Linus Torvalds Switches To AMD Ryzen Threadripper After 15 Years Of Intel Systems

erek

[H]F Junkie
Impressed?

"This in turn is actually good news as well for AMD Ryzen Linux users: as Torvalds is constantly building the latest kernel code for mainline, he tends to shout quite publicly and loudly when any code breaks on his systems stemming from botched/poorly-tested pull requests... Thus with the extra and immediate exposure on Threadripper, he will hopefully be spotting any kernel-breaking regressions more quickly and who knows whatever other improvements he may be able to wrangle up as he's burning in his new system."

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Torvalds-Threadripper

That is pretty good news for AMD users. Linux is looking more and more like it'll be my daily driver when I do a new build. Win 10 LTSB will be booted only for gaming and all the update bullshit will be off unless it's needed to run something.

Every even number (greater than two) is the sum of two primes.

Two primes is better than one.
A79F6856-7B76-4A35-AB59-CA5F434D612B.gif

Okay, so 3+5 are both prime and 5+3 are also prime, but it isn't as fascinating as if this was the only possible combination for the 8.

And that Mr.cybereality brings an interesting point!! What happens to 4 when 1 is not a prime and only 3 is?

Maybe taco needs sleep to decipher this trigonometry.
Eh. There haven't been two prime numbers at 4. Doesn't count.

Ah, I see. Maybe it is correct but doing a proof of it is probably serious work.

I guess yay for Linus on AMD. Love that email where he ripped that dude.

Okay, so 3+5 are both prime and 5+3 are also prime, but it isn't as fascinating as if this was the only possible combination for the 8.

And that Mr.cybereality brings an interesting point!! What happens to 4 when 1 is not a prime and only 3 is?

Maybe taco needs sleep to decipher this trigonometry.
Wait, but 4 is 1 + 3 and 1 is not prime.
Do you people even know what an even number is? 1, 3 and 5 are not even. 0 is even though. Also 1 is less than 2. Please reread what Spectre wrote and try again. BTW the only even prime number is 2.

Linus could have spent his life getting linux out of the garage and possibly being a bigger philanthropist than Bill Gates but instead he decided to be a sad and constant public case of aspergers

Linus could have spent his life getting linux out of the garage and possibly being a bigger philanthropist than Bill Gates but instead he decided to be a sad and constant public case of aspergers
The majority of servers in the world, and supercomputers, are all almost exclusively run by GNU/Linux, so I'm not sure what exactly you are on about.
All Android smartphones run Droid/Linux as well.

If you are talking about Linux on the desktop, that isn't really his end goal, nor his focus.

The majority of servers in the world, and supercomputers, are all almost exclusively run by GNU/Linux, so I'm not sure what exactly you are on about.
All Android smartphones run Droid/Linux as well.

If you are talking about Linux on the desktop, that isn't really his end goal, nor his focus.

omg i didnt know this! thank you so much!

yes and it will stay hidden as server instances or under a gui made by samsung, forever. the "creator" of linux has been the WORST ambassador of linux.

What graphics card? I assume he's been using Intel integrated graphics previously.

That is pretty good news for AMD users. Linux is looking more and more like it'll be my daily driver when I do a new build. Win 10 LTSB will be booted only for gaming and all the update bullshit will be off unless it's needed to run something.
Why not LTSC? LTSB is limited to really old nvidia drivers.

How so?
What exactly is your issue with any of this, aside from Linus not being a "philanthropist" asshole who wants to control everyone?
huh? its a thread about Linus Torvalds one of the most famous jackoffs and fart-sniffers of all time? come outside the sunshine is great.

I really like this because there have been issues in the past which have been fixed however if Linus uses a TR daily these will not likely slip through.

That sounds like a hassle if you're a gamer. Linux needs Vulkan to take off in a big way but that isn't happening.

That sounds like a hassle if you're a gamer. Linux needs Vulkan to take off in a big way but that isn't happening.
I've been dual booting for years, and tried to switch to Ubuntu daily driver about 6 months ago. I have switched back and forth a few times, since I have found strange problems and games that don't work, etc. but overall it is very usable.

Better Vulkan support for games would help definitely. I don't think ray tracing works yet, I had to boot into Windows to play Control. But Microsoft recently open sourced DX12 so I imagine the WINE devs are looking into that.

Solve carefully!
230 - 220 x 0.5 = ?
You probably won't believe it, but the answer is 5!
My math might be off, but wouldn't you have to follow order of operations on that?
If I remember right, multiplication and division are priority over addition and subtraction.

1) 230 - (220 x 0.5)
2) 230 - 110
3) 120

...a bigger philanthropist than Bill Gates

Hardly, he's back to his old tricks being a major contributor to the WHO, using it as a vehicle to put a computer in every body.

Why not LTSC? LTSB is limited to really old nvidia drivers.

Using LTSC 2019. Runs everything just fine and less is more. Like FreeBSD a lot better than Linux, better organized and better organization.

Back