a g27 and didnt want to pay 299 for one, because the fanatec GT3 V2 wheels , and the club pedals combo are awesome and essientally the same price.

got mine for $240 directly from logitech. i thought about fanatec, but at the time i wanted to order they were having supply issues the same as logitech. the discount i got from logitech was the deal maker for me.

as far as the centering issue goes, thats just one thread on logitech forums. i am positive there are a lot more wheels out there that dont have this issue but no one has made a thread saying "my g27 is great!". this is the internet, lots of people complain about products more-so than praising them.

*crosses fingers hoping i dont get the centering issue* :p

I cant speak for the g27, but id say the g25 is reliable considering i probably have far over 1000 hrs on my g25 and zero issues as of yet.

I'm a few weeks away from a pretty serious eyefinity / obutto rig. I had my eye on the G27 but now I'm thinking maybe just go for it and get the Thrustmaster T500 RS. I like the idea of a belt driven system more than gears. Thing is, clutch and no shifter. Pretty lame... What do you guys think?

I'm a few weeks away from a pretty serious eyefinity / obutto rig. I had my eye on the G27 but now I'm thinking maybe just go for it and get the Thrustmaster T500 RS. I like the idea of a belt driven system more than gears. Thing is, clutch and no shifter. Pretty lame... What do you guys think?

Isn't the shifter sold separately? If you enjoy driving stick and have money to spend, may be get the shifter as well?

$500 vs. $240...hmmmm.

if you want to spend that much money you might want to look at Fanatec wheels also. ive read/heard their pedals are rocking, plus their wheels are belt driven.

I know this is minor league compared to the G27, but I just got the Driving Force GT from Amazon the other day. I bought a used version in "like new" condition, and it looks like it was barely ever used. The feedback is incredible and it definitely provides a realistic feel on different surfaces. The only downside is that there are buttons on the back of the wheel instead of paddles, but I don't really find it more difficult to shift. Anyways I can only imagine what the G27 setup feels like but for someone on a budget the DFGT seems to be a score.

$500 vs. $240...hmmmm.

if you want to spend that much money you might want to look at Fanatec wheels also. ive read/heard their pedals are rocking, plus their wheels are belt driven.

Yeah I was just doing that actually. The pedals do indeed look quite nice, but at 200 bucks they damn well better be.

The Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel - Clubsport edition at 329 is tempting but it's bright fucking orange. The Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel is also quite nice but it seems the price is jacked up for compatibility I don't want and will never use.

There really isn't a kit that fits me just right. I was all decided on the G27 before I read about that centering issue. :mad:

I must admit Im a sim racing noob and I think I'm jumping in with some pretty serious hardware. I've just never been the start easy and move up later type. :D Anyway, I just purchased my obutto so I need to make a decision. I've got about 400 to spend on a wheel. If I want to push into the 600 range it has to wait another month.

Yeah I was just doing that actually. The pedals do indeed look quite nice, but at 200 bucks they damn well better be.

The Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel - Clubsport edition at 329 is tempting but it's bright fucking orange. The Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel is also quite nice but it seems the price is jacked up for compatibility I don't want and will never use.

There really isn't a kit that fits me just right. I was all decided on the G27 before I read about that centering issue. :mad:

I must admit Im a sim racing noob and I think I'm jumping in with some pretty serious hardware. I've just never been the start easy and move up later type. :D Anyway, I just purchased my obutto so I need to make a decision. I've got about 400 to spend on a wheel. If I want to push into the 600 range it has to wait another month.

Another option would be to get a G27 and clubsport pedals w/g27 adapter from Fanatec. Then, if your Logitech wheel happens to fail outside of warranty you can just buy a Fanatec wheel and you will already be set with the pedals.

if i were a simracing noob as you put it, i'd probably try and pick up a g27 before dropping $500 on a different wheel. if your g27 happens to fail you outside of warranty you would almost have enough to buy another one and still be slightly ahead of the game.
another brightside of the g27 is game compatibility. since its probably the best selling wheel out there you shouldnt ever have an issue with it not working properly in most if not every game. i have yet to run into an issue with my wheel.

just my 2 cents

Hmm well if I got a g27 I have money left over for my buttkicker.....decisions decisions lol
I mean I do like logitech...they've never done me wrong before. Actually all of my peripherals are logitech come to think of it.

There are ~24 new ones available on Amazon right now from $359-$399. I've got one and I really love it, it's a great wheel.

Hmm well if I got a g27 I have money left over for my buttkicker.....decisions decisions lol
I mean I do like logitech...they've never done me wrong before. Actually all of my peripherals are logitech come to think of it.

hehe. i also have been wanting a buttkicker. maybe christmas this year...ive read they work awesome with the obutto.

There are ~24 new ones available on Amazon right now from $359-$399. I've got one and I really love it, it's a great wheel.

what a rip. i just got mine for $240 direct from logitech. if you register one of their products on their website they email you a 20% coupon for use at their online store. they just got a huge shipment in north america so they should be in stock, unless all the backorders used up all they received. =/

they were on sale at one point for $150...i was really hoping to get my g27 for $200. i couldnt imagine paying almost $400 for one!

Yeah, I think I paid $200. Still if you really want one and can't get it elsewhere...

hehe. i also have been wanting a buttkicker. maybe christmas this year...ive read they work awesome with the obutto.

what a rip. i just got mine for $240 direct from logitech. if you register one of their products on their website they email you a 20% coupon for use at their online store. they just got a huge shipment in north america so they should be in stock, unless all the backorders used up all they received. =/

they were on sale at one point for $150...i was really hoping to get my g27 for $200. i couldnt imagine paying almost $400 for one!

"Thank you for registering your G15 Gaming Keyboard! We hope you're enjoying it. To say thank you, we're giving you 20% off your next purchase"

Score. G27 it is. :D Thanks for the heads up man

true.

man, i was just reading a review on the thrustmaster and it says:

lol...wtf. that would be a total deal breaker for me, especially at $600.

Even if they had to up the cost $100, I would buy it, if it had an H shifter, the paddles rotated with the wheel, and the PC drivers were solid.

Don't know that the drivers are bad, but I have had some issues with TM drivers back in the Win98 and Xp era.

Hmmm club sport pedals are force feedback. Damn that's enticing. A Porsche 911 GT2 with clubsports and shifter comes in at a whopping 543 bucks with tax and shipping. That's a good 250 more than I was planning on. Soooo that plus my obutto at about 600 and well...I'm way over budget. lol

Fuck it. This is going to be one [H]ard racing setup. :D

As much as I wanted those clubsports the wheel is more important to me than the pedals...
sooo pulled the trigger on a T500 RS. I've got about 1200 bucks worth of racing sim gear on it's way to me now :D

As much as I wanted those clubsports the wheel is more important to me than the pedals...
sooo pulled the trigger on a T500 RS. I've got about 1200 bucks worth of racing sim gear on it's way to me now :D

id say nice, but srsly after reading how the paddles are not rotating with the wheel, i just dont know how i could live with it.

hope to see you on track with us soon tho :)

id say nice, but srsly after reading how the paddles are not rotating with the wheel, i just dont know how i could live with it.

hope to see you on track with us soon tho :)

Apparently it's quite easy to mod them to rotate. As I'm not used to stationary or rotating and real cars use both I figure I'll get used to stationary fairly quickly and then rotating will seem weird to me. :D

And yeah, defiantly hope to see you out there!

Too bad Thrustmaster doesn't have a wheel with a selective shifter; their wheels have pretty good quality at great prices.

Yeah, I think I paid $200. Still if you really want one and can't get it elsewhere...

Hopefully they will have a 30-40% sale soon. I missed the one in Aug for 40%, and I want to kick myself in the shins for not buying when they had the 30% one sometimes later.

Really want it for 200$ or less

EDIT: Haste266, THANK YOU so much for the info. I registred my MX518 and I got the 20% coupon too. Now I don't know if I should wait to see if there will be one of those 30/40% sales or if I should just buy it now. How long is the coupon valid?

Last edited:
Hmmm club sport pedals are force feedback. Damn that's enticing. A Porsche 911 GT2 with clubsports and shifter comes in at a whopping 543 bucks with tax and shipping. That's a good 250 more than I was planning on. Soooo that plus my obutto at about 600 and well...I'm way over budget. lol

Fuck it. This is going to be one [H]ard racing setup. :D

Racing setup you say? You should have gone with the clubsport pedals, they are superior. You are missing out a LOT without a load cell brake and if you do race competitively like in Iracing you need the load cell to be uniform in your braking - it will keep your lap time consistent/drop it.

IMG_0378.jpg

I ended up with the T500RS. Just got everything hard mounted and I'm really happy with it. I'm no where near good enough to tackle competitive racing at this point. I'm still struggling to keep my cars on the track in Dirt 3 and Shift 2 so I don't think my lack of load cell is an issue at this point. There are rumors of load cell mods for my pedals anyway so by the time I'm read to actually sim race maybe it will be out. In the meantime I'm perfectly happy drinking beers with my buddies and watching them put lambos into the wall at 230mph. :D

i sold the g27 and i will buy the t500rs too. clubsport pedals will follow shortly after

Back