Light-weight photo/image editing program like MS Paint?

OpenSource Ghost

Limp Gawd
I want something that is just as snappy and simple as generic MS Paint, but with more capabilities. Popular programs like Photoshop, GIMP, and Paint.NET take a while to load. I need something light and snappy. For example, Notepad and Wordpad can be easily repalced with Notepad++, which has way more features, but loads very quickly and takes little space. I need a similar replacement for MS Paint.

Photoshop loads within a few seconds, but it has a monthly fee... All the power you could need.

Photoshop loads within a few seconds, but it has a monthly fee... All the power you could need.
depending on the version and plug-ins loaded it can take almost 30 seconds. I haven't timed mine but it's a bit more than a few seconds, but probably less than 30.
That's on a 5900X system with 64GB Ram and a 980 Pro NVME

Lightroom is great. Very easy to use. Powerful too. But It's monthly subscription. Unless you have a older version you can own perhaps.

depending on the version and plug-ins loaded it can take almost 30 seconds. I haven't timed mine but it's a bit more than a few seconds, but probably less than 30.
That's on a 5900X system with 64GB Ram and a 980 Pro NVME

Lightroom is great. Very easy to use. Powerful too. But It's monthly subscription. Unless you have a older version you can own perhaps.
That comes bundled with photoshop subscriptions nowadays.... If you legitimately have photoshop you have Lightroom too. Are you pirating? I've never seen photoshop take any 30 seconds to load Zepher.

That comes bundled with photoshop subscriptions nowadays.... If you legitimately have photoshop you have Lightroom too. Are you pirating? I've never seen photoshop take any 30 seconds to load Zepher.
takes 14 seconds for mine to load

Back