Link fan speed to temperature probe instead of CPU temp - Z490 Aorus Master / Commander Pro

lopoetve

Extremely [H]
Z490 Aorus Master, Corsair XD9 setup with Commander pro. I've got 9 fans - the commander has links for 6 (including the WP, so actually 5) - which means the rest are run to the motherboard. Motherboard sets fan speeds based on CPU temperature, XD9 obviously does it based on water temperature. I'd RATHER the fans all go by water temp, but if I don't have to buy a second commander pro, that'd be neat. Anyone managed to get motherboard software to see temperature probes like that and work off of them instead (not hooked to hte board)?

If the board has the header to read water temp then you would just change the trigger drop down in the bios. But I didn't see it listed for your board unless it's a different Rev.

Water temp is plugged into the commander though- unless you add a second probe...?

Basically. The commander or board would control the fans from a temp probe.

My C7H has a temp probe for my res with D5 for instance. The simplest would just be to get Y splitters and have the Commander Pro run all the fans as is providing they can support the power draw.

Now that I hadn't thought of. I want them all synced anyway (set the curves that way). I ~think~ it has enough juice. I'll look it up. Thanks!

I wouldn't use splitters, the Commander Pro doesn't handle the extra power draw very well. I burned out my previous one by running more than one fan per header.

However, if you got a powered hub, you'll be good to go. Fans get power via the hub but are still pwm controlled via iCUE. The only downside is that the hubs won't power fans off like you could with a direct connection.

Back