Little Rock Arkansas LAN Party:

I'm also up for a LAN in this area. MY buddy is having a LAN in Russellville soon, so if you are interested, let know and I will see if he has some open spots.

No necro here.

I would definately take a 24 port gig switch. I have a 24 port 10/100 that I got off craigslist. I will look into the gamezone alpha, but as I have found out with several local game places (board games) - their biggest days/nights for their games is saturday and most of them around here pack the places on Saturdays from noon to late at night.

I am leaning more towards the library solution just to get something going/started. From there we can look into possibly moving it, but for the short term, we could actually get it going, plus other than the hours, the facility is top notch!

no probs.. if anyone else in the area wants a free 24pt 1000mb switch, lmk.

Bump to the top and an update:

I would still like to get something started for this, but the unfortunate reality right now is I have yet to find a good location to host a LAN. Ie: Free with internet lol.

The local library would work, BUT they close at 6pm and only have wifi wireless.

I *MAY* have a local solution at my house. My landlord has an office building on the property that used to be his work office. I could fit maybe 6 people inside or 8 MAX for a small LAN. I would have to run a CAT 6 cable from my home router to the office, but it might work.

Can I get a show of hands to see if anyone would be up for this type of a set up? Cost would be $10 per person and the money would essentially go to my landlord if he was ok with it.

I am going to say 6 ppl max for now.

Also, does anyone know how long a CAt 6 cable can go before you get data degradation?

I have Comcast business cable 20mb down, 6mb up - so it should be plenty fast.

Have a 24 port gig switch as well.

I'm game. Let me know if we need anything as far as hardware. (I actually still have a few extra switches if we need them)

Haha I bet you do. Thanks again for the switch. I actually havent even powered it up. :)

While I have your attention, is there any length limitation to a cat 5e or 6 cable? I am thinking I would need one 200-250' long to get it to the office from my house....

Haha I bet you do. Thanks again for the switch. I actually havent even powered it up. :)

While I have your attention, is there any length limitation to a cat 5e or 6 cable? I am thinking I would need one 200-250' long to get it to the office from my house....

I think it's just over 328ft per segment iirc.

Back