Logitech G25 Racing Wheel

Alxs

Limp Gawd
Has anyone tried the g25 racing wheel? I'm really interested in buying one, it looks so nice, but I don't know if it worth the price, it's so expensive. Has anyone tried it out?

My brother has one, and as a racing sim enthusiast, it's a dream come true for him. He bought it when it first came out and paid $300, and he says it's worth every penny. Has only had one problem so far, when he threw it across a room (Don't ask) and broke the supports for the wheel, or something like that, but got Logitech to replace it. So, yes, I highly recommend the G25, as he has allowed me to use it several times, and I can guarantee that you will love it. The H-pattern shifter and 900 degree wheel rotation are just spectacular. It's worth every penny.

I have a logitech g25 and it works absolutely perfect for racing sims, rFactor, LFS, iRacing, etc.
Worth every penny.

I have this wheel too and its bad ass as long as you set it up right. Its too bad Xbox360 owners cant have soemthing this nice lol.

4saken I would like challenge you on all those games you mentioned.

Have a G25 since they first came out. Its a little hard to set up in some games ,but once u find the right settings its ....:D worth every penny.
(Note that some games dont support the clutch and Stick shift)

how much does a G25 are going for right now??? ( i live in Canada )
cuz i would really like to get one too... since i love to play driving games!

I also got mine when they came out. I like it very much. I use it mostly for Live for Speed. I recently got myself a PS3 and am enjoying Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (Can't get full 900 degree for some reason, but if you press Triangle at the beginning of each race you get the Clutch which is great!).

As others mentionned it can take a while to setup before playing (and if you don't have a dedicated area for it then you have to setup at the computer desk every time). But once it's setup it's loads of fun. In the ~Two years I've had it the only problem I've had is the reverse gear not engaging anymore.. which is really not a problem since you should not be reversing on a race track ... :D)

how much does a G25 are going for right now??? ( i live in Canada )
cuz i would really like to get one too... since i love to play driving games!

I bought mine from www.directcanada.com when it became available for 225$. I keep checking once in a while and the price does vary (they rarely drop below 200).

Great wheel, I have one but you also need a good game to enjoy it like GTR 2, GTR Evolution, GT5 Prolouge and other racing sim.

In the ~Two years I've had it the only problem I've had is the reverse gear not engaging anymore.. which is really not a problem since you should not be reversing on a race track ... :D)

Yeah, I had that same problem with the reverse gear not working anymore... it is because the solder cracked and not holding the joint anymore. More detail as well as a fix in this posting here:
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=279578
For good measures, I suggest putting a small strand of wire on each trace.

But other than that, the wheel is well worth the price. The G25 goes great with the Playseat Evolution with the G25 gear shift holder.

Yeah, I had that same problem with the reverse gear not working anymore... it is because the solder cracked and not holding the joint anymore. More detail as well as a fix in this posting here:
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=279578
For good measures, I suggest putting a small strand of wire on each trace.

Thanks I'll probably check it out sometimes (might need to fix it for the PS3, on the PC i just assign the reverse to a button)

To the OP.. as mentioned the steering is useful for simulator type games. I've tried on many occasions to force myself to play arcade type games and I can never manage (half the time because the game does not have enough settings for to tune the wheel).

BTW, here's my ghetto setup. (Not nearly as nice as the Playseat above haha.. but most probably cheaper)

IMG_6274.jpg

I'm picking one up soon... 170 new (Woohoo, Logitech partner discount. No, I can't hook you up. But I gladly would if I could.. )

I'm going to need a COMPLETELY new set up to enjoy this thing though... And A ps3 and GT5 ^_^

Thanks I'll probably check it out sometimes (might need to fix it for the PS3, on the PC i just assign the reverse to a button)

To the OP.. as mentioned the steering is useful for simulator type games. I've tried on many occasions to force myself to play arcade type games and I can never manage (half the time because the game does not have enough settings for to tune the wheel).

BTW, here's my ghetto setup. (Not nearly as nice as the Playseat above haha.. but most probably cheaper)

IMG_6274.jpg

cool setup !! did you bolt the seat to the floor ?

cool setup !! did you bolt the seat to the floor ?

Didn't bolt anything. The carpet seems to be doing a good job against sliding.

Was also fairly cheap to build, ~15$ of steel (I work for a steel fabricator), A six pack of beer for the stepbrother (welding). The Seat was the expensive part at 50$... could probably have shopped around more, but this one has an active side airbag in case I ... crash.

Didn't bolt anything. The carpet seems to be doing a good job against sliding.

Was also fairly cheap to build, ~15$ of steel (I work for a steel fabricator), A six pack of beer for the stepbrother (welding). The Seat was the expensive part at 50$... could probably have shopped around more, but this one has an active side airbag in case I ... crash.

was just thinking the seat might tip over if not bolted to the ground.
Where u got the seat from for around $50 ??? I was looking for a while to get a decent carseat like that but couldnt find anything "cheap" enough in the local car supply stores.

Where u got the seat from for around $50 ??? I was looking for a while to get a decent carseat like that but couldnt find anything "cheap" enough in the local car supply stores.

You are right, if I lower the back too much it can flip on its back, especially if it's all the way back on the tracks.

I got the seat from a scrapyard. The guy was very surprised when I asked for a seat, he told me it was very rare that people bought seats from scrapyards to use in their cars. The seat I got is from a 2001 Acura (I think)

Back