Linux Webmin problems

gostf

n00b
I just built a linux server box running Clarkconnect linux (red hat 9.0 striped down). I am mainly using it as a loca file/print server right now. Running Webmin 1.130.

My issues are coming from trying to use Webmin to control the server. The problem I am having is installing server modules. I have tried to install; fetchmail, apache, mysql, and other server modules. **the issues is not just with server modules but mainly server modules**

I will install the modules through the standard module install tab built into Webmin. After installing it says that the modules are installed into -- /usr/libexec/webmin/module name --. After the install I will go into the server tab and I will have the error -- The module program module could not be found. Maybe module is not installed on your system, or your module configuration is incorrect.

I am not sure how to get my modules to install properly or configured properly. Please someone help me uderstand what I am doing wrong or give a link to a How-to on webmin

thank you,
michael

It sounds as though you are installing the webmin modules correctly. What I think you are seeing is that when you try to run a webmin module for software that is either a) not installed or b) is installed but not in its normal way you will get these errors. For instance, if you installed apache2 from source, webmin will throw up an error. Check here for a way around that. its the same for everything. If you have a distro such as redhat 9, webmin knows where apache lives, but when you do it yourself (which is best IMHO) you just have to work with the module config to get all the pointers worked out. I also had to do this with MySQL on fedora core 1.

good luck! I have a few more tips on webmin at my site

Back