And it still pretty much holds true.

What's with these updates people keep getting interrupted by that never happen to me, it's it because I use pro instead of home?

And bluescreens, all bluescreens I have gotten on windows 10 were my fault.

I agree. When updates happen in Windows 10 I am always asked when I want to schedule a restart. I can postpone it until whenever.

And it still pretty much holds true.

What's with these updates people keep getting interrupted by that never happen to me, it's it because I use pro instead of home?

And bluescreens, all bluescreens I have gotten on windows 10 were my fault.
It has happened to me at least once. Was after waking from sleep and I hadn't used it in a while, iirc, so I guess it decided it was just going to do it's thing. Dunno if it matters which version.

It has happened to me at least once. Was after waking from sleep and I hadn't used it in a while, iirc, so I guess it decided it was just going to do it's thing. Dunno if it matters which version.

This is believable. I would imagine that when the prompt comes up asking when you want to restart, and it doesn't get any input for a set period of time, it will restart to complete. But the stories of restarts while using the pc are the hard ones to swallow. I imagine something pops in their way when browsing memes.com and they furiously press enter or hit the OK button and off the restart goes.

All my assumption, of course. Someone better quickly explain the rhyme to me.

Native Linux gaming is ok, but very lacking. If I'm going to run WINE or other software that runs Windows apps, I might as well just run Windows natively.

Linux is fine, but using it to run Windows games just doesn't sit right with me. It has a ton of other uses that it does great. But, if I'm going to game, it's going to be on Windows.

1. I'm on an Asus Xonar DGX myself. Have you tried booting into a Live-USB Ubuntu instance and see if the soundcard "just works" in the Live environment? I'd recommend you try that (with 18.04). I haven't had to fiddle with drivers for my DGX ever, btw.
2. I'm not a fan of UEFI and find zero benefit to it over legacy BIOS. I'd recommend just switching to Legacy BIOS to eliminate headache. But at some point I should probably revisit this facet. But in your example, I'd probably still recommend Legacy BIOS anyways. Any particular reason you want/need UEFI?
3. I'm going to need more info about "just won't boot" before I can give you useful info here.

Do's and Don'ts when building a system. How to choose hardware that will run on Linux. I have an Asus sound card that isn't supported on Linux from what I'm told. What to do on older notebooks that had the early versions of UEFI and don't want to accept Linux as their lord and savior. ;) What do you do when it just won't boot?

1. I'm on an Asus Xonar DGX myself. Have you tried booting into a Live-USB Ubuntu instance and see if the soundcard "just works" in the Live environment? I'd recommend you try that (with 18.04). I haven't had to fiddle with drivers for my DGX ever, btw.
2. I'm not a fan of UEFI and find zero benefit to it over legacy BIOS. I'd recommend just switching to Legacy BIOS to eliminate headache. But at some point I should probably revisit this facet. But in your example, I'd probably still recommend Legacy BIOS anyways. Any particular reason you want/need UEFI?
3. I'm going to need more info about "just won't boot" before I can give you useful info here.

Older netbooks and tablets (full windows tablets) came with 64bit processors but only a 32bit UEFI system. When installing the OS you need to boot in afterwards and install the IA32 files for grub. Even then its a hell of a hassle.

I had a Windows 8.1 Dell tablet that I upgraded to Windows 10 and then stupidly put it on the fast ring for beta updates. All well and good until I didnt use the tablet for months and then my beta version was out of date and the system wouldn't boot without a fresh install. At this point, as I never used the tablet, I decided to install Ubuntu MATE. Let me tell you, the amount of times I had to install and remove items to get my hardware to work was insane. The built in wifi doesn't work during the install. If it did, all of this would have been no big deal because Linux now detects the correct grub installer and you're on your way. but since it didn't at the time the install would 99% complete but fail on the grub install because it was trying to install a 64bit boot loader into a 32bit system.

Either way, I chronicled this in the Linux forum quite some time ago. The tablet it still running Linux and while its finicky would rotating screens or proper cursor use afterwards, the experience taught me an insane amount about Linux in general.

TLDR: read the first line of my reply. The rest is me lamenting.

"Jason wandered into the Linux rabbit hole after losing 350GB of data during a file transfer that was interrupted by an unannounced Windows 10 update and blue screen."​
Meet the moar stable, moar faster, moar better Windows 10. /s

Yeah, must be a Windows problem, not a user issue at all, never ever. :D :rolleyes: Unannouced Windows update? Doubtful, or at least not anymore.

With DXVK for Wine im not sure the old KVM thing is really necessary for most people unless you require exacting performance, which of course requires a lot more setup and a windows installation.. which kind of defeats the point.

It's only a new project ( which some people have speculated is funded by Valve ) but it has reached a point where the majority of DX11 games are very playable.

I need to dig out 1 of my old reliable wd blue 320gb drives and give it a shot on my current windows 10 machine. If i can't i may just opt for the loose every thing route and still give it a shot. If it can let me play my current games im game no pun intended. They are all dx 10 or lower so it should work perfectly. Im on a speedy connection so getting every thing back wont be to painful.

Yeah, must be a Windows problem, not a user issue at all, never ever. :D :rolleyes: Unannouced Windows update? Doubtful, or at least not anymore.
WTF your kidding me right? I had to disable windows updates for 10 by setting the service to guest cor log in creds. It was a constant reboot now pop up fest some times daily for a security patch. You can set the time for non critical yes but what ms says is critical gets installed asap regardless of your choice of times. At that point is just a matter of oh i don't know typing a forum post and hitting space aka same as left click when the pop up comes up to say yep reboot now because hey why not screw the fact i was typing something out and don't want to have to do it all again.

Windows 10 has pushed many people to at least try Linux, myself included. Never hurts to look at your options.

Don't get me wrong i like windows 10 in most every way other than telem (i murdered that) and the forced updates. Im a computer tech including network tech/admin. I choose when updates get installed not the os. I prefer to follow my schedule once a week updates with critical this does effect me security updates as needed even if that means a extra update in a week. If i am not using iis and there is a critical flaw that is patched by some update i have no need for that update. Sub what ever service i do not use for iis and you get the picture. I could not give a crap about those updates.

But that said i over all prefer linux i love the os i love to tweak it change it and make it mine. I love to break it in strange and fun ways lol I have broken things in some interesting ways that would make the sucker unusable by most unless they knew the super secret but also simple work around for what i broke. It was always fun letting a friend who also was heavy in to linux try and log in to a machine where i some how caused the keys along the qwerty row to shift 1 to the left but only during login. Oh hey my pass is somedamnpassword that uses the goofed up top row. Once i figured out how i broke it i did not fix it but tweaked how i broke it and remapped enter to caps lock and caps lock to enter heh. It was quite a useful trick to add just a little more security to the system.

If my testing of dxvk works as they say ill make the swap on my computer with out a second thought.

WTF your kidding me right? I had to disable windows updates for 10 by setting the service to guest cor log in creds. It was a constant reboot now pop up fest some times daily for a security patch. You can set the time for non critical yes but what ms says is critical gets installed asap regardless of your choice of times. At that point is just a matter of oh i don't know typing a forum post and hitting space aka same as left click when the pop up comes up to say yep reboot now because hey why not screw the fact i was typing something out and don't want to have to do it all again.

Anyone can like your post all they want but, it is at best an extreme exaggeration.

It's weird that all my Windows 10 machines have never rebooted without ample warning or when I'm in the middle of something. I either schedule it for right before I wake up or do it manually. And this thing is on 24/7.

I know it happens, as there are people complaining about it constantly everywhere. But, I have been very lucky. I also never had any issues with Vista, and I KNOW there were a shit ton of problems there.

1. Sounds like the old laptop thing can be solved by just using Legacy BIOS. Interesting info, but uhhh... have you seen any reason to really care about UEFI? I haven't yet.
2. That's quite the tablet adventure you had there. I'm not quite sure how to make Linux really good on tablets just yet either, and I think it may still be generally spotty for that right now. I'm not sure if Tablets are a big enough deal for that to get fixed, but I hope they do. I used to not care at all about tablets, but they are pretty handy for things like DnD, so I want Linux on a tablet! I have a WIn10 tablet, very low end specs. It ran quite well, until... the 1803 updated landed. Now it runs like a crapshoot slug. Taking forever to draw even the most basic of graphics (task manager). And it's all thanks to a force-fed update from Microsoft. BARF!

Uh, hope this helps? :)

Older netbooks and tablets (full windows tablets) came with 64bit processors but only a 32bit UEFI system. When installing the OS you need to boot in afterwards and install the IA32 files for grub. Even then its a hell of a hassle.

I had a Windows 8.1 Dell tablet that I upgraded to Windows 10 and then stupidly put it on the fast ring for beta updates. All well and good until I didnt use the tablet for months and then my beta version was out of date and the system wouldn't boot without a fresh install. At this point, as I never used the tablet, I decided to install Ubuntu MATE. Let me tell you, the amount of times I had to install and remove items to get my hardware to work was insane. The built in wifi doesn't work during the install. If it did, all of this would have been no big deal because Linux now detects the correct grub installer and you're on your way. but since it didn't at the time the install would 99% complete but fail on the grub install because it was trying to install a 64bit boot loader into a 32bit system.

Either way, I chronicled this in the Linux forum quite some time ago. The tablet it still running Linux and while its finicky would rotating screens or proper cursor use afterwards, the experience taught me an insane amount about Linux in general.

TLDR: read the first line of my reply. The rest is me lamenting.

1. Sounds like the old laptop thing can be solved by just using Legacy BIOS. Interesting info, but uhhh... have you seen any reason to really care about UEFI? I haven't yet.
2. That's quite the tablet adventure you had there. I'm not quite sure how to make Linux really good on tablets just yet either, and I think it may still be generally spotty for that right now. I'm not sure if Tablets are a big enough deal for that to get fixed, but I hope they do. I used to not care at all about tablets, but they are pretty handy for things like DnD, so I want Linux on a tablet! I have a WIn10 tablet, very low end specs. It ran quite well, until... the 1803 updated landed. Now it runs like a crapshoot slug. Taking forever to draw even the most basic of graphics (task manager). And it's all thanks to a force-fed update from Microsoft. BARF!

Uh, hope this helps? :)

It doesn't work like that, unfortunately. The selecting "Legacy BIOS" as an option during boot. This entire issue comes from the 32/64bit combo between OS and boot loader.

You should try Linux on your tablet. I would use mine more if it had more than 1 micro usb port. Prevents me from charging AND using peripherals at the same time.

I'll probably start doing Linuxy stuff with Tablets eventually. But right now I have to be choosy with my time to achieve the goals in my life I want to achieve. Right now, with this new YouTube stuff, I have a lot on my plate and I don't think I can do Tablet stuff. I also do a whole lot of other stuff, like run LAN parties, so Tablet stuff I'll have to come back to later. :)

Why exactly can't you choose Legacy BIOS by default in your... BIOS? I'm not following you there... What make & model laptop are we talking about here?

It doesn't work like that, unfortunately. The selecting "Legacy BIOS" as an option during boot. This entire issue comes from the 32/64bit combo between OS and boot loader.

You should try Linux on your tablet. I would use mine more if it had more than 1 micro usb port. Prevents me from charging AND using peripherals at the same time.

I'll probably start doing Linuxy stuff with Tablets eventually. But right now I have to be choosy with my time to achieve the goals in my life I want to achieve. Right now, with this new YouTube stuff, I have a lot on my plate and I don't think I can do Tablet stuff. I also do a whole lot of other stuff, like run LAN parties, so Tablet stuff I'll have to come back to later. :)

Why exactly can't you choose Legacy BIOS by default in your... BIOS? I'm not following you there... What make & model laptop are we talking about here?

It's a Dell Venue 8 Pro.

Do some googling and it will tell you everything you need to know about the ridiculous 32bit boot loader.

Doing a build in about a month and I'll try the sound card then. From what I remember reading the main chip on the card has no Linux support. It is probably one of the few Asus sound cards that doesn't have drivers in Linux.

As far as the Gateway laptop went it just said that Linux wasn't a viable option when trying to boot the Linux installer off a USB stick. It was one of the first Gateway laptops made with the UEFI bios. I couldn't get further than the Gateway bios screen on boot. Googling said it was an issue with the UEFI bios. I installed Win 10 on it and some kids are enjoying it now. I was just wondering what to do if I ran across another that blocked the Linux installer at the bios level. Honestly I don't know if there was a legacy bios option on that laptop. Everything was locked down completely in the bios.

The no boot thing was an issue I had last year. I installed Linux on my Ryzen system and everything was working great. Then one day it decided not to boot. I don't remember what the message was but I never got it to run again. I reinstalled Windows and everything worked so that's what I've been using ever since. I was just wondering where would you start first diagnosing issues when you can't boot your Linux install. Of course it would be nice to have the error codes but that was last year unfortunately.

1. The chipset in your soundcard is a slight variant from the very one I have. My Asus Xonar DGX generally runs very well, but I don't think in my case I can take advantage of all of its features, namely high-impedance output. But I have always had it just work. So, I REALLY want to hear the outcome of your Live-USB endeavours, so that I can gain the info from it and help others (and perhaps you). So, be sure to keep me informed.
2. I bet you it had a Legacy BIOS option. I really don't see the advantage to UEFI right now, so I just don't even bother with it currently. Turn it off is my recommendation. But I do think at this point Ubuntu should have very good UEFI integration.
3. I suspect it was probably something rudimentary, like a boot order mis-set in the BIOS. At this point, I so rarely see updates breaking stuff, I bet it was something small. But, without knowing more, I can only really grasp at straws. If the boot order in the BIOS wasn't to blame, you can boot into Live-USB Ubuntu and "re-set"/recover the boot configuration with some tools (forget exact name right now), and then boot back into it. In my opinion it's way easier and faster than how Windows does it's silly repair crap.

Any other questions/thoughts? :)

Doing a build in about a month and I'll try the sound card then. From what I remember reading the main chip on the card has no Linux support. It is probably one of the few Asus sound cards that doesn't have drivers in Linux.

As far as the Gateway laptop went it just said that Linux wasn't a viable option when trying to boot the Linux installer off a USB stick. It was one of the first Gateway laptops made with the UEFI bios. I couldn't get further than the Gateway bios screen on boot. Googling said it was an issue with the UEFI bios. I installed Win 10 on it and some kids are enjoying it now. I was just wondering what to do if I ran across another that blocked the Linux installer at the bios level. Honestly I don't know if there was a legacy bios option on that laptop. Everything was locked down completely in the bios.

The no boot thing was an issue I had last year. I installed Linux on my Ryzen system and everything was working great. Then one day it decided not to boot. I don't remember what the message was but I never got it to run again. I reinstalled Windows and everything worked so that's what I've been using ever since. I was just wondering where would you start first diagnosing issues when you can't boot your Linux install. Of course it would be nice to have the error codes but that was last year unfortunately.

That's a tablet, not a laptop, thought you were talking about a laptop? ;P

Nope.

And the guys issue above is secure boot. I guarantee it. Not all manufacturers had Linux secure boot keys included. Disable that and it might let you boot into it. (Not you, but the other guy)

Someone prefers Linux over windows.... clearly they must have been windowzing wrong.

For at least the past 15 years I have tried more times than I care to admit to get Linux to be my daily OS. Not only has it failed in that regard repeatedly, nothing I've read in this thread has given me any indication things have changed for the better.

Every step of the process just takes so much effort.

Finding a distribution that you not only like, but will actually install on your computer can be a nightmare. The last time I tried about a year or so ago I tried Mint, Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch, Slackware, Debian, and OpenSUSE. The only one I could even get to actually install and boot was OpenSUSE. Every other distro would either crash while loading from the liveCD, or not boot after installed. And god forbid you have to fix nVidia drivers, or some other piece of hardware isn't detected during the setup and install. D:

Next, once it's installed, what then? It's terrible for gaming. It's not great for infotainment/entertainment. It's ok for web browsing until you realize how many websites still use things that don't work unless you have windows. I don't even want to get into how difficult it is to just get Netflix, Amazon, and HBOGo/Now to even function, if you even can.

From the moment I learned about Linux around 1999, to my first attempts at installing and using it, I've wanted it to be my primary desktop. I've tried so hard to make it happen but it just never works out.

Yeah, Secure Boot is more trouble than it's worth for the majority of cases.

If someone's stolen your laptop, then there's really not much of anything you can do to stop them from getting your data unless you encrypt it. And Secure Boot doesn't protect you from that.

Nope.

And the guys issue above is secure boot. I guarantee it. Not all manufacturers had Linux secure boot keys included. Disable that and it might let you boot into it. (Not you, but the other guy)

Oh lord, where do you idiots come from. I left using windose as a useful server. I ran servers on 3.51 and would not on 4.0.

I have had a windose install for games mostly. ever since 3.1. I got them to give me win 10 although it took a bit of convincing, I don't actually buy windose installs.

Uses a made up word (windose) for false superiority complex. Yet, calls someone an idiot.

¿Linux? GNU is the OS. Linux is a kernel. Usually when you use GNU with Linux is spelled GNU/Linux or GNU+Linux or GNU-Linux to give credit where it is due. Now that we know what we are talking about, Snaps occupy too much space. It is better if you do not depend on Snaps. Snaps should be the last resort to install an application. The "Software" application does it bad because does not separate Snaps from the Debian package repositories of Ubuntu. It does not clearly state if a package is a Debian package or a Snap packge. It is not nice to waste 200 MiB of hard disk to install a calculator when you have the Debian packaged version available.
And of course, using proprietary software is not a thing to be proud of. The target is to use as much free (libre) software as possible.

If I want proprietary software I'll keep using Windows. Otherwise put it into a VM for the really impossible to replace software. SR-IOV allows you to virtualize hardware too, doing PCI-E passthrough for GPUs and other peripherals.

Anyone can like your post all they want but, it is at best an extreme exaggeration.

It's weird that all my Windows 10 machines have never rebooted without ample warning or when I'm in the middle of something. I either schedule it for right before I wake up or do it manually. And this thing is on 24/7.

I know it happens, as there are people complaining about it constantly everywhere. But, I have been very lucky. I also never had any issues with Vista, and I KNOW there were a shit ton of problems there.

Here is an easy way it can happen:

Update comes in and you click "later" or "cancel" (I forget the exact dialog box for the moment). Point is you defer at the popup with little interaction and go back to whatever you were doing.
A few hours pass...
Later comes and you are busy gaming away....PC just suddenly reboots. WTF was that? OMG it just rebooted for an update without telling me!

The problem isnt that it didnt tell you, it did. Several hours ago. You just dont remember. IMO they should change the behavior to require positive interaction right before the reboot if there is some interactive usage going on. That wont fix all of the issues but it will get most of the annoying ones. It still annoys me when it does it when I am in the middle of streaming something to the TV ;).

Native Linux gaming is ok, but very lacking. If I'm going to run WINE or other software that runs Windows apps, I might as well just run Windows natively. Linux is fine, but using it to run Windows games just doesn't sit right with me. It has a ton of other uses that it does great. But, if I'm going to game, it's going to be on Windows.

Linux will remain the "red headed step child" until more of the public embraces it. It has to move beyond the bounds of being a Geek OS.
For this to happen developers have to embrace it 100%. AAA gaming titles are written for windows and poorly ported to Linux if at all. This has to change. So to make it work you have to use work-arounds that are complex and sometimes buggy. The upside is Microsoft has so completely sh*t the bed with Window10 people are starting to consider the alternatives.

What would you like to see?

I'm working towards having my own site for a whole bunch of stuff, including Linux Gaming stuff (I'm building out the "BloodyIron" brand for a bunch of functionality).

I can maybe start with a forum thing on [H], but I would prefer to eventually transition to my own site, for, well... industry recognition and such things ;)

I'll speak for my own needs first. Sure, I'd love to kick MS to the side but Linux hasn't really supported all my home entertainment needs. So here's the list for that, and pardon my ignorance regarding current state of Linux, my last ventures with it were around six years ago. I did, however, like reading about 'snap'. Long time coming for something like that. A reminder for those wanting to lure MS/Apple users: aside from specializations most people use them out of comfort and ease of familiarity. The more Linux can feel familiar the more people will flock to it. I've seen screen shots of things in the last couple of years so I know it's getting there. Can't say I've seen anyone jumping up and down proclaiming how they love how MS/Apple taking something away, breaking, or interrupting, made life easier.

1. Hardware compatibility support, MOBO's, CPU's, GPU's, Soundcards, Keyboards, Controllers. With all the specialized LED's in keyboards and GPU's, BT mobile device monitoring, AMD's newer CPU features, there's quite a bit of extra features to track these days. Lists of manufacturers in order of support. Lists of those who may actually offer some extra perk in using Linux.
2. Gaming: Lists of games fully supporting it. Lists of games with work arounds. Establish a dialogue with dev's on upcoming projects supporting it.
3. HTPC: Much of the same as above but also including HDR, SPDIF, 4k, 3d, support. I know most of these items should be supported through hardware drivers but even then there can be software limitations restricting usage.
4. Free software relating to any of the above rated by comparisons of ease of use, compatibility, and advanced features.

This is believable. I would imagine that when the prompt comes up asking when you want to restart, and it doesn't get any input for a set period of time, it will restart to complete. But the stories of restarts while using the pc are the hard ones to swallow. I imagine something pops in their way when browsing memes.com and they furiously press enter or hit the OK button and off the restart goes.

All my assumption, of course. Someone better quickly explain the rhyme to me.

That means your OS has stolen focus from you with a modal dialog that should just be a notification (system tray toast or whatever). It's still the fault of the OS as it shouldn't allow you to shoot yourself in the foot that way.

I don't really have an issue with Win10 updated, but I am running pro on everything
Not to say it doesn't auto reboot. Its happening to far too many people to be "y you no see the prompt"
All they gotta do is maybe go back towards the XP days, where it would just nag the shit out of you until you did reboot

But see anyone fail to mention that Windows 7 did itself do auto reboots after certain updates....far far less then 10, but it still did it

p.s i hate Linux, but would never diss anyone to try it. I try and avoid the whole "I'm in this camp" type thing....except when it comes to gaming...fucking console jockeys

:D

That means your OS has stolen focus from you with a modal dialog that should just be a notification (system tray toast or whatever). It's still the fault of the OS as it shouldn't allow you to shoot yourself in the foot that way.
Microsoft can DO NO WRONG.
Don't you get it?

1. RGB is one of the few things that really just doesn't work in Linux right now. Part of that is there is no standard that I've seen for interfacing with the gear. There is some work for building tools to interface with RGB stuff, but it's not mature yet. _OTHERWISE_, there's so few compatibility issues now, I rarely hear about them. AMD and nVidia have been working really hard to get drivers ready for new GPUs they roll out, sometimes before release, sometimes at release, sometimes shortly after. CPUs, there's been some initial hiccups with Ryzen, but those got ironed out. Intel CPUs literally no problem. Bluetooth, I have not once heard anyone have a problem with compatibility there, so far as I am aware that's 100% compatible. 10gig NICs already compatible. However, I would recommend you stay AWAY from Creative Labs soundcards, they suck ass for drivers, and are expensive anyways. Mice, they work, but mice utilities are a bit hit/miss right now, I like Roccat for that reason.
2. The numbers are literally in the thousands now. In addition to native games, there's so many you can play with WINE stuff, and I am going to show that it can be easy. Native games : https://store.steampowered.com/linux
3. I have not seen any issues with HDR/SPDIF/4K/3D. SPDIF has been native in Linux for... decades. HDR, AFAIK that's through drivers. 4k, well that's just a higher resolution. Linux has been capable of even higher resolution than that for decades. 3D, yeah, well, how would that differ compared to gaming? ;) Also, why not just send your content to a chromecast? Do you actually need a dedicated PC plugged into your TV? IMO that's clunky. Go look at "Emby".
4. Please be more specific.

I'll speak for my own needs first. Sure, I'd love to kick MS to the side but Linux hasn't really supported all my home entertainment needs. So here's the list for that, and pardon my ignorance regarding current state of Linux, my last ventures with it were around six years ago. I did, however, like reading about 'snap'. Long time coming for something like that. A reminder for those wanting to lure MS/Apple users: aside from specializations most people use them out of comfort and ease of familiarity. The more Linux can feel familiar the more people will flock to it. I've seen screen shots of things in the last couple of years so I know it's getting there. Can't say I've seen anyone jumping up and down proclaiming how they love how MS/Apple taking something away, breaking, or interrupting, made life easier.

1. Hardware compatibility support, MOBO's, CPU's, GPU's, Soundcards, Keyboards, Controllers. With all the specialized LED's in keyboards and GPU's, BT mobile device monitoring, AMD's newer CPU features, there's quite a bit of extra features to track these days. Lists of manufacturers in order of support. Lists of those who may actually offer some extra perk in using Linux.
2. Gaming: Lists of games fully supporting it. Lists of games with work arounds. Establish a dialogue with dev's on upcoming projects supporting it.
3. HTPC: Much of the same as above but also including HDR, SPDIF, 4k, 3d, support. I know most of these items should be supported through hardware drivers but even then there can be software limitations restricting usage.
4. Free software relating to any of the above rated by comparisons of ease of use, compatibility, and advanced features.

I beat Crysis 2 on Linux back when it was new. First next gen game I got to play on Linux before I did on Windows. Ran and looked great.

Winston%20torchured2.jpg

Back