Linksys WRT54G-TM Bridge problems

Alchemy1

Limp Gawd
I bought two of these and flashed them to the latest DD-WRT mega bios. I have both of them set up as bridges. One is hooked up to my Xbox 360 and connects and stays connected to my wireless signal flawlessly ("local and internet"). The other is hooked up to my main desktop and it will connect to the wireless signal, but will soon drop the internet connection while remaining connected to the local network. I have swapped the routers back and fourth (resetting in between and not) and the 360 always connects perfectly and the desktop always drops the internet connection. Any suggestions?

when it says it drops the internet connection, can you still ping your main router that's connected to your modem?

almost wonder that since the computer never loses it's network connection since the nic doesn't drop, the bridge is losing it's wireless connection to the main router. But since the LAC of the computer doesn't drop, it still "thinks" the local network is accessible.

if that's the case, then it's gotta be some sort of wireless interference.

Thanks for the quick replies. I turned my main pc on today and there were no issues. However, the connection is/has been active for a few hours due to windows update downloads and WHS back up of the pc. It seems like the problem occurs when the connection is idle.

Once the WHS backup is complete and the windows updates are done I will report back.

Back