Logitech G Hub - Still Sucking?

I installed X-Mouse or Mouse-X or something instead. Seems to do the job. Its a little involved to get setup though. I'm >||< THIS close to scrapping both my mouse and keyboard and getting something else because of G-Hub.

I wish I could do the same. The problem is that I can't find a mouse that's any better. Especially the wireless G502.
There are better wireless keyboards than my G613, but many of those have their own proprietary software, too. Doubling down on Logitech has allowed me to at least narrow the suck down to GHUB.
Well, you have one now, the new Roccat Kone Pro Air. I just got one early for review. Really nice and the software is tits.

Guys, just want to let you know I received a mouse for a program I'm in, and it's tits.
I'm currently trying to find latency information for it's bot WiFi (dongle) and BT5 options. I have no idea why they would put a BT option on a gaming mouse, but it is there.
I loaded the software last night, and after abut 10 minutes, I had it down. It's really well done.
The one thing that turned me off is that it does not have a dedicated DPI button, but the software allows you to assign that function to any button. I chose a side button.

Now, I've only used this for gaming about 3 hours so far, but from that experience, I'm pretty impressed with the functions, software, and ergonomics of the mouse (Again, I don't know what the WiFi latency is, yet, and that pisses me off that Roccat would not publish it). The side buttons are large and easy to find, and the entire mouse is titled to the right (right handed mouse only). that relieves elbow and wrist pain.

Just using this mouse, I'd ditch Logitech for Roccat, but the problem is that Roccat do not have a wireless gaming keyboard!
The other problem is price. It's retailing at $129.00. Not just ouch, but FUCKING ouch!

Roccat Kone Pro Air
71neCwg5pyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It's your standard button gaming mouse, for sure. it's not an MMO mouse, if you need 15 macros, etc., it's not that. it's solid, though.

I don't really need a pile of buttons, but that's pretty bare bones. I like having at least 3 shoulder buttons and another index finger button (or two) as well. I can't go back to an Intellimouse design at this point.

I don't really need a pile of buttons, but that's pretty bare bones. I like having at least 3 shoulder buttons and another index finger button (or two) as well. I can't go back to an Intellimouse design at this point.
The software allows you to assign individual clicks to the mouse wheel up and down movement. So three are two more buttons. The mouse is SUPER light to, almost floating in your hand--I like some weight to my mouse. But, if you like a light mouse. . . .

There are things do not like about it--no MTBF specifications, no latency specifications. In fact, no mechanical/electrical (WiFi, etc) specs at all. WTF?

Last edited:
The last time I used GHUB it was terrible, about a year ago. I couldn't believe how convoluted it was, and people on other forums were saying they couldn't even figure out how to make simple macros with it.

And, it was bad.

Has anyone used it recently? I see they have an update from December 2020.
hi ya i dont suppose you got a copy of the old g-hub as i actually never had a n issue with it but am having issues with hte new version.. had to del;ete as froze my pc 3 times and reinstal 4 times grrr if you have a copy can you share?

The last time I used GHUB it was terrible, about a year ago. I couldn't believe how convoluted it was, and people on other forums were saying they couldn't even figure out how to make simple macros with it.

And, it was bad.

Has anyone used it recently? I see they have an update from December 2020.
hi ya i dont suppose you got a copy of the old g-hub as i actually never had a n issue with it but am having issues with hte new version.. had to del;ete as froze my pc 3 times and reinstal 4 times grrr if you have a copy can you share?

I don't. I stopped using Logitech shitware after I got my above pictured Roccatt mouse. Their macro software allows you to configure any keyboard keys to the mouse macro. Unlike Logitech, where it only allows you to macro it's own boards and mice, Roccatt did the right thing and allows you to not only set up your Roccat mouse, but an any keyboard binds to the macro, regardless of which keyboard you are using. Super useful. That, and the Roccat mouse removed all of my elbow pain, well, 97% of it. The Logitech G305 was crippling me. Try Roccat, man. You'll never go back to Logitech.

Last I tried it, it still sucked. I went back to the previous iteration of Logtech Gaming Software as GHub was causing issues with hardware and games.

I have a G915 TKL and a G703 Lightspeed. I’ve been running the latest version the g hub and have had no issues.

For what it's worth, I needed a new keyboard and ended up getting a G915. I hadn't touched G Hub in months (maybe even years), but this keyboard uses it for functionality like lighting, programmable keys, etc.
I feel like it's easier to use than is was, but Logitech makes it frustratingly tough to find how to hard-program things so that you don't need to run G Hub as a resident program.
Luckily, it's not hard once you finally figure it out. The key is to program things normally, switch to on-board mode (which they warn you against for some reason), click the profile and tell it to use "Default: Desktop" which is oddly hidden in a menu that doesn't look like a menu. After that, you'll never need to use G Hub again...and if you do, you can just repeat the process.

I can confirm this software still blows goats. It was flaking out on me yesterday saying my mouse was out of power when it wasn't and somehow overriding my saved configuration and not letting me change anything. I had to kill all the processes for it and relaunch them to get things working again.

Yep. It's complete trash. Like I've said, when either my current logitech keyboard or mouse fails, i'm throwing both out and buying a different brand.

I have it running on two of my machines with no issues, G815 and G604 on both.
My main rig also has LGS installed for my G13.

GHub is kind of a pain. However, recently I reintalled windows and it actually let me reload my onboard profile from the mouse back onto the computer which was unexpected.

GHub is kind of a pain. However, recently I reintalled windows and it actually let me reload my onboard profile from the mouse back onto the computer which was unexpected.

That's the "good" thing about it, although that's more about the devices than the software. If you're happy with a specific config for your mouse/keyboard, you can set it up once and never use G Hub again. I think you can even uninstall G Hub after reloading your profiles if you want.

That's the "good" thing about it, although that's more about the devices than the software. If you're happy with a specific config for your mouse/keyboard, you can set it up once and never use G Hub again. I think you can even uninstall G Hub after reloading your profiles if you want.
Works for the mouse, but not the keyboards.

Works for the mouse, but not the keyboards.

At least for my G915, it seems to. I just uninstalled G Hub and my light settings and G keys are still retained even after a reboot. With my prior G613 it didn't, though. Luckily there isn't much to program on that one. 🤷‍♂️

At least for my G915, it seems to. I just uninstalled G Hub and my light settings and G keys are still retained even after a reboot. With my prior G613 it didn't, though. Luckily there isn't much to program on that one. 🤷‍♂️
It'll retain light/settings through a reboot. However, at least on mine, if you do a shutdown/power-off they will go away.

Plus, regardless, if you don't have the app installed you don't get the active profiles per game. I rarely use this feature, but it's useful for some games that don't support full key mapping, etc. Oh, that and the active game control for the games that support it for lighting. However, the idiots at logitech changed the API for how the games control lighting, so if the game wasn't developed with GHUB in mind but the older LGS - That feature no longer works anyways.

Last edited:
I have it running on two of my machines with no issues, G815 and G604 on both.
My main rig also has LGS installed for my G13.
Same here. Using it with a G915 and a G703 and no issues on my main PC.

GHUB has been fine. Custom binds stick between updates and it allows me to configure color/binds with ease. Not sure what else to ask for. For those comparing it to anything else they may want to give up on "compare culture".

My G Pro Hero clicker died after only a couple years of usage. I'm half-way there to totally ditching logitech. I appreciate that this new steelseries mouse I got has a little display on the bottom that lets me fully adjust the DPI profiles & lighting without even having to load software.

Last edited:
August 2022. Still sucks, confirmed.
I last tried G-hub in 2020. I have a G502 hero. I've been using the Onboard Memory Manager ever since tossing that old version. g-hub is vastly over-complicated, non-intuitive, klunky, and just basically a pain in the ass. While poking my way around the software - a few small option changes here and there - I clicked on the 'onboard memory manager' button in it. Looked at it. No idea wtf they are trying to make easier for me. So I uninstall G-hub again. Fire up the Onboard Memory Manager...."Settings will not take effect until this device is switched to onboard mode within G HUB". What. The actual. Flibbermuff. I'm going to try a reboot first just in case that will "free" the onboard memory manager, as I seriously don't want to have to go through the tediously long and slow install just to flip a switch then uninstall again.

How can Logitech consider this release-quality software? Oh boy, a big new pulsating orb thingy, but the actual software seems barely unchanged, two years later.

It's a great mouse. Thank [insert diety] the onboard memory manager actually works. Otherwise I'd have tossed thing thing long ago.

August 2022. Still sucks, confirmed.
I last tried G-hub in 2020. I have a G502 hero. I've been using the Onboard Memory Manager ever since tossing that old version. g-hub is vastly over-complicated, non-intuitive, klunky, and just basically a pain in the ass. While poking my way around the software - a few small option changes here and there - I clicked on the 'onboard memory manager' button in it. Looked at it. No idea wtf they are trying to make easier for me. So I uninstall G-hub again. Fire up the Onboard Memory Manager...."Settings will not take effect until this device is switched to onboard mode within G HUB". What. The actual. Flibbermuff. I'm going to try a reboot first just in case that will "free" the onboard memory manager, as I seriously don't want to have to go through the tediously long and slow install just to flip a switch then uninstall again.

How can Logitech consider this release-quality software? Oh boy, a big new pulsating orb thingy, but the actual software seems barely unchanged, two years later.

It's a great mouse. Thank [insert diety] the onboard memory manager actually works. Otherwise I'd have tossed thing thing long ago.
I dumped Logitech for ROCCAT. Their mice are moire comfortable and their software works perfectly and is intuitive. Their CS is stellar too.

They changed the UI again recently. I can't decide if it's worse or better, but it's mainly just a visual change. Luckily, if you use the onboard memory function you never have to actually use it again. It sucks, but I can put up with almost anything if I only have to use it once. I like the hardware.

They changed the UI again recently. I can't decide if it's worse or better, but it's mainly just a visual change. Luckily, if you use the onboard memory function you never have to actually use it again. It sucks, but I can put up with almost anything if I only have to use it once. I like the hardware.
Im starting to not like Logitech mouses anymore. The old ones used to last me 5+ years easily. Now I am finding myself replacing it every 2-3 years. Some even shorter than that, a lot of the old ones are still kicking around after a decade but a lot of the recent ones have double clicking issues or just stopped working right outside of warranty. I love the ergonmics though and I find myself just buying an extra or 2 whenever they are on sale.

I too am enjoying my G502 Hero Lightspeed or whatever its called. This is tempting even though it probably wouldn't be any better functionally.

I figure I'll end up replacing mine with one of these if I ever have any issues with it. I usually need a new mouse every 4-5 years, so this one should have another 2 years of life. Hopefully by then the newer models will come down in price a little.

I figure I'll end up replacing mine with one of these if I ever have any issues with it. I usually need a new mouse every 4-5 years, so this one should have another 2 years of life. Hopefully by then the newer models will come down in price a little.
Mice and keyboards usually look pretty worn after a year or two with me given how much I use my computer. Since I use it for work and gaming. I tend to replace them at roughly that interval.

Mice and keyboards usually look pretty worn after a year or two with me given how much I use my computer. Since I use it for work and gaming. I tend to replace them at roughly that interval.

I use mine for work all day, but I don't game on KB/M all that much anymore. Just shooters and the occasional adventure game that benefits from looking around quickly. Then again, I go through an Xbox pad every 6 months. Luckily Best Buy has that $20 replacement plan I abuse like hell.

I'll be damned, you're right! I haven't checked in so long...

it's a trap? part of me suspects a trick to force us into ghub

🤣 jk thanks for the heads up

Last edited:
Back