Logitech Acquires Saitek for $13 Million

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Flight-sim aficionados should be familiar with Saitek and their catalog of flight sticks and controllers. The company has been bought by Logitech, which is evidently interested in jumping into the simulation community.

Logitech gaming vice president Ujesh Desai said in a blog post that the company is excited about becoming a "bigger part of the simulation community." "We already make gaming wheels for the driving simulation market and this new line of products will provide an even more complete experience," he said. "We care about this space and want to do right by its fans. We have a vision that will take these products further, faster." Desai added that more updates were on the way, as integration of Saitek's products into Logitech G's portfolio progresses. Saitek was founded in 1979 and acquired by MadCatz in 2007 for $30 million.

Saitek had earned quite the bad rep for shit quality control of late, especially with the recent rise of flight sims and space games. And when Thrustmaster has the $40 T.16000M, that stick is going to put companies out of business.

Probably for the best, PC peripheral market is shrinking fast. Might as well consolidate

I think that the simulation community is just too small to run a company on. But I remember being a youngster in the early 90's drooling over the Thrustmaster FLCS and TQS peripherals that were basically ripped right out of an F-16. Wanted that for my Falcon 3.0 game sooooooo bad! :D Saitek was always a good cheaper alternative for my Pizza Hut working budget.

I have a Saitek HOTAS setup in a closet somewhere but now use the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro just because it is more convenient. The best stick/throttle/pedals I ever owned was a CH setup. I could use the pedals for both flightsims and racing sims with the switch of a button. Their sticks are very smooth but that setup used gameport on the the soundcard so was superseded by USB. Can't even buy CH gear in the stores here anymore and have to order online.

Logitech is a quality company so them buying Saitek is good. Both my keyboard and mouse are Logitech.

Logitech is a quality company so them buying Saitek is good.
yeah, I still remember their screw up making the G940 HOTAS, and it was all because they decided to save a few pennies along the way; so much for quality. Rather than fix the goofs, they simply ignored it and stopped making it. It will be a while before I buy another Logitech product.

I had (have?) a Saitek Stick/Throttle. Alas, it wasn't USB, so it became obsolete. Before that I had a Thrustmaster flight stick (not the high end HOTAS rig), but it took isn't USB. If I get back into Space Sims, I'd probably look at the Thrustmaster, but I'd need a place where you can feel it. Fry's has it, but it's not on display and I"m not dropping 500 bucks without seeing how it feels.

I had (have?) a Saitek Stick/Throttle. Alas, it wasn't USB, so it became obsolete. Before that I had a Thrustmaster flight stick (not the high end HOTAS rig), but it took isn't USB. If I get back into Space Sims, I'd probably look at the Thrustmaster, but I'd need a place where you can feel it. Fry's has it, but it's not on display and I"m not dropping 500 bucks without seeing how it feels.

They make USB adapters for the old gameport equipment. I looked on amazon and found a couple under $20. Here's one : https://www.amazon.com/game-Adapter-Rockfire-RM-203-gameport/dp/B004HAX7OU

I feel like an idiot for selling my old logitech wheel... it was gameport and I never used it so I put it on Ebay and basically gave it away. But that was a LONG time ago before I learned how to ebay properly.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
They make USB adapters for the old gameport equipment. I looked on amazon and found a couple under $20. Here's one : https://www.amazon.com/game-Adapter-Rockfire-RM-203-gameport/dp/B004HAX7OU

I feel like an idiot for selling my old logitech wheel... it was gameport and I never used it so I put it on Ebay and basically gave it away. But that was a LONG time ago before I learned how to ebay properly.
hmm. I'll have to dig through my storage and see if I sill have it. I think I do, but i might have tossed it.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My saitek x52 pro is perfect for Elite Dangerous. It is probably the most recommended model for that game.

Back