Linksys WRT160N 802.11b/g/n Wireless Router - $40

w4ffles

2[H]4U
Linksys WRT160N 802.11b/g/n Wireless Broadband Router up to 300Mbps/ 10/100 Mbps Ethernet Port x4 @ newegg

$10 coupon code: EMCYTZT101

Can be flashed with DDWRT. 48-hour deal only.

not that I look at reviews from newegg because everyone on these forums are smart enough to realize they're garbage. But are these any good in terms of range? Doesn't look like these have antennae or unless Linksys came out with a tech so advanced Im so far behind on since I still use a Dlink W54TN router

not that I look at reviews from newegg because everyone on these forums are smart enough to realize they're garbage. But are these any good in terms of range? Doesn't look like these have antennae or unless Linksys came out with a tech so advanced Im so far behind on since I still use a Dlink W54TN router

Range is pretty poor for me. I drop to 50% signal when I move more than 30ft or so away from the thing. I haven't tried flashing to DDWRT yet, but I'm hoping it helps quite a bit. Mine has a nasty habit of bottle necking every 5 or 6 weeks, forcing me to reconfigure it. It's hard to be really disappointed because of the price, but it's not the worst router I've ever used.

I've got the dual band version of this and it actually works quite well... Clear signal all throughout my parents' two story house. I was thinking of picking this one up and flashing it for use in my apartment, but I'm not quite sure after reading the reviews.

DDWRT does allow you to up the signal output by quite a bit if you want. Just be careful of heat when you start cranking the power up.

Put DD-WRT on the router and it is 100x time better.

Not sure about signal but for me it has been excellent. 2 story home and full bars everywhere I go.

Not sure if anyone knows, but I currently use AT&T DSL and my current Linksys router (WRT54G) does not play well with the modem. Would it be stupid to assume that a newer Linksys router will also be a pain in my butt, or with DD-WRT will it be moot? I remember looking into DD-WRT a few years ago, but I am too lazy when it comes to networking to understand it that well.

I haven't kept up with routers. =(, I thought "gigabit" routers were all the rage. I need a new router... I use AT&T and some cheap modem (and some other Linksys router).

I haven't kept up with routers. =(, I thought "gigabit" routers were all the rage. I need a new router... I use AT&T and some cheap modem (and some other Linksys router).

Yeah, gigabit is the rage for wired routers, but not for wireless...

Back