LMAO Planetside $9.99

If there wasn't a subscription fee I'd play it. But $13.00(or whatever it costs) a month is insane for that type of game.

Doesn't look like you get a trial subscription with this either. I might be willing to try it if I got a month free.

Purchase a full version of PlanetSide and receive your cd key with 1 month subscription then head into PlanetSide to live the adventure of a lifetime! After your purchase you will be taken to a page that delivers your key and gives you a URL to download the software.

Meh. It's decent and all and could be really fun at times, but there wasn't enough to keep me interested. Mind you, it actually involved strategy and flying around was just :cool:

I wouldn't really get into it again though, especially after they added the expansion.

A few months ago I downloaded the 7 day trial. Don't need a credit card for that thing. I played beta and got pretty bored after like lvl 14 or something, but the 7 days free was a nice break from my other games.

i think the price is down because they are shutting down the planetside servers in 6 months or a year or something. i read about it in pcgamer.

Millow said:
i think the price is down because they are shutting down the planetside servers in 6 months or a year or something. i read about it in pcgamer.
Wow, I didn't think the game was that big of a failure. Can't believe they would do this, they must be spending more money keeping it up than what they are collecting in service fees.

when you buy it in store you get 30 days free, not sure about online.

Planetside is a lot of fun to play, it's worth paying if you play it often.

the tweaks they did to make the game playable killed it for me. They shortened the draw distances so much that it made snipers useless. You had get so close to someone to see them that you lost any advantage that being a sniper had.

I think I lasted maybe 8 months in the game. But I beta tested the core combat expansion, saw what a trainwreck that was going to be, and cancelled.

Back