Linux DVD buring software.

J

Limp Gawd
What or is there any DVD buring software for Linux. I imagine there is but I have no Idea.

I would like to Learn linux but have very little expirience with it. I do some DVD buring from time to time and would be nice to be able to do that also.

One other question. The PC I want to install linux on is running a wireless NIC (Usb). In general how well does any of the distro's detect Usb Nic's.

Thanks for you input.

Try K3B for burning DVD's. I use it to burn cd's, but I have tried it for DVDs (it does have the option to burn them though).

As far as your USB nic, I don't have a clue.

I recommend k3b too, even though if you're not running KDE, it'll have to start kde init which is a big system resource hog. K3B works great with ATAPI drives, so you don't have to do SCSI emulation like you do with XCDroast.

XCDRoast does DVDs, ascianelli.

No clue about the USB NIC thing though, all my comps with Linux installs have always had onboard NICs.

xcdroast does dvds but its a pain in the ass. You have to copy a demo key off a website every couple of months in order to use cdrecord-ProDVD, k3b would be your best bet.

Back