Linksys WRT54G Router

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by amdfan25, Oct 8, 2006.

1. amdfan25

amdfan25 2[H]4U

Hey guys any idea on how to change the admin page for a Linksys WRT54G back to English? Its freaking stuck in another language after loaning it to a relative and I cant figure out how to get it back to English. Help please. :mad:

2. drizzt81

drizzt81 [H]ardForum Junkie

I would suggest looking under admin

3. RaisedBlock

RaisedBlock n00b

I just looked through my config, and I don't see language anywhere... You might just have to restore it to factory defaults.

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat [H]ardForum Junkie

Flash with English firmware?

5. mcovey

mcovey n00b

Did you buy it on ebay or somewhere where you might get stuck with a foreign version?

Try holding down the reset button with a paperclip for 30 seconds, then, while it is still held down, unplugging it, and plugging it in (so that it has been held down the entire time)
    Continue to hold for an additional 10 seconds. I had to do this with a Linksys router after the firmware got corrupted and it would not stay stable long enough for me to even get new firmware on. It worked temporarily.

Other than that I'd have to agree flash the firmware with an English version if my suggestion fails.

6. amdfan25

amdfan25 2[H]4U

I bought it on Newegg a year ago. I think the problem originated when i let my relatives borrow it and the damn router "remembered" that their OS was not English (they use XP with Asian language pack).

Actually I called Linksys Tech support and they told me to do exactly that, reset it. Problem is now my router if F@#Ked up and doesnt power on correctly. Didnt even try to flahs firmware first. WTF? RMA process here i come.