Loads of Spam on Gmail (in the junk folder)

s10010001

Supreme [H]ardness
Dose anyone elese get alot of spam on there Gmail?

the junk filter get it all, i hardly ever get spam in my inbox, but there was seriously 378 item in my spam box, for the last 3 days

I(illa Bee said:
hmmmm ...

Do you use the . adressing?

I know it is anecdotal but people I know who use the . adressing seem to get more than me.

I didnt for the longest time. Then I stumbled upon a link to one of those Free Ipod pyramid schemes when I wasnt in the right state of mind, and it didnt seem like a idea to give my everyday email (my old hotmail account didnt even cross my mind)... Loads of spam in the spam folder since then, but i've never had any in the inbox.

i get about 2 or 3 a day in my gmail inbox. it's the great "spiced ham" filter than keeps me going back to gmail. i get about 20 per day in my yahoo inbox. no thanks. i had one get by gmail's filter once, it ended up in my inbox, i marked it as junk, and havent had any problems since. i dont care if i get 1000 junk messages a day if gmail catches them all.

yea as long as Gmail contiunes to get them all then i dont care, its jsut funny how many I get...

Thats why usually when I sign up for stuff, I just use my yahoo one... i don't even check it anymore. I like my gmail pristine!

Gmail > all, so far for me.

I've had my gmail account for a year and a half now and I still only get maybe 1 spam message a week. I thought it was broken for the first couple months. Of course I use that email for just that, email. Not signups or anything else of that nature. That is what hotmail is for. :D

spam.jpg

About 50 per day, but almost never a single one in the inbox.

I use one of my gmail accts for spam, and I use my personal mail server for everything else.

I love it.

Milenko said:
I use one of my gmail accts for spam, and I use my personal mail server for everything else.

I love it.

Same here, but even my spam account doesn't get much. Even my main account sees only perhaps one or two per month (correctly filtered), and I'm not as selective as I used to be about giving out my email.

carl67lp said:
Same here, but even my spam account doesn't get much. Even my main account sees only perhaps one or two per month (correctly filtered), and I'm not as selective as I used to be about giving out my email.
same here. i get roughly the same amount of junk mail in my personal account as i do in my signups account.

I get 2-5 in my inbox daily, about 50-70 in the spam box. I love gmail.

I don't get much spam, but some actual spam slips through, mostly emails from the Nigerian scammers. I just want to keep my main gmail account as clean as possible, so I set up a second gmail account (just my main email with SPAM after it, real original huh) to take care of things when I sign up for useless things that require email addresses.

On average though, I'll probably get like 1 spam a month, if even that much. Ever since I marked my roommate as spam though, that average has moved up to about 3 a week. :p

I get maybe one spam in my spam box every 2 or 3 days. That's it. I've never had a spam email make it through to the inbox.

Lot of spam is operator error. ;) I've had my gmail since april and i only have 136.

Well, when you've been using the same e-mail address since 1999, spam has a way of finding you. Especially since my address is [email protected] (I have charter redirect all mail to my g-mail account)

My dad gets a few spam mails a week. But the thing is, he hasn't even givin out his gmail name to anybody but his brother... Atleast the spammers know to send him emails in spanish. :rolleyes:

Back