Limited payment choices in PayPal at Priceline?

the_servicer

2[H]4U
I discovered this weekend that one can book a hotel room at pretty decent prices using Priceline, and one can use PayPal to do it. I'm really late to the party, I guess; it's the first time I used Priceline. Anyway it was also the first time I used PayPal to pay for something with no ability to use my favorite credit card. This particular card was hidden from view with no way to find it, though the card can be used for other PayPal payments. Does Priceline block certain banks or payment networks?

Is it an American Express? I know some systems are still finicky about taking Amex.

Yep, sure is. I get how Priceline might be finicky, but why PayPal? Is the extra cost passed along to merchants like Priceline?

It's weird, I find American Express to be one of the most reliable. Sure they've had issues in the past but I am quite sure they've recovered from it fully. That happened YEARS ago too.

I did find this.

"The takeaway: The reason that American Express isn't accepted at all retailers is because of its high swipe fees, compared to other credit cards. AmEx uses these fees to make the bulk of its profits, so its unlikely they'll lower them anytime "

Back