LL PC-A05N to fit HD5870 cards ?

Phrik

Gawd

What ya think ? Will fit right, with the HDD cage still mounted and have a DVD drive as well ? I've checked and searched and I haven't found anyone or any evidence to it at all.

Cheers for any info !

What ya think ? Will fit right, with the HDD cage still mounted and have a DVD drive as well ? I've checked and searched and I haven't found anyone or any evidence to it at all.

Cheers for any info !

According to 3DGameMan, the HIS 5870 is 11". I just measured my GTX 260 and it's 10.5" with about 3/8" to spare before the HDD cage. So, my guess is no it will not fit without removing the HDD cage. Usually, the 16x PCIe slot is the first one, but if you have another slot below it, and move around your DVD drive you could fit. I hope this helps!

I know its fits the A05B. I don't know about the A05N as the HDD cage is different.

Heres a pic of it in the a05b

IMG00071-20090924-20312.jpg

Tight fit for sure.

I know its fits the A05B. I don't know about the A05N as the HDD cage is different.

Heres a pic of it in the a05b

[MG]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn33/iandh27/IMG00071-20090924-20312.jpg[/IMG]

Tight fit for sure.
Is it just me, or is the fan on your CPU heatsink facing the wrong way?

Thanks for all the info, and I will give it a good measurement as well as I do have the first series of the A05 and it may be the same with the A05B. Problem is, I can no longer get the older series A05 or A05B in the market, and that the only available model is now A05N, so I still do need a little bit more confirmation the A05N.

Anyone else has a comment or has experience to this ?

Thanks for everything !

edit: typo

In the N it may be a better fit I think the hard drive cage does not stick out as far. I could be wrong though. My GTX260 fits no problem though if that helps any.

How many inches away is it from the edge of the hdd cage to the edge of the video card ? And which 260 do u have ?

Thanks ;) if you can get that for me I could say case closed ;)

I don't know how much room is left, but I have the 55nm reference-cooler GTX260. Here's a pic of my case:
DSC_0274-1.jpg

Sorry about the nasty wiring, I cleaned it up since then, but I just haven't taken any pics since then.
(There are so many wires for the video card because I had two in there, but one died, so I am waiting on RMA)

It's not too good at showing it, however if you put electrical tape or something on the top of the hard drive bay, if it's not very far overlap, you can set it on top of the cage and it seems like it wouldn't be bac, but don't take that as legal advise... haha.

It's making me a bit hesitant about this at the moment. Anyone else also would like to share their thoughts and/or experience ?

Thanks a bunch !

And still thanks for the info mrmylanman !

Bear in mind, you can always shoehorn it into the external 3.5" drive bay as well, and take the hard drive bay out of the case, if you are only using one hard drive. It is only screwed in.

That I do know, the thing is that's not the case of my plan.

I will be having 2 HDDs total in there, 1 on the floppy slot, and 1 within the cage. I will be watercooling on this case, so the HDD cage will be my pump holder and also to hold 1 HDD. I will be using most of my current pump, rad and res on the new setup as well.

I gotcha that makes sense then. I want to eventually water cool my case, but I don't have the funds presently to do that.

Just a confirmation, it does fit....

...but minus the HDD cage.

The HDD cage is removable by screws, LUCKILY !! So no modding necessary for the cage. I have removed the cage, and replaced it with something much smaller, http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000TFZS4O/ref=ox_ya_oh_product (Amazon Germany), but works just as great. That extension should hold another HDD and the pump.

I'll make some pictures when I get back home from the holiday seasons !

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just a confirmation, it does fit....

...but minus the HDD cage.

The HDD cage is removable by screws, LUCKILY !! So no modding necessary for the cage. I have removed the cage, and replaced it with something much smaller, http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000TFZS4O/ref=ox_ya_oh_product (Amazon Germany), but works just as great. That extension should hold another HDD and the pump.

I'll make some pictures when I get back home from the holiday seasons !

Can you (or anyone) find me a comparable extension on a USA site for sale?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
With my Rampage Formula it will fit because the PCI-E slot is one slot higher.

P1020739.jpg

P1020740.jpg

Planning to buy myself a 5870 2GB when they will be released.

Back