live previews

I don't know what file manager you're using, but if you use nautilus it will show previews for pictures/videos/pdf/etc. Not sure for powerpoint if that's what you're looking for in particular. Most file managers should be able to do that, really.

he is using vista, ummm I dunno if any of the window managers will show you live previews in the folders like that....

notice it's powerpoint, I'm doubtfull it would do the same for an open office presentation.

so there is no way to do this yet? that sucks. and it is usefull to have so hopefully it will be implemented soon. i mean it cant take that many lines of code to make. thanks for the help

so there is no way to do this yet? that sucks. and it is usefull to have so hopefully it will be implemented soon. i mean it cant take that many lines of code to make. thanks for the help

You have to understand it's application specific. They pretty much have to pull code from the application to fetch images of the slides or reverse engineer the file format. I wouldn't say it's a lot of code it's more a lot of integration.

exactly,
GNOME already has some pretty good thumbnail previews of a wide variety of fileformat, what it doesn't have is this "preview of folder" since this is a new thing

Linux has Virtual desktop's Does Vista?
Linux has 3D cube for its virtual desktop's Does Vista?
Linux has the middle-mouse for paste, Does Vista?

There are alot of things that Linux does that really slows down my work when I use windows. IF this is of use, or someone does the work then this feature will appear. In fact KDE4 might have it

its not a new feature since it was in windows xp as well. and all that would be needed is to take the existing screenshots that it already indexed and apply a few of them to the emblem of the folder, and i realize that linux has alot of extra features that windows does not and that is why i am trying to learn how to use it the best i can i just wish that i could request certain features to be integrated instead of hoping it will get in eventually.

its not a new feature since it was in windows xp as well. and all that would be needed is to take the existing screenshots that it already indexed and apply a few of them to the emblem of the folder, and i realize that linux has alot of extra features that windows does not and that is why i am trying to learn how to use it the best i can i just wish that i could request certain features to be integrated instead of hoping it will get in eventually.

I am sure that you could pay a developer to implement the feature(s) that you want for your particular distribution/ window-manager.

Back