Linode VPS $100 free credit after first month

acidic

Gawd
To celebrate our 9th birthday we are giving away $250,000 in Linode services! The Giveaway starts this Tuesday, June 19th at 12:00PM EDT (4:00PM GMT) and both new and existing customers are eligible.

For new customers: Be one of the first people to sign up after 12:00PM EDT this Tuesday. If you make the cut, a $100 credit will immediately be placed onto your account to use as you see fit.

For existing customers: Add any new Linode or NodeBalancer after 12:00PM EDT this Tuesday. If you make the cut, you’ll get August, September, and October for that service free of charge. This applies to any size Linode.

* Your account will initially be charged to the end of July.
* Credit is non-transferable and non-refundable.
* Limit one giveaway bonus per customer.

We’ll keep this going until all of the $250,000 has been spoken for! Don’t miss out on your chance to get free service, or to refer your friend using your referral code. So good luck, happy birthday to us and to you, here’s to the past 9 years, and looking forward to the next.

Linode VPS are pretty beefy. I was able to host a 24 man tf2 server on it with a 512mb plan + apache for a few small sites.

http://blog.linode.com/2012/06/16/linode-birthday-giveaway/

Linode VPS are pretty beefy. I was able to host a 24 man tf2 server on it with a 512mb plan + apache for a few small sites.

http://blog.linode.com/2012/06/16/linode-birthday-giveaway/

There are strange rules around this forum about web hosting, and probably this. In my opinion Linode is really expensive, and you can find better deals if you shop around lowendbox.com and search for good feedback. I have a 2gb openvz from ChicagoVPS for $7 a month.

There are strange rules around this forum about web hosting, and probably this. In my opinion Linode is really expensive, and you can find better deals if you shop around lowendbox.com and search for good feedback. I have a 2gb openvz from ChicagoVPS for $7 a month.

there are definitely better plans than Linode...

but as far as I've seen, Linode provides better support / hardware management than a lot of the other hosts

that saying, I also have a ChicagoVPS 2GB VPS... can't believe how much profit they can get (or the amount of overselling... I'm aiming my VPS only to use 1GB ram max out of the 2GB...)

ChicagoVPS looks interesting, how snappy does the server feel to you guys and can I host more intensive things like hlds?

I really like Linode, their machine fees super snappy and fast. It's like I'm the only one on it, unlike Rackspace vps

I have 3 Linodes right now, absolutely love them.
I've been with them for about 2 years, never had any downtime or performance issues.

Back