Logitech Artemis Spectrum G933 7.1 Wireless Headset Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Yeah, these things were about the most uncomfortable headset I've ever used. They felt like vice grips on my (admittedly large) head.

Love the mic tests using SoundCloud. It is easy to see which of the headsets will sound presentable on a live stream, podcast, TeamSpeak / Discord, etc.

Thank you for the awesome review!! Listen, it's better to be a melon-head than a meat-head!

Attachments

• Meathead!.gif
    Meathead!.gif
    264.7 KB · Views: 0
I've been using G930s for a few years and have no real complaints; the virtual 7.1 delivers an overall better experience versus my actual (admittedly basic) 5.1 setup, to my ears. I'd give these a look should I need a replacement, if for no other reason than I'm a G-Key addict.

That said, I don't buy Logitech headsets for their durability. Though I've personally had no issue, it's fair to say you should expect more for the price.

Hey Kyle. Thanks for reviewing these. I have the corded version of these and I wouldn't say the sound quality is anywhere close to my bose stereo headphones I use when I travel, but they aren't terrible. I also don't have a "melon" head so I cannot comment there. :) They've been comfortable for me.

Do you really feel the Corsair wireless ones to be that much better? If so, I might have to pick some up. I might get a pair anyway for a secondary system and I could just move my current ones there.

Last edited:
Hey Kyle. Thanks for reviewing these. I have the corded version of these and I wouldn't say the sound quality is anywhere close to my bose stereo headphones I use when I travel, but they aren't terrible. I also don't have a "melon" head so I cannot comment there. :) They've been comfortable for me.

Do you really feel the Corsair wireless ones to be that much better? If so, I might have to pick some up. I need another pair anyway for a secondary system and I could just move my current ones there.
Going to quote myself from the conclusion.

"At publication time, the Corsair Void Pro in white, either wired or wireless is selling for $80. I love the Void Pros, and at $80, those are a steal."

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
We had nothing but problems with them and I use quite a bit of Logitech stuff, so I wanted these to work. They did not. Tried returning them to BB, and then tried getting them fixed with RMA, but it never panned out and eventually they went into the trash. I also have a melon head and these units were some of the worst I have tried to put on my melon...

10-12 hour battery life when in use is pretty decent, but why the hell does it die after 2 days when not used at all?

We had nothing but problems with them and I use quite a bit of Logitech stuff, so I wanted these to work. They did not. Tried returning them to BB, and then tried getting them fixed with RMA, but it never panned out and eventually they went into the trash. I also have a melon head and these units were some of the worst I have tried to put on my melon...
Could you be more specific about them not working?

10-12 hour battery life when in use is pretty decent, but why the hell does it die after 2 days when not used at all?
I did not leave mine unused for that long in a week, however, I did check battery levels when picking them back up uncharged and did not see any battery loss.

I tried these at Best Buy recently and did like them especially for the money but I ended up getting the Cloud Alphas because they were super comfortable and for gaming I actually think they sound better than my Sennheiser HD558 and are much more comfortable. I've got a fat head too and have no complaints even after wearing them for hours at a time gaming. Looking forward to seeing the [H] on them.

One of the reasons I went with the G933 recently was its compatibility with Xbox One, unfortunately the Void Pro does not have that. Also I have had more issues with Corsair quality on their headsets in the past than with Logitechs, which is unfortunately as I did prefer the wear and performance of my Vengeance headset over the G900.

How about a full Corsair Void Pro review? Or am I just not finding it on the site?
I guess I could go back and do a fairly complete review on those. I still have the box. :) And about 200 hours in Hunt Showdown with those. But no, I never reviewed those. I just bought those to use and kinda got on a kick here. No effin GPUs to write about. CPUs died down a bit unless you wanted 8086K coverage. Meh.

Really good review. Was there ever a review on the void pros? Can’t find one using search function on hardocp

Really good review. Was there ever a review on the void pros? Can’t find one using search function on hardocp
No, just bought them for myself and used those. I will probably go back and write a review since I refer to those so often.

I second or 10th that you do a review on the void pro headset. It sounds like it could be a winner and I too have a big head. One of the reasons I generally stay away from headsets for gaming audio. But all these reviews has me thinking about going that route. Just need a set that fits properly and sounds good with a good mic. And if they come in at $100 or less that would be even better.

Outside of when you are reviewing other headsets are the Corsair Void Pros still your go to headset or did one of these recent ones replace them as your preferred choice?
Gone back to the Voids. My son was all into the Alienware, so I let him roll with those.

My cousin bought a pair of these two years ago, and despite being a seemingly simple evolution of the prior 930 headset, the software on these was terrible for many months after he got them. Frequent drop outs, Mic dying for no reason, just really weird. Eventually a driver/firmware update finally worked all of that out and they're nice enough now, but for a while it was really terrible.

I tried wireless, but voice qual was poor, especially when linked to my phone -- Bluetooth 2-way audio is worse than old POTS lines.
I use a Sennheiser Game Zero now, it comes with cables for PC and for phone/laptop/tablet, works great for me on long teleconferences.

For a long time I used a set of Grado SR80 cans with a desk or lapel mic. Similar price range as these but great sound for the price.

Been looking for a decent wireless pair for when i dont want to use my wired. Thanks for link at end for the Corsairs, ordered them via the [H] amazon link.

I've had a 933 for about a year and a half now and honestly have no complaints. At first i had a few weird issues with the mic but after the latest firmware update was applied it has worked great. The range is great too, I tend to run to the kitchen for a snack or a drink in between rounds and it never loses connection. I have also never had issues with batter life or it going dead while off unless i forget to physically turn the power switch off, after a day or two it will run dead if left on. I have a pretty large head and after using it for a few weeks it became quite comfortable.

I use one of the G-keys for push to talk functionality. That way, I can grab something from the kitchen while gaming and still speak to friends. I don't like using voice activation for mic queuing in Discord or any of the other applications.

Interesting.

For me the G933 are the first headset that I can use consistently voice activation without issues. And I use loud keyboards, but somehow everything works: not enough sensitivity to pick up unwanted stuff, but enough not to miss the first half-word every time you say something.

I'm pretty sure Kyle got the impedance figures backwards (39 ohm active, 5k ohm passive).

Hey Kyle, you mention your go-to headset is the Void Pro. I assume this is the wireless headset you're talking about.

Did you try the original Void wireless headset? I have those now and I have a big ass head too. I have heard the ear cups are bigger/more comfortable with the Void Pro. If you tried the original Voids, do you see/feel a difference with the Void Pro? I am debating on the upgrade, if the ear muffs/size is improved.

Hey Kyle, you mention your go-to headset is the Void Pro. I assume this is the wireless headset you're talking about.

Did you try the original Void wireless headset? I have those now and I have a big ass head too. I have heard the ear cups are bigger/more comfortable with the Void Pro. If you tried the original Voids, do you see/feel a difference with the Void Pro? I am debating on the upgrade, if the ear muffs/size is improved.
I actually have two sets of the Voids here. I will give them a look.

the ear cups are definitely big on the void pro, honestly way to big for my ears and i have pretty big ears. i only have the band extended 3 ticks for each side for my big ass head and there's 9 total for each side so yeah i'd say they would fit any size head.

Much appreciated! Your review of these g933s convinced me to stay away. That big-head-itis I have sucks when you need to find new headsets.

Not as much as letting your uncle to try out your headset and see it snap in two lol.

the ear cups are definitely big on the void pro, honestly way to big for my ears and i have pretty big ears. i only have the band extended 3 ticks for each side for my big ass head and there's 9 total for each side so yeah i'd say they would fit any size head.
Void in white, Void Pro in yellow. Same exact frame. Void is stereo only, Void Pro is 7.1. Both fit the same.

IMG_20180702_091341.jpg IMG_20180702_091400.jpg

So I went out and bought a set of Void Pros since you seemed to like them so much. I will agree that they fit more comfortably than the Logitechs, though I never found the G933s to be uncomfortable (I have a smaller head). That said, I found the microphone to be less good and the overall sound quality to be not as good as the Logitechs, at least when DTS:X is enabled on the G933s. They left me wanting a bit more in terms of punch especially in the bass. I will say that they can go quite loud without distortion which is nice.

At $79 for a Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset, you can't beat that, however. I don't regret buying them, but I am probably going to be using the G933s more than not and these will go on a secondary system.

Thanks for your review, as always, Kyle! :)

It never ceases to amaze me how bad product managers screw up something that could be a great product.

Maybe do some test studies with various people before releasing a product?

It's not hard to make something that fits a majority of people without clenching death grip.

It's not hard to make something aesthetically pleasing.

Can't do stereo well? You have a problem.

Dolby surround sounds like ass? Don't put it in your product.

But I do appreciate the review. I'm still looking for a decent dts 7.1 or equivalent wireless that doesn't look like ass.

The Void Pro is outstanding at 79.99. I actually was messing around with my older headsets recently and I forgot how uncomfortable they are compared to the Void Pro. Like Kyle said I believe the frame is the same on the old Void. The Void Pro has a better microphone experience (albeit not as good as some other wireless headsets) and the drivers are tuned a little differently (although I EQ it up either way) but otherwise I always run them in stereo. Keep in mind I prefer sound accuracy to "fake bass" (as I like to call it) and I find these to be a nice balance (some 40mm models, like Plantronics RIG, have better accuracy while other 50mm models, like Razer's Kraken, are more bass-heavy) for gaming.

Last edited:
There are really better headsets for this kind of money.
I have it, and, it performs okay (my head size is almost not too big lol), it's too expensive.
Though I'd agree on surround performance.

Good headset for lower price than MSRP.

Maybe my hearing is off but I came to different conclusions on the microphones listening to those sound clips.

To me, the AW988 and HS70 sound the worst. Their sound is lower fidelity, like it has been processed at a lower sample rate of 22 khz or something.

The microphones on the G933 and Void Pro both sound good to me, with maybe the G933 sounding a tiny bit higher quality but is quieter with a ton of reverb (is there a setting to get rid of this?).

They all sounded good enough for gaming though for sure.

Maybe my hearing is off but I came to different conclusions on the microphones listening to those sound clips.

To me, the AW988 and HS70 sound the worst. Their sound is lower fidelity, like it has been processed at a lower sample rate of 22 khz or something.

The microphones on the G933 and Void Pro both sound good to me, with maybe the G933 sounding a tiny bit higher quality but is quieter with a ton of reverb (is there a setting to get rid of this?).

They all sounded good enough for gaming though for sure.
Surely the mic quality is subjective. And that is why we have you the sound sample. It worked fine for gaming and I had no issues with it.

Back