Linksys problems

polydiol

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi guys

I bought a new linksys router (BEFSX41) and it has firmware 1.50.18 and the problem I've been having with it is that I can't set it to stop my AIM from signing on and off every 5 minutes, I checked the settings to allow more time but its just not there. I was wondering if anybody else had this problem and maybe found a workaround for it?

THanks!

Do you think it's dropping your entire internet connection frequently, or just dropping AIM? Start a big download and see if it continues even when AIM randomly disconnects.

or ping -t wherever.com and see if it drops, and what its doing when it drops. Might be somethign hijacking your internet. Have you tried newer firmware and NIC drivers?

NotSoSimple said:
or ping -t wherever.com and see if it drops, and what its doing when it drops. Might be somethign hijacking your internet. Have you tried newer firmware and NIC drivers?

If you are going to ping might as well hit a target valid for the problem.

c:\> ping login.oscar.aol.com

internet connection never drops - I just played wow for 4 hours.

I'll try a large download.

Let me just add for future reference that the above problem is a common problem with that type of router and their tech support was no help furthermore, I fixed the problem by taking the router back and purchasing a Netgear WGR614

Back