Logitech G11

Even a $20 difference would be enough for me, the LCD just looks like a gimmick.

It looks like those USB ports are going to be 2.0 instead of 1.1 now, that's an advantage over the G15

At the very least the LCD makes a good clock. :)

After using the G15 for a while i haven't found myself using the G-Keys all that often. They could cut them down to one set of 6 keys and that would be fine for me. They should have at least made it smaller if they were going to bother removing the LCD.

that's the main reason i don't like the G15 or G11 is the size. yea, it might be cool to have those programmable buttons over there, but honestly, i would NEVER use them and they would waste space.

ComputerBox34 said:
It looks like those USB ports are going to be 2.0 instead of 1.1 now, that's an advantage over the G15

That's good that they are 2.0 now, but I run into the problem of too much power being pulled over 1 usb port when i plug stuff into my keyboard

squeezee said:
At the very least the LCD makes a good clock.

After using the G15 for a while i haven't found myself using the G-Keys all that often. They could cut them down to one set of 6 keys and that would be fine for me. They should have at least made it smaller if they were going to bother removing the LCD.

I'll second that the LCD does make a great clock, also helps me to remember what today is :D

I actually use the G-Keys a lot. I have things like my email and user names in them. I even have a key that logs into Hard Forum :cool: Other things are buttons to help in Titan Quest (I actually play that game from the G-Keys) and RTS games I have the buttons to make and select groups quicker.

I'm waiting for the G11. From what I have read, the lcd screen isn't all that great.

I don't mind the size at all, and I will need the extra keys for a future game I am waiting for.

I also waited for the LCDless g15 version and here it is. I think it's going on sale on July 31st, I like the blue light, no more night lamp next to my keyboard at night hehe.

Lyrids said:
Even a $20 difference would be enough for me, the LCD just looks like a gimmick.

people love using the word gimmick.. anyway, if it were a gimmick in the derogatory sense of the term, it would be useless and something you couldn't be bothered with.. but you can config it to display pretty much anything you want including full system stats.. which is great IMO, people have always been purchasing seperate lcd's to mod into their rigs to display cpu/gpu temps, fan speeds, disk space, you name it.. this is no different

The LCD is awesome if you actually bother using it.

I don't, and in fact the way my desk is and the keyboard tray is positioned, I have to fold the LCD down all the time. So I have had the keyboard for over 7 months now and have never used the LCD for anything.

I plan to take it apart soon and clean it, and replace the blue LEDs with white or UV ones.

Blue Falcon said:
The LCD is awesome if you actually bother using it.

I don't, and in fact the way my desk is and the keyboard tray is positioned, I have to fold the LCD down all the time. So I have had the keyboard for over 7 months now and have never used the LCD for anything.

I plan to take it apart soon and clean it, and replace the blue LEDs with white or UV ones.

I wouldn't recommend UV my friend, it may very will damage your eyes over time, not really worth the risk. Go with the white if your in the mood for a change =]

Techx said:
I wouldn't recommend UV my friend, it may very will damage your eyes over time, not really worth the risk. Go with the white if your in the mood for a change =]

Why not red? Isn't there supposed to be something about red light that makes it the least disruptive to low-light vision? And wouldn't that make it most suitable for gaming at 4am with the lights off?

Techx said:

Considering I've got blacklites on the ceiling, in my case, all my LEDs replaced with UV LEDs, I doubt any more will kill me any faster. Thanks. :p

The red is an idea I hadn't considered... or maybe borgish green. I got gobs and gobs of white and UV LEDs laying around though.

Shark-MegaByte said:
Why not red? Isn't there supposed to be something about red light that makes it the least disruptive to low-light vision? And wouldn't that make it most suitable for gaming at 4am with the lights off?

A RED led is significantly different from a UV (Ultraviolet) LED. UV light, often referred to as 'blacklight' is the kind of light that makes clothes glow in the dark and you use to detect fake money. Of course it can also cause skin cancer and eye damage with enough long term exposure, moreso at higher intensitys.

I know what UV is.. maybe I should've chopped the first part off the quote.

I was just asking 'what about red instead of blue or white?' and wondering if anyone else had picked up that random trivia bit about red perhaps being more dark-friendly.

Indeed red does not interrupt natural night vision.
However if you have a computer monitor running this doesn't matter, as all other light of significant brightness will destroy any nightvision you have. I would think that the intensity of the light would matter more for comforts sake than the color in this case.

The G11 will sell for about $45-$60. Also, unlike some of the other posters I happen to use the G keys all the time and even have custom profiles set up for most of my games. IMO this is the best keyboard to hit the market in years and I especially like the LCD because it allows me to monitor performance in games without having to run something else. Also it is nice that I know what time it is so I don't end up gaming until 3am on a weeknight.

Ingonuts13 said:
The G11 will sell for about $45-$60. Also, unlike some of the other posters I happen to use the G keys all the time and even have custom profiles set up for most of my games. IMO this is the best keyboard to hit the market in years and I especially like the LCD because it allows me to monitor performance in games without having to run something else. Also it is nice that I know what time it is so I don't end up gaming until 3am on a weeknight.

Same here

Does anyone know if the G11 fixed the issues people had with the black part of the keys rubbing off?

CKMorpheus said:
Does anyone know if the G11 fixed the issues people had with the black part of the keys rubbing off?

That was fixed a little after they first release, my G15 is fine (got it for Christmas) and I use it everyday for a couple of hours.

CKMorpheus said:

I'm sure it was. My G15 replacement was supposed to fix that problem and it has.

I LOVE my G15. I wouldn't trade it for anything! I use the LCD to display my custom LCD Studio displays and I couldn't live without the G-Keys. I have most of them mapped to specific directories that I tend to use a lot like my Firefox downloads directory or my DVD and Music directories. I also have common programs mapped to them like Terminal Calculator and Remote Desktop. When I was at work I would try to hit those keys to bring certain things up and would really miss having them. Basically, this is the best keyboard I have ever used.

EDIT: I've had mine since early January and only the shift key is having problems with the paint.

I don't really like the G15. It's big, heavy and full of stuff I don't really think is necessary, like the LCD display and all the G keys. I think the G11 would be better value for me, but seriously, I don't need all the keys :)
They should design a gamers' keyboard, so small as possible with good layout of the keys and maybe with some multimedia keys like almost every keyboard have nowadays. :cool:

R0N1 said:
I don't really like the G15. It's big, heavy and full of stuff I don't really think is necessary, like the LCD display and all the G keys. I think the G11 would be better value for me, but seriously, I don't need all the keys :)
They should design a gamers' keyboard, so small as possible with good layout of the keys and maybe with some multimedia keys like almost every keyboard have nowadays. :cool:

sounds like most generic keyboards, is that what you want? ;)

fuzzy34 said:
sounds like most generic keyboards, is that what you want? ;)

Probablly because a lot of some of the older generic keyboards have a higher build quality then these keyboards Logitech has been pumping out as "gaming keyboards"

UltimaParadox said:
Probablly because a lot of some of the older generic keyboards have a higher build quality then these keyboards Logitech has been pumping out as "gaming keyboards"

What are you smoking?

I think a lot of things have been said about the build quality of some of these gaming keyboards.

Back