Lian Li Xbox360 Case

8lack8rain

Limp Gawd
"Lian Li answers cries from Xbox 360 owners"
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/01/10/lian_li_answers_calls_from_xbox_360_owners/1

"We popped along to see Lian Li this morning and it had one of the more interesting cases that we’ve seen during this year’s Consumer Electronics Show, and this one isn’t for PCs – it’s for Xbox 360 owners."

There's enough crazy people in this forum I thought they might be interested in this story. :cool:

Looks nice.. I don't think I would break my warranty for it but if my unit was out of warranty. I'd get it for sure.. :)

OMFG that is kickass! I may even void my warranty for that sexy thing! MS doesn't check those warranty stickers anyway from what I hear.

That is pretty slick. I want one.. but where does my hard drive go?!

Yes, but if MS detects you've changed the case, will they ban you from XBL :)

That is very cool, but I think I could do without the side window. Console innards don't have too much sex appeal IMHO.

Lol, I find this pretty funny. What a worthless thing to buy.

Right? Aside from costing a bundle (which i'm sure it will) it will also double your console's size while offering absolutely no practical advantages. Not to mention we are still nearly a year away from the first consoles which will run out of rrod warranty. How bout, at the very least, incorporating the PSU or something?

Right? Aside from costing a bundle (which i'm sure it will) it will also double your console's size while offering absolutely no practical advantages. Not to mention we are still nearly a year away from the first consoles which will run out of rrod warranty. How bout, at the very least, incorporating the PSU or something?

I dont see what the fuss is either. It looks god awful and doesnt change the internal layout of the 360 in the slightest. Fair enough it gives more room for fans but thats it. I'd rather save $100+ and just glue a couple of 80mm fans to the side of the regular case.

Oh wait. It has a window on it, that changes everything. I can put sparkly lights in it and some glow in the dark tubing. I'll be the coolest dude in town and the chicks will want to shag me just so they can get a glimpse of my huge modded 360 that has fans with blue LEDS. :p

I'm partial to my HL case, that lian-li is kind of bland.

PIC-0008.jpg

that case is pointless, they don't even have a spot for the power brick so you still have that fucker kicking around.

that case is pointless, they don't even have a spot for the power brick so you still have that fucker kicking around.
I would not put the power brick in the same case because it would get hot, and it would take away ALOT of space.

I would not put the power brick in the same case because it would get hot, and it would take away ALOT of space.

No point in doing so anyway since there are many tutorials out there that show how to use an ATX PS with the 360.

I was all set to do a water cooled 360 in a home theater case when my 360 bit the dust for good. Soon as I get another one I'll get er done.

Look at the pic of the case showing the side window. Look at all the space above the DVD drive. What's that for?

I would agree with not using the brick in that case and putting an atx psu in.

I still think that the original case looks better, but I have never been a real huge fan of Lian anyway.

Look at the pic of the case showing the side window. Look at all the space above the DVD drive. What's that for?

I see no space, but seriously it would be stupid to put it in there, and i would go for the atx psu as stated above.

I'm sorry, but this case looks dumb. It looks bigger, uglier and less functional. I have to open a flap every time I want to change a game? No thanks.

I'd rather take the $100 that case is going to cost and buy some quieter fans, black metalic paint, and a flashed DVD BIOS (to run the DVD at 5x speed), than buy that Lian Li. Cool concept, but bad implementation.

If you want to see some really amazing 360 cases, check these forum posts out:
http://forums.llamma.com/viewtopic.php?t=3204&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Course, it doesn't really matter what I think. If you want to get that case, more power to you :D.

Looks like something for really poor people to try to convince their friends that they have decent computers...and it doesn't even do that well.

That doesn't even make since. Because once you spend the money for the xbox then the case it would cost as much as a pc.

Looks nice.. I don't think I would break my warranty for it but if my unit was out of warranty. I'd get it for sure.. :)

The second my warranty expires I'm getting one.

What he said, that thing is fucking sweet!!

That is pretty slick. I want one.. but where does my hard drive go?!

That is very cool, but I think I could do without the side window. Console innards don't have too much sex appeal IMHO.

Having a water cooled 360 in that lian li case would be sick.

You people are NEVER allowed to post pictures of people you find attractive.

I dont see what the fuss is either. It looks god awful

You are.

I honestly do not see the point. What exactly would transplanting the guts of your 360 into that, well "monstrosity" achieve? It's only going to improve airflow and lower internal temps a couple of degrees, and with the new "Falcon" systems, it's an incredibly moot point. You can't overclock a 360 so you don't exactly need better cooling for that.

Not only that, but where exactly would you put that thing? It's obviously not designed to integrate very well into any HTPC setup.

that case is ugly IMO....

its soo BIG... if i would actually void my warranty I would want a sleek and small case.... that thing looks like a VCR enclosure.....

thumbs down!

I can barely believe some people are excited about that. It looks boring and offer no advantages over the standard XBox case. Its bigger, heavier for certain, has no fancy cooling, and do not integrate the power brick of offer a ATX power supply. So you are paying money too... Get a big ugly box to put a console inside. If the X360 looks so bad to you you would rather replace it with something like that, just put the 360 in a closet. Heck, whats the point of hiding the chrome drive tray bezel behind closing doors, when you open up the doors it just looks like hell.

And you can tell how much Lian Li cares about it with that little "XBox 360" piece of paper hanging on the top of the console. Nice attention to detail Lian Li. Just goes to show companies can put out any old crap and if its got a piece of plexiglass on it, someone will buy it.

Back