Linus Media Group YouTube Channels Hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I used to watch Linus like way back in the before times like 2010ish or something when he still worked at that other place.

Didn't his channel get hacked back then too and the issue was he didn't have 2FA turned on? I could be totally thinking another channel, but pretty sure it was Linus.

So this isn't the first time.

Anyway I don't watch Linus much if at all these days for many of the same reasons some have stated already in this thread. But at the end of the day his channel is a business of what, like 100 people now, so I wish them a speedy recovery so the livelihoods of those people aren't jeopardized.

But man Linus, stop getting hacked.

OK, I used to watch Linus like way back in the before times like 2010ish or something when he still worked at that other place.

Didn't his channel get hacked back then too and the issue was he didn't have 2FA turned on? I could be totally thinking another channel, but pretty sure it was Linus.

So this isn't the first time.

Anyway I don't watch Linus much if at all these days for many of the same reasons some have stated already in this thread. But at the end of the day his channel is a business of what, like 100 people now, so I wish them a speedy recovery so the livelihoods of those people aren't jeopardized.

But man Linus, stop getting hacked.
Linus! Put the mouse DOWN! No...don't click that link!

like it's the end of the world or something?!!

2023-03-23.png

And also just to be fair, like I like to do once in a while

When you're as big/popular as he is (deserved or not) in whatever domain you roll in, of course you're gonna be a huge target, with shit talkers like me, and scammers

I try pointing this out in regards to Nvidia at times, but get told that's a bunch of bullshit 💅

The wonderful thing about security especially network, or account security is it comes down to a contest of eyes.
How many eyes do you have on watching logs and monitoring your own in place security measures and how many eyes are trying to violate those security measures.
The team with the more eyes will eventually win every time, it’s just a matter of time. The only thing you can do is assume they are already in and work to mitigate any damage they can do and reduce down time.

And also just to be fair, like I like to do once in a while

When you're as big/popular as he is (deserved or not) in whatever domain you roll in, of course you're gonna be a huge target, with shit talkers like me, and scammers

I try pointing this out in regards to Nvidia at times, but get told that's a bunch of bullshit 💅
Yep... Been there, done that ;).

Normally…. I cannot stomach Linus’s videos. Every so often they have something I interesting, water chillers, TEC cooling, and the thunderbolt extenders (?) to relocate the computer outside of the room.

Channel is back up with an update.

Uses tragedy to shill more crap, epic.

I don't know why I dislike Linus so much, but everything about him from his voice, to his cutesy facial expressions (dear god that wink in that video was terrible), to his earrings, just drives me crazy. Maybe I am just a hater as the kids say.

When nerdy looking guys wear earrings to try and look cool it just highlights how nerdy they look and makes things worse.

I don't know why I dislike Linus so much, but everything about him from his voice, to his cutesy facial expressions (dear god that wink in that video was terrible), to his earrings, just drives me crazy. Maybe I am just a hater as the kids say.
Lol, damn dude.

I'm fine with him. I listen to podcasts constantly and his WAN show is in my rotation and he seems like a pretty genuine and normal guy to me. He kinda exaggerates his personality in his videos of course and I'm annoyed at their stupid thumbnails, but outside of that I like him for the most part.

Lol, damn dude.

I'm fine with him. I listen to podcasts constantly and his WAN show is in my rotation and he seems like a pretty genuine and normal guy to me. He kinda exaggerates his personality in his videos of course and I'm annoyed at their stupid thumbnails, but outside of that I like him for the most part.
on one of the wan shows he went into detail about why he acts the way he does in the video's and why they use the thumbnails they do along with the process they used to determine what does and doesn't work based on the analytics. was interesting and made a lot of sense but end of the day it's about playing the system even if it annoys a handful of people for the overall gain in viewership.

Channel is back up with an update.

It's funny that this whole thing was due to opening a PDF file. It's funny because this most likely effected a Windows machine, while Linus Tech Tips has promoted Linux multiple times. Also if anyone was wondering if crypto was a scam, the hacker used the channel to stream Elon Musk talk about crypto.

Linus is a business man and a shrewd one. This is the same guy that calls out users with ad blocker as pirates, while making multiple videos on fixing his home to write off on his taxes. Also most of his videos are variations of building a PC, while he's also promoted the use of Mac. He's a really scummy guy, but once in a while his staff does make a good video.

on one of the wan shows he went into detail about why he acts the way he does in the video's and why they use the thumbnails they do along with the process they used to determine what does and doesn't work based on the analytics. was interesting and made a lot of sense but end of the day it's about playing the system even if it annoys a handful of people for the overall gain in viewership.

In other words

Whores are still whores

Gets money though

For whoring

Maybe I am just a hater as the kids say.

e1f1255a18520d2df34c23ef9e2f5f4f.jpg

Last edited:
Tragedy? What’s tragic about what happened?

As for his look/mannerisms/whatever… who cares? Dude is doing a job and if that’s what it takes to achieve his goals and he’s okay with it I don’t see the problem. Anyone getting uptight about any of it should probably look inward to see why they are so triggered.

Tragedy? What’s tragic about what happened?

As for his look/mannerisms/whatever… who cares? Dude is doing a job and if that’s what it takes to achieve his goals and he’s okay with it I don’t see the problem. Anyone getting uptight about any of it should probably look inward to see why they are so triggered.
Pretty much. It's entertaining to read these unhinged and blatantly obtuse arguments (which is on par with most of DukenukemX's posts I guess) as to why he's such a bad guy. If you don't like his personality, fair enough. But I have yet to see him actually do anything so aggregous to warrant such distain, lol. I chalk most of it up to jealousy, I suppose.

It smells automated, because, you hacked one of the largest accounts on youtube and it runs the (very common) Elon Musk crypto scam??

Sort of a waste. Btw, Linus getting hacked is one thing, people throwing out free bitcoin to scammers though....

Tell me you haven't watched his video without watching his video.
There was ZERO crap shilled, no hoodies, no water bottles, no desk mats, yes there was a sponsor for the video but that was at the end of the video and lets be honest even when major sporting events continue on after a tragedy they still show commercials.

I don't know about hater, but if you continue to watch something you dislike so much that's definitely more a reflection of what kind of person you are then the person you're "hating" on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back