LMAO @ this 8086k pricing

I know the single core turbo frequency doesn't technically guarantee that all cores could run that speed but the odds are it will on Intel CPUs. Again show me One desktop Intel CPU that cannot run at the advertised single-core turbo speed across all cores when overclocking. Again as I just mentioned earlier multicore enhancement is on by default for many boards so plenty of people are going to get 5 ghz on all 6 cores without even doing anything anyway.

You know I can't show you a single core 5 GHz that can't run all cores 5 GHz. Can you show me that all single core 5 GHz processors can do 5 GHz across all cores. No you can't. I said that there is no guarantee and there is not. Just because there is a switch in the BIOS to enable multicore enhancement doesn't mean you are going to hit 5 GHz on all cores in this case.

Last edited:
It's 86% not 81%. We don't know what binning Intel had to do to get single core to 5ghz, really, because we don't know the range of voltages they are configured to operate at stock. Obviously they had to do SOME since otherwise the 8700K would have a 5ghz turbo and it doesn't. Again, Intel's standards for stock and our standards for overclocking are different. Intel needs a better chip than the average 8700K to set stock turbo to 5ghz because they want the CPUs to run normally with normal heatsinks. It's still a consumer product.

There is nothing normal about the heat output and voltage requirements of even a nicely binned 8700K running at 5ghz all core turbo, especially without delidding, so even if it is binned such that it can do 5.2 or 5.3ghz with SL-level voltages, Intel would never ever enable that for stock CPUs, it would be crazy.

Yes, that was some older SL statistics I had on hand. This is a K processor, not a consumer targeted product (especially at it's price point). Again I would wager that 5 GHz on a single core doesn't require much binning. It is 300 MHz above the stock 8700k. If you get a Silicon Lottery 5 GHz all-core 8700K for about the same price and I will bet you can get a single core 5 GHz at stock voltages on them. I just see no advantage in giving Intel more $$ when they are robbing from 8700k buyers to make more money selling binned 8700k for more $$ as something special. You are free to drink the look-aid if you want, I won;t.

Last edited:
You know I can't show you a single core 5 GHz that can't run all cores 5 GHz. Can you show me that all single core 5 GHz processors can do 5 GHz across all cores. No you can't. I said that there is no guarantee and there is not. Just because there is a switch in the BIOS to enable multicore enhancement (which doesn't mean you are going to hit 5 GHz on all cores in this case.
I already told you that technically no it does not guarantee it. Again though every single Intel k CPU can run it's advertised Turbo single core speed on all cores. I really doubt the anniversary chip will be the first chip by Intel that can't fucking do that. But hey keep arguing for the sake of arguing if you really get a boner out of that.

I already told you that technically no it does not guarantee it. Again though every single Intel CPU can run it's advertised Turbo single core speed on all cores. I really doubt the anniversary chip will be the first chip by Intel that can't fucking do that. But hey keep arguing for the sake of arguing if you really get a fucking boner out of that.

What you said is contradictory. You said that a not every single Intel chip can run turbo on all cores but that you doubt that the anniversary chip can't be the first chip that won't. WTF are you arguing against?

upload_2018-6-10_23-2-58.png

What you said is contradictory. You said that a not every single Intel chip can run turbo on all cores but that you doubt that the anniversary chip can't be the first chip that won't. WTF are you arguing against?
What in the hell are you talking about? What I said was that every Intel CPU can run its advertised single-core turbo speed on all of its available cores if overclocking. I said that over and over but clearly you fucking get off on just arguing.

What in the hell are you talking about? What I said was that every Intel CPU can run its advertised single-core turbo speed on all of its available cores if overclocking. I said that over and over but clearly you fucking get off on just arguing.

Whatever. You said you agreed with me then kept arguing some nonsense , Later.

Back