locating hardforum member

Status
Not open for further replies.

buschman31

2[H]4U
Would anyone know how to get in touch with the family of (Elain)? I had a deal with him on an ipad3. He was holding it for me until i made my final pymt on it. he last logged on 8/4. i found an article in the Portland Or obit of a person by that name that was killed in a biking accident 8/5. Have already sent a mod a pm regarding this so dont know what else i can do to get a relative's name and number.

Last edited:
Please don't post personal info. I'm not seeing anyone by that username....?

The only thing I can tell you is that his latest recorded IP's match that geographic location but that's not always reliable. I checked the email address we had on file on google and didn't see anything to corroborate anything else. I would make damn sure it was the same person before contacting the family..and even then...I probably wouldn't contact the family over a few hundred dollars but that's me.

If you paid via Paypal or anything you could always file a dispute, a lack of response should win it for you.

Hrm...actually just found something that makes it pretty convincing that it's the same guy. Not concrete, but it's a heck of a coincidence. I'll PM it to you since linking it would show his real name.

I'd consider the money gone. You couldn't pay for it in one shot and the member may have met an untimely demise which. Wouldn't go asking family members for the money back at this point.

the way things r looking, not so good. dont even know if pp will take a dispute that was done in April.

the way things r looking, not so good. dont even know if pp will take a dispute that was done in April.

Why would you PayPal dispute this? Someone died, just move on. You never paid for the item in full, and PayPal doesn't let you make payments so I suspect you were sending the money as a Gift which means no refunds.

Also if you made the deal in April and hadn't paid for it by August and still didn't have the item, you should evaluate your monetary situation.

Why would you PayPal dispute this? Someone died, just move on. You never paid for the item in full, and PayPal doesn't let you make payments so I suspect you were sending the money as a Gift which means no refunds.

Also if you made the deal in April and hadn't paid for it by August and still didn't have the item, you should evaluate your monetary situation.

Dead people can't spend money.

Well this is all around depressing. I don't know how I would handle this situation as the buyer.

dont understand your logic on that. even though the person is persumed decreased and i havent paid the remaining balance or received the item, money was still payed. MY MONEY. not yours or anyone else's. if u dont like the situation then pls refrain from posting any more negative comments. i understand what u r saying but its still my money. and i'm not trying to contact the family regarding this issue. its between me, paypal and my bank.

I bet you sent it as a gift right? NOPE. satisfied now? I started to add another comment to your statement but as they say. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. but yours was just being negative. plus pp claim was filed.

Last edited by a moderator:
He asked a simple question and everyone went all off the deep end. What might not be a lot of money to some people, may be a lot to someone else. The fact is,yes, it is his money, getting it back will most likely never happen, but advice is all that was asked out of this post. I promise you this. Let that man die owing you a million dollars and see how fast you would be crying over the money then. So, that goes back to this. If you will go after your million,then your a hypocrite.

from the sticky:

If you wish to contribute to someone else's thread, please consider carefully whether your post will answer the thread starters question, or help them resolve their trading problem. If you do not have first hand information concerning a situation, or useful/relevant information DO NOT POST.

As of 9/08, paypal ruled in my favor today when i filed the claim 10 days ago. since no response from tj computers(elian) amt was reversed and sent back to my bank card

As of 9/08, paypal ruled in my favor today when i filed the claim 10 days ago. since no response from tj computers(elian) amt was reversed and sent back to my bank card

Pretty fair speed for PayPal to resolve the issue. Good to see PayPal does something other than send me spam emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back