Lies Of P

Steampunk + Bloodborne + Sekiro, with the graphical and combat polish of the Demon's Souls remake. If only this didn't scream bait for EGS hostile exclusive takeover.

Looks really good but hard to get excited about a game coming out in 2023 :|

definitely looks interesting...I wouldn't have guessed that a game about Pinocchio could be translated into a Bloodborne type of game...but 2023 release most likely means 2024 after the usual delay...

Definitely watch the trailer on a monitor instead of phone because I just rewatched on the latter, and all the intricate details of the character models get missed.

looking good...Pinocchio Bloodborne!...looks a bit similar to that Steel Rising game coming next month...coming to Game Pass as well...

We're definitely in a Soulsborne clone phase. This looks to be among the best ones, at least on paper, though.

We're definitely in a Soulsborne clone phase. This looks to be among the best ones, at least on paper, though.

Black Myth: Wukong looks like it might be the best clone...Lies of P is next...Lords of the Fallen 2 and Steelrising could be contenders as well

This games look way better than Steel Rising but getting both. I'm joking about the soy boy internet streamer look with a guy at work he's think I'm nuts lol. Arise of Awakener look good but no idea when.

Yeah I realized each gaming site that attended got to record their own game play footage, so different gameplay vids show different builds and therefore it may be worth watching a few of them.. or just waiting and avoiding spoilers.

Game looks solid and polished and the only real concern is length - like will it be 5 hours like a LOTF/Mortal Shell or much longer like the Souls games it's inspired by.

I'm kind of excited for this, even though the premise does seem a little ridiculous. Length is definitely of interest, too. Lots of Souls-like games are short. It's almost like the devs want to dip their toe into the genre without committing to a full-length game. I don't really even care about price points, I don't like thinking "that's it...?" after completing a game. I don't need Elden Ring, but I don't need another Mortal Shell, either.

over 40 minutes of new gameplay footage was posted on the official YouTube site

Lies Of P Director's Cut gameplay Part 1

Lies Of P Director's Cut gameplay Part 2

over 40 minutes of new gameplay footage was posted on the official YouTube site

Lies Of P Director's Cut gameplay Part 1

Lies Of P Director's Cut gameplay Part 2

Nice. Seeing the janky Steelrising animations and gameplay recently makes the animation quality and polish in this game that much more apparent.

Maybe this will be the first Souls-like that sticks the landing.

This is going to be the biggest Souls game that isn't From Software just took the right formula. 3rd person games ftw as long as its done without fixed camera. Wonder what Rise of the Fallen 2 is going to be like.

Nice. Seeing the janky Steelrising animations and gameplay recently makes the animation quality and polish in this game that much more apparent.

Maybe this will be the first Souls-like that sticks the landing.
Dead Cells and Remnant are both pretty good.

I still think Lords of the Fallen is probably the best Souls-like that wasn't made by Fromsoft. At least assuming the new God of War doesn't count as one. Fallen Order and Nioh would probably be next. Mortal Shell had the right formula, but it was only 1/2 of a game. After those, there's a sharp drop off IMO.

I still think Lords of the Fallen is probably the best Souls-like that wasn't made by Fromsoft. At least assuming the new God of War doesn't count as one. Fallen Order and Nioh would probably be next. Mortal Shell had the right formula, but it was only 1/2 of a game. After those, there's a sharp drop off IMO.

I have played them all and for me, Surge 2 and Nioh 1/2 both came closest to replicating the feel, excitement and sense of discovery as Dark Souls.

I like Remnant a lot, too. It's kinda sorta Souls with guns, but whatever it is, it works well.

That one Boss has Vacuum cleaner Arms worried about being too Steampunk like Steel rising.

They should rename the game to Lies of AMD and Nvidia. Then you will have complete game.

When is this actually coming out? They've been giving us a steady flow of content videos for over a year. A rough estimate like "Q2" would be fine.

August is a long way away it doesn't look much different than Steel Rising if you ask me.

Looking a little boring to me honestly after watching that latest vid here, and the sfx are obnoxiously loud and overdone imo. There's been quite a few games to use this victorian era setting the last couple of years it seems and I'm not rightly a fan of it.
I don't know though, I'd mabe pick this up on sale just to try it.

Back