Locked out of my phone for 72 hours.

Florin22xxl

Limp Gawd
Hello guys,
Just bought a Nexus 5x from someone (delivered not face to face) and i can't sign in with my email,its always telling me to use the previous owner mail.The former owner said he reseted the phone from the google account not from the phone itself.
From what i read online a security measure has triggered on the phone and i can't do anything about it....he even game me his email/password to use,but that doesnt work eighter.
Is there nothing i can do but wait 3 days?Will i be able to add my email after those 3 days expire?
When did the countdown start?The moment he reseted the phone?He reseted the phone on tuesday night so i need to wait untill friday night for 3 days to pass,but he changed the password to the email today.Will any of this have an impact?

Thank you!

Do you plan on using Google Fi? Just order a new SIM card from Google. It might take those 3 days anyway for it to ship. It'd be worth it for security reasons alone.

Last I checked, Project Fi is locked to gmail accounts. So there's that hurdle as well.

thats not really an option for me....basicaly i just want to find out the source to my problem and how to fix it.
1.the previous owner reset the phone remotely,via his g-mail account. (have no ideea why he did this).
2.i accesed the phone today and tried to put in my gmail account.
3.after i contacted him ,he reseted his gmail account password and gave me the account.
I think step 3 triggered the 72h restriction.I was reading if you change the password to the gmail account before reseting the phone you will get 3 day ban.
Why did the phone ask for the original gmail account in the first place?Because he reseted the phone remotely or there can be another issue?

My last question is my most important,hard to find a definite answer online...

The whole process sounds like it should trigger something. You've basically described what a thief might do if they somehow stole both your email & phone. So props to Google for putting on the brakes, if that is indeed the case here.

You probably won't find answers online because most customers buying a first or second hand phone will get their own SIM card and be done with it. Good luck.

Back