List of PS3.0 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by creedAMD
psst.. here's one number69, get him. He'll never see you coming. Call him a fanboy first, that gets the target in a frenzy, when he's not looking, dazzle him with your fancy intellect, this will make it easier for the kill.

Again, Creed if you stop crying long enough, I was simply posting a list of PS3.0 games. I wasn't debating the difference between PS2.0 and 3.0 you turned the thread into that.

Either way i'll probably be buying both cards from ATI and Nvidia again this round because I have two rigs. So either way I'm happy.:D

Nice a double winner as I cant see no one being a loser this round :D

EDIT: may have jumped in a little quick there we have yet to see what ATI have to offer damn me and my presumptions, I hope its close as we get a price war that way :D :D :D

Originally posted by crazyspike
Nice a double winner as I cant see no one being a loser this round :D

Yep.

This bit is interesting:

"This equates to R420 having PARTIAL PS3.0 and FULL VS3.0 but because of the few features missing from PS3.0 they cannot gain the credence of full SM3.0, this is the best knowledge we have at the moment and still nothing is certain until ATI release there hardware but no one has been able to find any other explanation for why microsoft would rewrite DX9.0c at ATI's request to use these features in this way, this is a good reason why evryone is convinced ATI will not adopt FULL SM3.0."

I would like to know the source of this information, where crazyspike got this from, so we know how valid it is.

Originally posted by number69
Again, Creed if you stop crying long enough, I was simply posting a list of PS3.0 games. I wasn't debating the difference between PS2.0 and 3.0 you turned the thread into that.

Either way i'll probably be buying both cards from ATI and Nvidia again this round because I have two rigs. So either way I'm happy.:D

Well you are the one that beat me down and made me cry by hurting my intarweb feelwings, you little genius, you!!

Why would you buy both? If the 6800u series is dominant and the lower points achieve bang for the buck, all three of my rigs will be sporting the nvidia name(along with the chipsets that is)

The source is the specs for DX9.0c on microsofts site :D

Edit: it is also all over beyond 3d and is common knowledge now, id of thought so here too.

The source is the specs for DX9.0c on microsofts site :D

I'm talking about the information about ATI's new card and what it will support.

Yep.

This bit is interesting:

"This equates to R420 having PARTIAL PS3.0 and FULL VS3.0 but because of the few features missing from PS3.0 they cannot gain the credence of full SM3.0, this is the best knowledge we have at the moment and still nothing is certain until ATI release there hardware but no one has been able to find any other explanation for why microsoft would rewrite DX9.0c at ATI's request to use these features in this way, this is a good reason why evryone is convinced ATI will not adopt FULL SM3.0."

I would like to know the source of this information, where crazyspike got this from, so we know how valid it is.

That's a good one!!! Ask for sources first before attacking them! I see you are taking my advice. Learn from your mistakes and it will make your life here at the [H] a better one! Kudos!

I'm talking about the information about ATI's new card and what it will support.

fanboy meter is getting overloaded!! Back down!! Back down!!!

Read my post more carefully, those specs are based on microsoft changing the specs to allow for it at ATI's request, why would they request that and have it work in such a way if they do not intend to use it, this is what convinced most people that ATI will not have full SM3.0 spec, otherwise we would still be saying hey its got SM3.0, I actually thought everyone new this.

I reccomend you have a squander at beyond 3D as they may have archived what microsoft originally had wrote up for DX9.0c

That's a good one!!! Ask for sources first before attacking them! I see you are taking my advice. Learn from your mistakes and it will make your life here at the [H] a better one! Kudos!

Creed, I know you're red faced and annoyed from your losing battle before, but trolling after me now is moronic.

I put a list of PS3.0 games up and this guy turns this thread into his own personal debate and tries to hijack the thread and turn it into a game of symantics.

Who the hell gets annoyed over a list of games?

Beauty.

Read my post more carefully, those specs are based on microsoft changing the specs to allow for it at ATI's request, why would they request that and have it work in such a way if they do not intend to use it, this is what convinced most people that ATI will not have full SM3.0 spec, otherwise we would still be saying hey its got SM3.0, I actually thought everyone new this.

I reccomend you have a squander at beyond 3D as they may have archived what microsoft originally had wrote up for DX9.0c

Beyond3d would leave him in the fetal posistion crying for mommy.

Creed, I know you're red faced and annoyed from your losing battle before, but trolling after me now is moronic.

I put a list of PS3.0 games up and this guy turns this thread into his own personal debate and tries to hijack the thread and turn it into a game of symantics.

Who the hell gets annoyed over a list of games?

Beauty.

You're just digging your hole deeper, I thought you were going to turn over a new leaf? It lasted 2 posts. Bwhahahaa.. I feel sorry for the people that have to deal with you in real life.

I got ya, I don't visit Beyond3D much at all. I don't pretend to be a video card designer and guru.

Point is all I wanted to do was list a bunch of games that will support PS3.0, not debate what ATI will and will not support.

I got ya, I don't visit Beyond3D much at all. I don't pretend to be a video card designer and guru.

Point is all I wanted to do was list a bunch of games that will support PS3.0, not debate what ATI will and will not support.

Why start a thread for discussion? Then try to limit what people say in your thread?

Oh the irony!! You rock!!!

You're just digging your hole deeper, I thought you were going to turn over a new leaf? It lasted 2 posts. Bwhahahaa.. I feel sorry for the people that have to deal with you in real life.

Creed, are we now pretending that this thread is all about the topic you tried to turn it into? The fanboy Nvidia vs ATI fodder that you wink, wink, don't indulge in. LMAO.

It's a list of games Creed, get over it.

You must have some buildings you're designing and have more important things to do than hijack my thread.

Then again obvioulsy not.

rofl.gif

Its not so much your fault as the link to the forum where these games were found, its a positive flamefest of people saying this is the reason ATI will get pasted and there are some here who took that very same position, it sort of inevitable at these times, but I was just letting people know SM3.0 means dick graphics wise as ATI can do everything Nvidia can. :D :D :D

Why start a thread for discussion? Then try to limit what people say in your thread?

I'm not trying to limit anything. I listed a bunch of games. You exposed yourself as a fanboy, I called you on it and now you're going after me like a drunken whining housewife. In fact the more you keep trolling after me the more i'm loving it because you taking everything you said in the first two pages and wiping your ass with it.

rofl.gif

Its not so much your fault as the link to the forum where these games were found, its a positive flamefest of people saying this is the reason ATI will get pasted and there are some here who took that very same position, it sort of inevitable at these times, but I was just letting people know SM3.0 means dick graphics wise as ATI can do everything Nvidia can. :D :D :D

He actually thinks we are too stupid to see this. To just say here is a list of games as a thread title is trolling. He didn't even say, I am looking forward to this game or anything to try to hide the trolling. Too easy, like Duck [H]unt.

number69, how do you expect me to work when I can be owning you, instead? hahahaha

Hopefully some more sites look into it and come to the same conclusion, if they come to the same conclusion.

I'm not trying to limit anything. I listed a bunch of games. You exposed yourself as a fanboy, I called you on it and now you're going after me like a drunken whining housewife. In fact the more you keep trolling after me the more i'm loving it because you taking everything you said in the first two pages and wiping your ass with it.

rofl.gif

You got me, I'm a fanboy, a fanboy of people with intelligence, you tried to insult our intelligence and got pwnd. Go troll somewhere else. You stepped on your dick.

Hopefully some more sites look into it and come to the same conclusion, if they come to the same conclusion.

you act as if someone has pissed in your wheaties.. the proof is in the pudding. I hope they do come to the same conclusion. Competition is good, can't you fucking see that, or has the green glaze made you that stupid?

He actually thinks we are too stupid to see this. To just say here is a list of games as a thread title is trolling. He didn't even say, I am looking forward to this game or anything to try to hide the trolling. Too easy, like Duck [H]unt.

number69, how do you expect me to work when I can be owning you, instead? hahahaha

You actually think we're too stupid to realize that you see a list of PS3.0 games, you get annoyed by it, hijack my thread, call me a fanboy, say i'm pimping, and you think we don't think you're a ATI fanboy?

LOL.

Creed, give up my son, it's over, take a breath, let it go.

you act as if someone has pissed in your wheaties.. the proof is in the pudding. I hope they do come to the same conclusion. Competition is good, can't you fucking see that, or has the green glaze made you that stupid?

There's no pudding to put the proof into.

Either way, I can care less, both cards are mine like I said. You're pissing up a rope.

Information like that surely has to rise above just a thread on Beyond 3D and onto other major sites such as HArdOCP as major news at some point. We'll wait and see. You're still taking it from the angle that I don't want ATI to be able to support this stuff. Wrong. I just want to see what other sites have to say about this.

Either way it's win win for me baby. :)

You actually think we're too stupid to realize that you see a list of PS3.0 games, you get annoyed by it, hijack my thread, call me a fanboy, say i'm pimping, and you think we don't think you're a ATI fanboy?

LOL.

Creed, give up my son, it's over, take a breath, let it go.

Why do insist to call me a fanboy, do realize how stupid this makes you? After complaining about 18 posts of me saying that I will buy whichever card is faster. You do realize what fanboy means right? Are you smart enough to understand?

There's no pudding to put the proof into.

Either way, I can care less, both cards are mine like I said. You're pissing up a rope.

Information like that surely has to rise above just a thread on Beyond 3D and onto other major sites such as HArdOCP as major news at some point. We'll wait and see. You're still taking it from the angle that I don't want ATI to be able to support this stuff. Wrong. I just want to see what other sites have to say about this.

Either way it's win win for me baby. :)

To say that you will have both cards is about as smart as saying I am definitely buying this card, without seeing both. Use your brain. You're gonna make me give up on you in a sec and leave you in your ignorance.

Spike appears to be exactly right.
The only visual improvements I'm aware of with PS3.0 are for filtering and to allow cards with centroid sampling (the R300 has this feature) to antialias certain lighting properly with multisampling. The other improvements are mainly the length of shaders supported, and branching and predication, which may make programming more efficient or possibly easier, but shouldn't affect quality.
VS3.0 will probably do more to improve visual quality, and has been rumored for ages to be supported by the R420.

To say that you will have both cards is about as smart as saying I am definitely buying this card, without seeing both. Use your brain. You're gonna make me give up on you in a sec and leave you in your ignorance.

If the new ATI card is a POS you can bet I won't buy it. If all the reviews of the 6800Ultra is suddenly BS then I won't buy that.

If both cards are good performers then I buy both. If you don't agree with that who cares.

Worry about yourself and less about trying to teach other people like you're a diety of some sort. You'll ruin less threads and won't come across as pompous.

Go design a shithouse for your backyard or something.

If the new ATI card is a POS you can bet I won't buy it. If all the reviews of the 6800Ultra is suddenly BS then I won't buy that.

If both cards are good performers then I buy both. If you don't agree with that who cares.

I believe you are starting to get the point padawan. You have grown alot in this thread. Just keep it up, and your stay will be a nice one in the [H].

I believe you are starting to get the point padawan. You have grown alot in this thread. Just keep it up, and your stay will be a nice one in the [H].

Too bad that's the way I always thought and nobody learned anything here except that you're high on yourself and you crap on threads.

Now get back to that shithouse.

Gotta love fanboys like Number69, Boy does this all seem familiar. Lets take a trip back to January '03 NV30 had just been shown and 4 of the biggest nvidiots signed up to this forum to try and defend their beloved POS, DarkOneX (I'm sure you remember his rants and flames if you were here), Number69, Requirem99 and Shane , I love Shane he says one thing and then another the next day and loves to brag *he* has a computer shop:rolleyes: , DarkOneX didn't last long here but none the less he defended NV30 til he was banned, Requirem99 did a 180 from NV30 after awhile same as Shane.

And now we have Number69 the oldest of the old Nvidiots still here (although he'll try to say hes neutral), god I'm gonna love it if this generation plays out like last to shut up these people up.

Originally posted by KayossZero
Gotta love fanboys like Number69, Boy does this all seem familiar. Lets take a trip back to January '03 NV30 had just been shown and 4 of the biggest nvidiots signed up to this forum to try and defend their beloved POS, DarkOneX (I'm sure you remember his rants and flames if you were here), Number69, Requirem99 and Shane , I love Shane he says one thing and then another the next day and loves to brag *he* has a computer shop:rolleyes: , DarkOneX didn't last long here but none the less he defended NV30 til he was banned, Requirem99 did a 180 from NV30 after awhile same as Shane.

And now we have Number69 the oldest of the old Nvidiots still here (although he'll try to say hes neutral), god I'm gonna love it if this generation plays out like last to shut up these people up.

Oh.. so this fanboy troll is famous.. I thought his name sounded familiar. LoL. Comedy Gold.

Originally posted by KayossZero

I will now add Kayos up here as a troll, another guy crapping on the thread. Cracks me up his calling me a troll when he just came into the thread like he's a superhero thinking he will save Creed's ass. By the way, what happened to your last name there kayo?

Yeah I did stick up for the NV30 until I realized it was a POS when we all realized that Nvidia was cheating their ass off. I liked Nvidia from the GF1 to GF4, there was no reason to not like them for that period.

Still doesn't take away from the fact that I have owned a 8500, 9700, and now a 9800Pro.

Also still doesn't take away from the fact that Creed is pompous and crapped all over this thread in true troll fashion.

I will now add Kayos up here as a troll, another guy crapping on the thread. Cracks me up his calling me a troll when he just came into the thread like he's a superhero thinking he will save Creed's ass. By the way, what happened to your last name there kayo?

Yeah I did stick up for the NV30 until I realized it was a POS when we all realized that Nvidia was cheating their ass off. I liked Nvidia from the GF1 to GF4, there was no reason to not like them for that period.

Still doesn't take away from the fact that I have owned a 8500, 9700, and now a 9800Pro.

Also still doesn't take away from the fact that Creed is pompous and crapped all over this thread in true troll fashion.

LoL.. add them up.. everyone is wrong but you... I'm starting to like you, you make me laugh.. Thanks man.

LoL.. add them up.. everyone is wrong but you... I'm starting to like you, you make me laugh.. Thanks man.

Who, you and Kayos? lol. Everybody?

Wrong about what? The games I listed will be PS3.0 games. Remember? My first post was about games that will support PS3.0., that was it. Then you came along starting crapping in my thread and turned this into a ATI vs. Nvidia POS thread, mainly with you debating with yourself trying to sucker me into your BS. Anybody who reads this thread can see it's as simple as that Creed.

Have fun debating with yourself Creed because I know you're just trying to post as much as you can to lock the thread anyway and blame me for your crap.

Anyway this accused Nvidia fanboy is going to go play a few games on my 9800Pro now and be done with this thread.

So far there has been no evidence showing that we will notice a difference between ps2.0 and 3.0. There should be plenty by now, don't you think? I will wait until all cards are on the table. I am not buying a video card because of the nvidia logo in a game. AND... I am not going to buy a video card because of ps3.0 until I see a noticeable difference between the 2. And from what game developers are saying, the game will look the same.

there you go running your mouth again...if you watched the full presentation, you would see ps3.0 is not just graphics, its makes the game run better by putting less pressure on the cpu, meaning better performance. especially in games where theres alot of characters on the screen

you and i both know we both want better performance while keeping great IQ.

wait for benchmarks at the end of the month :\

I just have to jump into this one. :D

It is true this post was meant to discuss what games would be PS3.0-enabled. However, as is widely surmised, ATi's R420 will not have full PS3.0 support. Therefore, the thread implies "what games would benefit from the 6800's PS3.0 support." There is nothing particularly wrong with that connection, he was asking a legitimate question that had other implicit ramifications. In fact it does appear to me that Creed started the semi-offtopic argument. However, he may have seen that implication more clearly considering number's post history. Many arguments creep up from circumstances like that. :)

Now what crazyspike said is entirely correct. What's the difference between PS2.0 and PS3.0? Merely the code length of shader operations. PS3.0 allows unlimited length. This technically results in the ability for more unique pixel shading and also improved performance since many can be tied together in a single form. However this is assuming developers take great advantage of it and also the card's power is capable of making efficient use of them. Personally, I don't think PS3.0 will be a big splash until Longhorn & DX10 come out, but its presence will be felt with DX9.0c. However in DX9.0c, as spike stated, ATi will have the majority support and nVidia complete support, but the majority of the advantage will be covered by ATi. Now hopefully we can get back to the original discussion of PS3.0 games...

If there was no significant value there why would Microsoft develop it? (not aimed at anyone, just asking)

the value of PS 3.0 is mostly to developers right now, it makes their jobs simpler. the area where we gamers will see a real difference is when shader use gets more complex with more instructions, using ps 3.0 will allow it to be all done in one pass, which is allways faster than multi pass rendering in ps 2.0. Vertex shader 3.0 on the other hand, is going to be huge, true displacement maps from textures with tesselation are now possible. that means that using displacement mapping in place of bump mapping is now a viable solution.

Thank you Merlin,

I was starting to think I was crzy with all this talk about people arguing over being able to (or not being able to) see the diffence between PS2.0 and PS3.0 stuff.

My understanding for the reasoning behind PS3.0 way back when, was that you wouldn't be able to see the difference, but that it would be easier and cheaper to produce games with it AND that it would be much faster for the hardware to execute it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back