Linkin Park - Livings Things mp3 download for $4.99

Cruiza

[H]ard|Gawd
Not your usual [H]ot|DEALS item, but I thought it was worth passing along anyway. Amazon has Linkin Park's new album Living Things available for download for just $4.99. It was just released a week ago.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008B3H4VQ

I know not everyone likes their music, but I really don't care! :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought it earlier after I saw it on slickdeals. Still haven't listened to it yet but I will

It's pretty decent, IMO. The summary of one review that I skimmed through stated that Living Things is essentially all of LP's previous albums mashed together, and I can't think of a better way to describe it.

Actually saw this on AmazonMP3 twitter feed this morning and got it. Loading it to my iPhone now.

The last album Linkin Park made was Meteora. After that, U2 started a band that looked just like Linkin Park and started touring. :mad:

Yea, THousand suns was pretty bad (though I went back and listened to it again yesterday and it wasn't as bad as I had remembered).
This is much more along the lines of Meteora, and really pretty good.

That being said, what's a guy got to do to get another Reanimation-like album?!

(Thx OP, in-4-1)

I'm not impressed... they need to make their new stuff sound more like this. If anything their new album was 99% a thousand suns and 1% if any of the rest of their albums...

The last album Linkin Park made was Meteora. After that, U2 started a band that looked just like Linkin Park and started touring. :mad:

Agreed. Occasionally they'll throw in a track to please LP purists (e.g. Bleed it Out), but I generally don't like the direction they're going.

Bit on this. I used to really like Linkin Park, but the last few albums they made I was less than thrilled about. I figure for $5 it was a pretty good deal for a CD that came out only last week.

Linkin Park was bad ass until they started writing their own music.

its been at least 5 years since 10,000 days so we all maybe saved soon.

I like most of the songs on the album so far. About the only one that I outright just don't like at all is "Victimized." Far too much screaming for me. Big fan of "Lost in the Echo" and "Powerless" though. The album has definitely made me look forward to seeing them in concert this August.

Did they get a new manager/label/whatever after Meteora? I just don't get the sudden change in style between then and MTM.
Yea, they went from Don Gillmore as their producer to Rick Rubin after Meteora.

A Thousand Suns was freaking horrible IMO. Heck, half of the songs were just long lead-ins to the next song.

May bite on this however, since the reviews and you guys seem to think it's much more like Meteora and MTM than ATS.

A Thousand Suns was freaking horrible IMO. Heck, half of the songs were just long lead-ins to the next song.

May bite on this however, since the reviews and you guys seem to think it's much more like Meteora and MTM than ATS.

It is nothing like meteora... Whoever says that needs to have their ears checked.

It's alright, but it's not great. I like early LP. MtM was ok, but not great. Meteora and their debut were really good.

I bought it, and it's worth $5, but not much more. I really don't like where they are going with their music.

A few songs off this album are pretty good. The rest is pretty bland. I'd avoid buying it and just listen to the 2-3 songs on Youtube when I want to hear them.

YMMV.

LP needs a throwback album. Their new stuff to me isn't too good, but it isn't too bad either. But it most certainly isn't what made them famous in the first place.

Songs 1 = boring
Song 2 = alright, nothing special
Songs 3,4,5 = pretty good
Song 6 = boring
Song 7 = alright only because of Chester's screaming
Song 8-9 = bad
Song 10 = wtf is this
Song 11 = even their instrumentals suck now
Song 12 = ...

If you're looking for a throwback to the late 90s and early 2000s era, get the new Fear Factory album instead. LP is now a "could care less they still exist" band to me.

I bit at 5$. Thanks OP. Even if its only decent, worth it for 5$ no tax and I could just download it.

Last, best song was Given Up on M2M IMHO. Some good songs there, but nothing like the old days where the ENTIRE album was on my playlist.

Their released single isnt too bad, not quite as good as the stuff from first two albums. Havent listened to this album yet, but one of linking parks best song was Transformers 2 New divide. Kinda sad the song was helluva better than the movie.

Back