LifeLock To Pay $100M To Settle FTC Charges

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Federal Trade Commission has ordered LifeLock to pay $100 million for violating a 2010 federal court order to protect its users.

LifeLock will pay $100 million to settle Federal Trade Commission contempt charges that it violated the terms of a 2010 federal court order that requires the company to secure consumers’ personal information and prohibits the company from deceptive advertising. This is the largest monetary award obtained by the Commission in an order enforcement action.

Your more protected w/out lifelock. But fear makes the uneducated masses do silly things, just look at Trump's popularity.

Your more protected w/out lifelock. But fear makes the uneducated masses do silly things, just look at Trump's popularity.

Really... who do you want in office then?

1. A Liberal who flat out says they are going to screw the country and you all while saying it is for the greater good?

2. An establishment "Republican" who says they are going to work to fix things but then in the end throws in with the liberals for fear of being ridiculed by one or more "news outlets" by one or more "journalists"? Or maybe they are all just flat out liars and will say and do anything they can to get into office and then do the exact opposite of what they promised.

Anyone who would consider Hillary a viable choice is far removed from rational thought.

Here's some rational thought, math. If Trump is the GOP nominee he's likely to loose the Hispanic vote by a record margin. Add to that the other minority groups he's pissed off he'd have to get record support from whites in a the typical turn out for a presidential election.

I'm just pointing out the obvious here. Any rational political observer knows the same thing.

all the comments here are not related to the article.
They are about lies :D that's sorta on topic lol, but yeah lifelock is snake oil.
Here's some rational thought, math. If Trump is the GOP nominee he's likely to loose the Hispanic vote by a record margin. Add to that the other minority groups he's pissed off he'd have to get record support from whites in a the typical turn out for a presidential election.

I'm just pointing out the obvious here. Any rational political observer knows the same thing.
Bradley effect people are easily more racist and sexist when they vote for real vs just saying who'd they vote for.

Anyone who thinks Trump could be a viable president seems to not realize the main responsibility of a president is foreign policy and domestic enforcement. Majority of domestic policy setting and enacting is up to congress presidents don't change as much as they used to with the stripping of presidential powers post Nixon.

Too bad Gary Johnson isn't running again. With the clowns running for the big 2, he'd wim by a landslide

On topic:
Toys menu sound be going to the customers that had their information leaked, not government coffers

Yep, fear of Hillary.....

fear of hillary for a reason e.g she ordered the hit on gadafffi without obama approving it look at what happened to libya its now a dump. Hillary is bad news but liberals are to blind to see it they arw sacrificing humanity or their idiology. She wants Assad dead hence why us supply army and toyota trucks to isis to topple assad add hillary do the americans think they can fight russian armed forces lol.:D

fear of hillary for a reason e.g she ordered the hit on gadafffi without obama approving it look at what happened to libya its now a dump. Hillary is bad news but liberals are to blind to see it they are sacrificing humanity on the alter of their ideology. She wants Assad dead hence why us supply arms and toyota trucks to isis to topple assad add hillary to the mix = giant disaster do the americans think they can fight russian armed forces lol.:D
FT. Darn this dissapearing edit button
:mad:

For _______ brain dead folks I am sure it is the only choice to keep shoveling their ideology upon the Nation. :p

You can say that about anything really

For crossfit brain dead folks I am sure it is the only choice to keep shoveling their ideology upon the Nation

For linux brain dead folks I am sure it is the only choice to keep shoveling their ideology upon the Nation

For gluten free brain dead folks I am sure it is the only choice to keep shoveling their ideology upon the Nation

derp?

Arguing Republicans v Democrats v Something else is akin to arguing about levels of clinical retardation. They all have their upsides/downsides, but if the folks carrying those banners aren't up to snuff, all those pros/cons become mostly cons.

Anyone who would consider Hillary a viable choice is far removed from rational thought.

Anyone who would consider any of the current republicans a viable choice should never be allowed to vote again. I say that as someone who utterly despises hillary and absolutely do not want her in office. The problem is our non choice this year is at an all time record for how unbelievably bad it is. None of the clowns on either side should be allowed to hold an office higher than sanitation manager.

I would rather vote Hilary into office than to live under paranoia exhibited by all republicans. Talk about land of the free.

:eek: This thread needs some moderator action... And getting back on topic would be nice as well...

I know a few people who insist LifeLock is the bees knees. They can keep on believing that. I am thankful I never got conned, er suckered into it.

I would rather vote Hilary into office than to live under paranoia exhibited by all republicans. Talk about land of the free.

Did you forget that Hilary wants to take away everyone's guns? Democrats lie and only want their speech to free.

Trump 2016!

Hilary for prison 2016 (Every single one of her 900 emails have earned her jail time including 2 Top Secret, the highest classification).

Too bad Gary Johnson isn't running again. With the clowns running for the big 2, he'd wim by a landslide

I think Gary Johnson was specifically there to split the votes for Ron Paul. It'd definitely explain why he wouldn't run again, without Ron Paul running... or someone who is probably more legitimate. It's a tin foil hat theory, but that is just how it seems to me. Maybe because to me, he just sort of appeared out of nowhere.

I still don't get wtf LifeLock is supposed to actually do. I see their commercial, but all it says is protect your identity........ but how? In any case, it seems like this is another one of those cases where the money it is paying is vastly under the amount they made through their scams.

Back