list of BSOD codes?

x509

2[H]4U
You would think that someone, somewhere would have put together this list. But the search "Windows 7 64 bit stop code list" produces page after page of links for a specific stop code, but not the one I had to look up.

Actually my system just BSOD's 3X in a row. It's usually quite stable. So after I find that list, I will probably be wanting some tools to "interpret" the dumps. Any suggestions here?

Thanks.

Actually my system just BSOD's 3X in a row. It's usually quite stable. So after I find that list, I will probably be wanting some tools to "interpret" the dumps. Any suggestions here?

Thanks.

Hi, x509,

Do a search on user Tawnos and check threads relating to BSODs and you will find numerous posts where he gives step-by-step instruction on what to do.

Hope this helps.

Chuklr

EDIT: check this thread for instructions: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1567184

Last edited:
I'd just use the windows sdk to analyze the debug logs and ignore the stop codes. For the most part, the code itself is pretty meaningless. It points you in the right direction, but the dump will put it into context for you.

If it's a list you're looking for a list, you might want to check the docs for the Windows SDK. May or may not be one there, but if there was, that's where I'd start looking.

You can also post the dump and someone here will usually analyze it for you, if you don't have the debugger installed.

I'd just use the windows sdk to analyze the debug logs and ignore the stop codes. For the most part, the code itself is pretty meaningless. It points you in the right direction, but the dump will put it into context for you.

If it's a list you're looking for a list, you might want to check the docs for the Windows SDK. May or may not be one there, but if there was, that's where I'd start looking.

You can also post the dump and someone here will usually analyze it for you, if you don't have the debugger installed.

Demon10000,

I'm not a developer, so I'm not sure that I could "usefully" install the SDK. Nor do I have the Windows debugger. In "theory," I know how debuggers work, but in practice, do I understand the internals or the data structures of Windows? Not at all.

Demon10000,

I'm not a developer, so I'm not sure that I could "usefully" install the SDK. Nor do I have the Windows debugger. In "theory," I know how debuggers work, but in practice, do I understand the internals or the data structures of Windows? Not at all.

Then use this: http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

(Insert standard legalese about this post not conferring rights or stuff like that, since I linked you to non-MSFT software)

Demon10000,

You can post on a forum so I am pretty sure you have what it takes to install the SDK and look for the documentation you are looking for. Besides, it comes with the debugger and there are lots of tutorials on how to point it to the MS website for the debug symbols and analyze a dump. Its literally plugging in a URL and typing a command. It'll spit out the driver, or program generating the bsod.

It really isn't that tough.

You can post on a forum so I am pretty sure you have what it takes to install the SDK and look for the documentation you are looking for. Besides, it comes with the debugger and there are lots of tutorials on how to point it to the MS website for the debug symbols and analyze a dump. Its literally plugging in a URL and typing a command. It'll spit out the driver, or program generating the bsod.

It really isn't that tough.

Thanks for the encouragement. Way, way back when, I used to write programs, but in languages that some members of this forum would say, "Wazzat?" Like, our program "files" were a "deck" of punch cards. :rolleyes:

I guess I'll have to give it a shot now, since I do know how to post on forums. :p

Back