Logitech G15 Retail Box $34.99 IR, MIR, Code (DeadDeal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they do this right after I buy one for $49 from the deal last week. :( Awesome price tag, though...

awesome just grabbed one. thanks op

I also ordered the driving force GT dented box last week, loving these logtech deals, just need a mx518 deal to pop up again and ill be set..

Last edited:
whatever, you still have to deal with MIR

imo, i would rather take the $49 deal. my time is worth money.

Deal's dead; regular price is up to $75, so it's only $55 AR.

Or does the promo code apply in addition to the AR?

also true, good thing I'll be dropping off just an extra item with a netflix dvd and won't waste any time.

Difference is this - that other deal was a used item ("dented" box), which seems very hit or miss. This way you get a real warranty and a new product.

My v1 G15 is getting old and crusty, not to mention the flickering backlight. I bit.

i wasn't referring to the time it takes to mail the rebate. i was referring to the hassle of running it down when it doesn't come through :)

Finally time I bite on one of these. Rebate form says not combinable with other any other offers, think they might deny the rebate with the newegg promo code?

i would think i am very good at filling out paperwork, and i have gotten every rebate except 1. and that one burned me

I bit. My first-gen G15 is getting nasty. Never not gotten a rebate back from Logitech, and that's out of 8 or 9 so far.a

@Dark_Zero: No, I think it will work. The rebate is exclusively for Newegg through the 26th; it was designed this way, I'm sure.

Damn. Not sure I can pass it up for $35. Almost bit on the dented box deal.

Anyone think Newegg will drop the price even more as 10/26 nears?

Oh, I've seen it happen multiple times.

But there's no worry. If the price drops more, just call Newegg. They'll credit you. Or they used to, anyway.

maybe i'm lucky but every rebate i've mailed i've gotten the money back :).

yeah me 2, my last one was a OCZ debit card. that literally never worked. I tried it at lik 7 different locations. I'd call the credit card company, and they said, they saw where i was using it at..and "it should work' Finally, i called and just had them send me a check. took another 8 weeks, but it was better than feeling like a bum at the register when your card is declined. fuckers.

should get mine today, having tax in nj sucks but atleast in my location I always get it the next day.

Oh, I've seen it happen multiple times.

But there's no worry. If the price drops more, just call Newegg. They'll credit you. Or they used to, anyway.

Last time I tried this with RAM. I bought, price dropped, they said price fluctuates so they couldn't do anything.

Just got mine in today; can't complain about one-day turnaround.

I'm pretty disappointed that it has no volume wheel - that was my second favorite feature on the original. It's hard to see how this second version is anything but a downgrade, given the removal of two columns of macro keys (didn't need those personally) and the wheel removal. Pretty pathetic that they didn't upgrade the USB 1.1 ports to USB 2.0, either.

Build quality seems OK. The keys seem a little mushier but that could just be because my old one is so beat-up by now.

The only reason I can see for the creation of this downgraded "v2" is to sell the G13 accessory. Anyone with a v1 G15 and its 18 macro keys would probably never buy a G13.

Supposed to be good through the 26th. I used that code yesterday and it worked fine. Just tried this morning and it said invalid .....
Glad mine already shipped yesterday.

Just got mine. Seems like the people who pack orders at Newegg just don't care anymore. They put it in a giant box with some packing paper, like it would actually do anything. The keyboard still had free roam.

Just got mine. Seems like the people who pack orders at Newegg just don't care anymore. They put it in a giant box with some packing paper, like it would actually do anything. The keyboard still had free roam.

lol i noticed too. mine had some packing paper on top of the keyboard and nothing underneath might as well have just saved the box and shipped it.

logitech isn't any better though, they shipped the driving force wheel in a cardboard box that was the exact size of the wheel's box no packing materials at all, the wheel and everything was jumbled around a good amount but works fine thankfully.

My initial impression is that I'm glad it'll only cost me $35. I feel bad for people who paid more. Logitech's starting to lose my loyalty.

The LEDs are a joke. The light distribution is embarrassing. Only the top half of my Caps Lock key is lit, and most keys have a gradient quality. My M1, M2, and MR keys aren't lit at all, and the M3 key is about 20% lit. I'll probably end up replacing the LEDs with some bright white LEDs eventually. Logitech's starting to lose my loyalty. High prices, low quality.

Keys feel pretty solid but have a light touch. They're way quieter than my previous keyboards.

UPDATE: And holy shit, the media buttons are really stiff. They're surprisingly tough to press. My keyboard actually moves when I press the Next key.

Last edited:
The LEDs are a joke. The light distribution is embarrassing. Only the top half of my Caps Lock key is lit, and most keys have a gradient quality. My M1, M2, and MR keys aren't lit at all, and the M3 key is about 20% lit. I'll probably end up replacing the LEDs with some bright white LEDs eventually. Logitech's starting to lose my loyalty. High prices, low quality.

Keys feel pretty solid but have a light touch. They're way quieter than my previous keyboards.

UPDATE: And holy shit, the media buttons are really stiff. They're surprisingly tough to press. My keyboard actually moves when I press the Next key.

Sounds like you got a dud. I got a G15 from the other deal last week and mine doesn't have those problems, though the next button is a little wonky but not like what you describe. While I've had issues with Logitech products before (their QC department seems to be a little lacking) but I still like their products a lot. They make up for their hit or miss quality by their excellent customer service. You'll probably have to call Newegg first since it's brand new but usually Logitech will send out a brand new whatever product ASAP.

Yeah your keyboard is fucked; return it. The lighting should not be that bad.

The media keys definitely suck, though - at first. It's weird but you have to break them in by individually pressing each of them a few times. But yes, the thing is definitely a downgrade from v1, and I noted as much in my Newegg review.

Still, for $35, it's a sight for sore eyes after staring at my crusty 3+ year-old G15 v1

I'm not returning it if I have to pay to ship it back. I'm already facing having to RMA my monitor and paying $30+ for that.

Anyone post pics of their backlighting? Here are pics of mine with the backlighting on its brightest setting. As you should be able to see from mine, many keys are very dim at their edges. There's no real clarity, even looking down at it from directly above. Looking at it from sitting in my chair, many of the keys look cropped at the top. It's my first backlit keyboard, so maybe I expect too much.

29njp1g.jpg

e0h08h.jpg

rk8z6t.jpg

Last edited:
Nevermind. Newegg just approved an RMA with a prepaid shipping label. My rebate will go through with the replacement, right?

Supposed to be good through the 26th. I used that code yesterday and it worked fine. Just tried this morning and it said invalid .....
Glad mine already shipped yesterday.

The $15 "instant rebate" is good through the 26th. The extra $20 off code is indeed dead now. :(
$35 was the right price for me to get one as a backup even though my old blue G15 is still going strong.

I got my replacement a couple days ago. Same horrible backlighting. I'm returning it for a refund. Not risking getting a third defective unit. Bad backlighting and extremely stiff media keys. Guess my keyboard search continues.

I got my replacement a couple days ago. Same horrible backlighting. I'm returning it for a refund. Not risking getting a third defective unit. Bad backlighting and extremely stiff media keys. Guess my keyboard search continues.

your lighting looks just like mine. i don't really think yours are defective.. either way it sounds like you are looking for a higher quality / more expensive board. This is my first backlit keyboard so i don't have much to go on, but i would think it could be distracting if the keys were any brighter, I already know where most of the keys are on the board when not looking, the lighting is really only nice when I need to find a key I almost never use very quickly.

Last edited:
your lighting looks just like mine. i don't really think yours are defective.. either way it sounds like you are looking for a higher quality / more expensive board. This is my first backlit keyboard so i don't have much to go on, but i would think it could be distracting if the keys were any brighter, I already know where most of the keys are on the board when not looking, the lighting is really only nice when I need to find a key I almost never use very quickly.

QFT. You'll probably have to find a keyboard with a LED for each button to get the kind of lighting you're looking for. I really <3 my G15v2, I just wish it was blue lighting instead of orange. BTW LCD Miscellany rules (love the weather tab).

People earlier in this thread said my backlighting was abnormal. I'm not surprised yours looks like mine though. I've tried two units, and both have had the same, lame backlighting. It isn't the dim backlighting that I don't like. I know it'd be harder to see if all the keys were as bright as the M keys (unless, perhaps, the backlighting was white). What I find unacceptable is that a lot of my keys are only half illuminated. Only the bottom halves of my Caps Lock and Tab keys are lit, and the same goes for many others. Backlighting is the main reason I'm looking for a new keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back