Linus from Linus Tech to Possibly Retire

I wouldn't say half, but there is definitely a lot he doesn't know. Though it's less him talking and more his writing team not doing proper research when making the scripts. They need some more people with non-consumer experience and knowledge on the writing staff. Anthony is great, but his skill set is mostly Linux and IT. Outside of that everyone is either pretty much new to the tech world or has limited knowledge outside of the consumer sector.

Agreed. Sometimes I can't stand watching their videos because of some of the stuff they talk about. And so many that watch them swear by him and I just laugh.

I used to watch this guy while he was in his early stages doing cool unboxing videos.

I quit watching him long ago. I couldn't stand his voice and his videos.

Like this video. Its about nothing. He can stick his crying voice up to his as.

LTT is like the Top Gear of the computer world. Top Gear does outlandish antics with cheap or exoctic cars for entertainment sake, LTT does the same with computer parts. You don't go to either for useful reviews or information on cars or computer parts.

I wouldn't say half, but there is definitely a lot he doesn't know. Though it's less him talking and more his writing team not doing proper research when making the scripts. They need some more people with non-consumer experience and knowledge on the writing staff. Anthony is great, but his skill set is mostly Linux and IT. Outside of that everyone is either pretty much new to the tech world or has limited knowledge outside of the consumer sector.

I just always assumed he has severe ADD or ADHD (which can really mask someone's true intelligence/wisdom/knowledge) and he doesn't like to bore his audience with too much depth.

I could be way off base, but he reminds me of quite a few very successful business owners I've met with those traits.

I just always assumed he has severe ADD or ADHD (which can really mask someone's true intelligence/wisdom/knowledge) and he doesn't like to bore his audience with too much depth.

I could be way off base, but he reminds me of quite a few very successful business owners I've met with those traits.

wouldn't surprise me.. when he gets in his tangents about what he did with NCIX on the Wan Show it's pretty interesting watching him go into detail about it since he doesn't typically do that in his other video's. but at the same time he's been in the youtube business long enough he knows what does and doesn't get views so can't fault him for that.

Two minutes was all I could take. Is that dude's name Van Pelt? Looks like he needs a blanket.

linus.gif

Reactions: erek
like this
I used to watch this guy while he was in his early stages doing cool unboxing videos.

I quit watching him long ago. I couldn't stand his voice and his videos.

Like this video. Its about nothing. He can stick his crying voice up to his as.

This ^

Linus was ok as background noise, but I never took his videos as anything more than that. Every product, every item, it was impossible to know if he was giving an honest opinion, or just shilling for the sponsor.

Many of his recent videos have just been of him buying and upgrading shit in his house.

Hardware Canuks always brings me back. Dimitri and Eber are great. The production quality is top notch. I just wish they got more technical.

Gamers Nexus is fantastic, though, is fantastic, but too technical. If hey found a middle.

Linus outright called Intel a chicken weasel, and described in detail why both insults apply.

He called out Intel only to immediately (literally - he went directly from rant to lapdog in the same video) do exactly what Intel told him to do. Yeah, real strong spine right there.

I stopped watching him when I noticed that all of the product reviews were pre-written by the sponsor. They'd have completely unnatural language that he struggled through and they'd be extremely positive while being very light on detail. It was almost like he was reading claims directly off of the box and passing those off as his glowing review. A month or two later in a different video, you'd hear him criticize the product he had given a glowing review because he was in the middle of riding the genitalia of the next sponsor who gave him a pre-written review to film.

I loved his crazy build videos like the whole home water cooling. I unsubscribed when he went to poorly executed review-for-hire shill work.

Considering how many ads he threw in our face, no wonder it's time to retire.
Never followed him because of his tendency to throw ads pretty much everywhere in his video.

Good, it will open up a spot for others.

Then you haven't known of him for that long, ads only started a couple of years ago when Youtube changed their policy. In the early days of the channel, you could watch an entire video of his and maybe see an ad, but it was rare.

He has a lot to be proud of I would say, a lot to be jealous of too.

Yeah I’m real jealous of his shit Youtube content :LOL: The amount of shit he shills is ridiculous, like most tech channels promoting anyone who will give him money. But apparently if he says its sponsored content it makes it perfectly fine to promote shit.

thats how advertising works.

no, that is how making money and throwing your subscribers under the bus works... problem is LTT subscribers are too stupid to know any better and think hes a saint because he calls Intel out once in a blue moon.

no, that is how making money and throwing your subscribers under the bus works... problem is LTT subscribers are too stupid to know any better and think hes a saint because he calls Intel out once in a blue moon.

How did he throw his subscribers under the bus? He makes opinionated Youtube videos some surely based on facts scientific methodology or trial and error but surely anyone with a brain should always use second opinions and factual information before making decisions that involve spending money.

throwing your subscribers under the bus works
lol ok how so? its youtube it has commercials. so what? he promotes shit. so what? he doesnt hide it.
edit: come to think of it, he's been advertising in one form or another since the very get go.
edit2: speeling

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO:
How did he throw his subscribers under the bus? He makes opinionated Youtube videos some surely based on facts scientific methodology or trial and error but surely anyone with a brain should always use second opinions and factual information before making decisions that involve spending money.

lol ok how so? its youtube it has commercials. so what? he promote shit. so what? he doesnt hide it.
edit: come to think of it, he's been advertising in one for or another since the very get go.

They aren’t Youtube commercials, they are products he is promoting personally to subscribers. Look you can justify it anyway you want but he is nothing more than a shill promoting crap and is such a tight ass that he thinks he shouldn’t even have to pay for a Mac Pro that he uses to generate revenue.

He used to make genuine content, now he is just a whore that companies throw money at...if he went away tomorrow, the world would be a better place honestly.

wouldn't surprise me.. when he gets in his tangents about what he did with NCIX on the Wan Show it's pretty interesting watching him go into detail about it since he doesn't typically do that in his other video's. but at the same time he's been in the youtube business long enough he knows what does and doesn't get views so can't fault him for that.

There's other channels for people looking for more depth, details and testing anyway. So I don't know why people even care that much. As others have said, Linus is more tech entertainer than anything else. And it works.

There's other channels for people looking for more depth, details and testing anyway. So I don't know why people even care that much. As others have said, Linus is more tech entertainer than anything else. And it works.

because people feel entitled and think they're opinion is the only thing that matters, that's why they do it.

I like the guy. It's nice to see "what would happen if..." when you have a couple of spare $1300 GPUs to dick around with.

I watch every once in a while. I just find myself cringing at many of his assumptions and incorrect statements -- like when he tries something stupid and I already know it isn't going to work. Like why even go through the whole process of making a video if you didn't try it beforehand to ensure it works? I guess he still gets revenue based off the contorted face thumbnails and dragging people through a video as long as he can. That said, there's still a lot of entertaining stuff he does but I watch him a lot less than I used to.

Like why even go through the whole process of making a video if you didn't try it beforehand to ensure it works? I guess he still gets revenue based off the contorted face thumbnails and dragging people through a video as long as he can.

Showing how not to do something is a time-honored approach to teaching, if done properly.

There is only one decent YouTube Tech presenter & that is LYLE (not Kyle) from BitWit. Steve at Gamers Nexus is good at what he does but has the charisma of a brick! LTT is just a complete waste of bandwidth TBH & he just loves to brag about what he has been sent this time to video with storage solutions that even the largest BitTorrent user with a synchronous 10Gbit pipe would struggle to half fill! With the amount of "free" sponsored stuff these "tech channels" get sent out to do "video content" on, puts the price up for the consumer at the end of the day. Even worse when they want you to subscribe to a Patreon or other paid for service to watch them mess around with stuff they have been sent for free & you are paying them to do something that you could be doing yourself for less.

Back