Link Width only x8

m1abram

2[H]4U
Building up a new machine and I noticed in CPU-Z that my PCI-e link width is only x8 of max of x16.

What would cause this?

MB - Asus M2N32-SLI deluxe
Video - BFG 7950GX2

I installed the latest drivers and enabled LinkBoost in the BIOS according to the Asus manual for use with 7950GX2 cards

It wont hurt anything anyhow. As you probably know, no card has ecllipsed the 8x bandwidth anyhow. The extra bandwidth is just there for wishful thinking! lol.

I saw the same thing with my setup. Apparently all A8N32-SLI see this with the 1205 BIOS and a 7950GX2.

There is a long thread about this over at nVNews. Don't know if anyone has a defnative answer for it, but if you think about it, each card in a 7950 is only going to have x8 bandwidth.

However other mobo owners get x16 reported back to them using CUP-ID.

heatlesssun said:
I saw the same thing with my setup. Apparently all A8N32-SLI see this with the 1205 BIOS and a 7950GX2.

There is a long thread about this over at nVNews. Don't know if anyone has a defnative answer for it, but if you think about it, each card in a 7950 is only going to have x8 bandwidth.

However other mobo owners get x16 reported back to them using CUP-ID.
It could be a bug with CPU-Z maybe.

Not too concerned about it. However when building a new setup, I always go through and kick the tires real good to make sure everything is as it should.

Back