Logitech G13 Programmable Gameboard with LCD Display "Dented Box" $42 Shipped

lgestle

[H]ard|Gawd
Ripped from SlickDeals.
Logitech G13 Programmable Gameboard with LCD Display

Product Features:
Naturally contoured design follows the natural shape of your hand and fingers for increased comfort during long sessions.

Onboard memory lets you program up to 5 ready-to-play profiles, so you can take your personal preferences with you.

Customizable backlighting lets you choose your colors and easily locate the right key in low-light conditions or lights-out play.

25 programmable keys allow you to assign keyboard functions to suit your style of play and create macros on the fly

The high-visibility GamePanel LCD displays game stats, system info, and communications from fellow players.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/promotional-items/devices/7555&ci=0
Apply Coupon Code = logi_g13_21511

A lot of you guys will be disappointed with the G13. I bought one and used it for only 1 day and returned it. Its very uncomfortable and you will find that a lot of games wont be able to use the joy stick.

I'm not buying it for the joystick, I'm buying it because its an FPS keypad with a gel wrist rest and its made by Logitech. I bet my wife gets well over 42 dollars worth out of it, as she plays mostly FPS games (she's already got an original model G15, as well).

It has got overall quite good reviews at Newegg too. A few haters, but most niche products like this always have their share of haters.

I know this is a specific question, but does anyone know if in Dawn of War II you can use the joystick to pan the camera around the map? It's hard to use landscape eyefinity and scroll left/right in that game. I need to find my old MS Strategic Commander :(

A lot of you guys will be disappointed with the G13. I bought one and used it for only 1 day and returned it. Its very uncomfortable and you will find that a lot of games wont be able to use the joy stick.

Yep, I bought one a while back and it just sat around unused for those reasons.

Good price though...

I know this is a specific question, but does anyone know if in Dawn of War II you can use the joystick to pan the camera around the map? It's hard to use landscape eyefinity and scroll left/right in that game. I need to find my old MS Strategic Commander :(

Yeah, just setup the binds on the joystick to the movement keys on your KB. The joystick can be used as a standard analog or digital D-Pad.

I'm not buying it for the joystick, I'm buying it because its an FPS keypad with a gel wrist rest and its made by Logitech. I bet my wife gets well over 42 dollars worth out of it, as she plays mostly FPS games (she's already got an original model G15, as well).

It has got overall quite good reviews at Newegg too. A few haters, but most niche products like this always have their share of haters.

Uhh... it's not a gel wrist. I don't know where you heard that nonsense. I've had one since they debuted. It is super comfortable, though. I love mine, and I convinced my room-mate to get one as well.

To answer another poster's question, the joystick CAN be programmed to act as a mouse. I have it assigned as a D-Pad style "flick-stick" of sorts. I can just quick flick it in a direction for a specific action.

Just be sure to use the Legacy drivers from the website if you're running 64 bit Windows. Theres an issue with the 64bit version of the "new" software that causes it not to switch profiles automagically when you launch the associated application. It does not affect the 32 bit version of the new software, though.

Does that joystick become your mouse? :confused:

Generally, no. It becomes either your movement controller (taking the place of the WASD keys, which frees up your fingers to work the keys) or something else entirely. This is meant to replace a keyboard, not a mouse.

Although, you could map the mouse input to the joystick as someone else said. And, I could see this being useful for people with a disability that can't use the right hand.

Padded wrist, wrist support, wrist rest, gel wrist, all the same to me. Maybe saying "gel wrist" is technically incorrect but who the hell cares?

It's 50% off and it has a place to rest your wrist. Happy now?

Padded wrist, wrist support, wrist rest, gel wrist, all the same to me. Maybe saying "gel wrist" is technically incorrect but who the hell cares?

It's 50% off and it has a place to rest your wrist. Happy now?

I'm pretty sure you're the only one that considers "gel wrist' and "place to rest your wrist" the same thing. Especially considering a gel wrist support has gel in it...not hard plastic. No need to get defensive about him pointing that out to you, for all he knew that could have been a deal breaker for somebody thinking it was actually gel.

..I don't use the stick as a mouse. In fact I use a naga mouse with 12 more buttons on the side in conjunction with the g13. I use the stick like a "HAT" switch on a flight stick - used as a quick thumb "slap-stick" to perform often used utility functions like inventory, map, mount-up, etc. I really feel that if you actually take the time to set it up and use the G13, that its a great device. It also lets you assume the very comfortable "captain's chair" posture with your mouse arm out on the right side, and the g13 on the left. No crossing your arm across your midsection (other than typing words). For someone broad like me its especially useful. I could of course slide my keyboard to the left, but then it would be awkward when typing.
..Playing RPGs, and a game like WoW where you have a near-constant constant chat interface going + action keys, this device is very useful. Add to that the robust macro system in the WoW game + the macro capability of the G13 and you can really do a ton with it. It just takes a little time and getting used to it and setting it up. I used a couple soft pad stick-ons on a few keys to help my fingers learn where everything was. They are made as soft felt pad or gel/nylon bumpers for drawers and cabinets, from nail head size to dime size. Three was enough to give me a key orientation learning shortcut. The device also comes with a few of the gel-like nylon ones I think.
.. I also use the g13 for fps, for the ergo comfort - spreading my arms in line or outside of the line of my shoulders rather than crossing one arm across the keyboard. It works great for this too, though most fps really don't need that anywhere near that many keys. I sometimes swap out my naga for a g9x mouse for the added weight when I play fps by the way.
..I can't force someone to like the g13 who doesn't. For me, I would hate to go back to not using it. In fact I might buy one off this deal if still avail just for my g73jh laptop so I dont have to swap the one from my desktop anymore.
.. I basically just remap half of the keyboard to the g13, quite logically utilizing the key sizes for certain keys (imo). And for me, its is extremely comfortable - but like I said, I'm not trying to keep my thumb on the stick all the time. I use my thumb as part of my action and movement keys. The thumb stick "hat switch" is a momentary reach over to slap-activate/close my inventory, vehicle/mount, map, etc.

G13_wow-config_1sm.jpg

You motivate me to use mine. To be honest mine has been sitting on my desk untouched for 4 months.

I just received my G13 and I was wondering why was it discounted as a dented box item. The one i got has no dents not even dust it looks in perfect condition. I dont even see fingerprints on it.
I am not complaining i'm just saying.

Last "Dented box" item I got had a Best Buy price tag on it for about 3 times the price I paid for it, box besides to price tag blemish was flawless.

Both of the ones I ordered are out for delivery, will post pics of my dented boxes if I can.

Just showed up in "new" condition without even a scratch, dent, rub, anything.

Dented box merely means that the box may be damaged. The hardware itself should be fine and probably brand new. I do wonder why Logitech is the only computer-related parts company who does this, though.

I received mine today. Not a scratch. First thing I did was add the free game it came with to my steam account.

dead deal?

"This is not the page you're looking for. But unfortunately, that Logitech product or page is not available in your location. (You may even have a bad link.) Go ahead and keep browsing www.logitech.com for the latest products, support, company information and more."

My wife's came two days ago. Brand new condition, not a scratch on it or the box. She LOVES it, playing BFBC2 right now.

Back