Like Microcenter on Facebook - get i5-2500K for $159.99

99% sure it would be in store only, they always only sell their top cpus in store (2500k, 2600k...) because the prices are so low they wouldn't have the inventory to sell them online at those prices (they are hoping to drive store traffic and that you will buy other items for your PC that are high margin...)

Do they still have the 2500k+mobo combo discount? If yes, can I combine with this?

I tried this and got a 404 server unavailable after I hit the "enter" button... no coupon showed up and it won't let me register now because it says I already registered.

6538765335_de3e5e51e4_b.jpg

... went through the process, filled out the form and hit the submit button. After about 2 minutes, I got a 404 server error message. Went to retry and now it says "Sorry, you have already registered." ... I hope they'll email me something because I didn't see any coupon after giving all my info to them. We'll see....

I ordered my stuff yesterday, and it INCLUDED the 2500k discount. Although I've already paid, I have yet to pick it up. Thanks so much OP, I'm going to have them include this with the deal.

I don't think there is a 50$ off bundle discount for the 2500k right now, only for the 2600k.

I don't think there is a 50$ off bundle discount for the 2500k right now, only for the 2600k.
No, 2500k works for $50 off bundle as well.

I was at my local MC today. On the CPU display case there was the 2500k bundle ad right pasted right next to the 2600k bundle ad. Both $50 off. I asked a sales person if I could use the FB coupon on the 2500k and still get the $50 off any z68 mobo. He checked into it and came back that would be no problem.

CRAP!! i just went in there last friday to buy a 2500k for my new build and this happens!?

do you think they'll give me $20 back? :)

Sweet!!!! I've been mulling over a 2500k and an Asus Z68 board, now I get another $20 of the 2500k and $50 off the mobo, put's me in at under $300 total!

Thanks OP!

Anyone who had the 404 error and weren't able to get their coupon should go back and try again. Looks like they fixed whatever issue they had. I got mine! Time to upgrade!

picked one of these up on black friday for 159.99 + mobo - 60. got my cpu ram and mobo out the door for 280. it was hell finding the micro center in dallas (both my google directions gps app and google maps showed the store about a mile and a half from its actual location) but it was totally worth it for that crazy good deal. props to microcenter for giving people the chance to get the same deal after black friday.

Ugh.... this ap wants complete access to facebook info... anyone feel uncomfertable with that???

Like... I dont want microcenter knowing everyone I am friends with :( That said... I (heart) microcenter!

Go there... you will NEVER EVER want to step foot in frys again!

I can confirm the $50 discount on a mobo with the 2500k. I picked one up last Saturday. The december add says the 2600k but the 2500k works too.

The $50 with a 2500k/mobo is over as of Sunday. It's now $50 off a 2600k and mobo... so this isn't as hot as it would have been over the weekend.

Yeah I got the 2500k today and at my local micro center they would not let me do the $50 off a mobo unless I bought the 2600k. That's what their ad says so I am not upset but it sure would have been nice to couple this with the mobo discount also.

Slowly but surely I am acquiring pieces for a build and I wasn't even planning one.....

NYARGH!!! I want to buy one MC, let me buy one, but nooooo I don't live in a civilized state.

I realize they want you in the door so they can get you to buy candy bars and cd-roms and stuff, but surely they could make some kind of combo deal online. I need a motherboard and RAM and if the right offer were made I'd buy something else online.

Lucky me, I live in the state with no Fry's, no Microcenter, but we do have a Newegg shipping center so I get to pay tax on those purchases. All the products I order are shipped from China on a slow boat anyway.

dude discount is never over
lol they been having 50 dollars off of both intel and amd mb since beginning of times

So are they still doing $50 off a motherboard with the 2500K processor?

dude discount is never over
lol they been having 50 dollars off of both intel and amd mb since beginning of times

Yes and the current 50 off deal is if you buy a 2600k, not a 2500k. While someone was able to get them to do it at their local MC, it did not work for me.

Ugh.... this ap wants complete access to facebook info... n!

Yet you trust facebook with your info? A little research will show you they both mine data and sell it and fork over information to der homeland security etc.

Wish i had the cash to jump from my q6600.

Yes and the current 50 off deal is if you buy a 2600k, not a 2500k. While someone was able to get them to do it at their local MC, it did not work for me.

really? did you get the bimonthly catalog? mine always say 50 dollars off select amd, intel processors with mbs

When I checked last night for a buddy, it still worked for the 2500K with the $110 Gigabyte motherboard. Added to cart, motherboard showed up at $59.99.

really? did you get the bimonthly catalog? mine always say 50 dollars off select amd, intel processors with mbs

Yes, the 2500k deal was through the 18th and then they changed it to the 2600k. It's on page 27 of the catalog.
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/6c0e1022#/6c0e1022/27

I was all ready to buy a mobo too but it's hard to argue with the employee when the advert clearly states in big huge letters that it's for the 2600k.

Kudos for you if they let you do it anyway but my MC wasn't having it.

When I checked last night for a buddy, it still worked for the 2500K with the $110 Gigabyte motherboard. Added to cart, motherboard showed up at $59.99.

Doesn't work for me with any motherboard on their site. As soon as I remove the 2500k and add a 2600k the price of the mobo goes down $50

Try this board: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 LGA 1155 Z68 ATX Intel Motherboard

Confirmed working as of right now.

Back